Clear all

Jane Doe 205ufca – Lompoc, CA (a connection to Z and maybe "

17 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Dixie went missing almost a year before Jane Doe was found. The circumstance of Dixie’s disappearance make it seem unlikely, to me, that she would not be killed for a year. Sure she could have run off on her own, but why leave her glasses and purse behind?

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : June 14, 2015 4:20 am
(@pinkphantom)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

True, but nothing was ever found to indicate foul play and no sign of struggle either. Dixie grew up with missionaries and was married by 19 and a church wife. Something in me tells me that she may have grown tired of the marriage and lifestyle and ran away. As far as leaving behind important things, I’ve seen missing persons cases many times in which people leave behind glasses, wallets, cars, etc and never touch their bank accounts because they abandoned their old life and wished to remain off the grid. Leaving behind her glasses could have been an attempt to make her disappearance Seem involuntary (or suicide) thus not garnering shame upon her from her family/peers/husband. I really suspect this may have happened with Dixie. Sure she may have ran away a year before this Jane Doe was found, but who’s to say she didn’t survive during the hippie/hitchhiker movement going on in 1968-1969 until she met up with the wrong guy who offered her a ride?

P.s. Thank you for finding that article!

Posted : June 14, 2015 4:28 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: