Beautiful blond

20 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

"Maybe she will be the beautiful blond that babysits near the little store and walks down the dark alley each evening about seven."

Assuming this to be a Z letter, some answers as well as questions occurr:

– Z refers to a little store. In Riverside, where would such store have been?

– Z had known the ‘beautiful blond‘ was babysitting. Babysitting, however, actually happens inside the house and usually not visible to neighbors etc. on the door step or in the garden. Thus, only an ‘insider’ would have known about her to be a babysitter at all. This, as the blond could also have been a cousin, friend, daughter or similar. Nevertheless Z was aware that she was actually babysitting. He knew that she had received money for taking care of one or more children.

– Walking down a dark alley: Few locations where you could ‘walk down‘ in the Riverside area, correct?

– "each evening about seven" Z saw her ‘each evening’ about seven? What did he do there ‘each evening’?

If we search for the place Z had worked or lived at that time, this definitely is the area to search for. Also the question, where had been children to ‘babysit’ at all?

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : January 26, 2020 6:48 pm
(@themikado90)
Trusted Member

I have a feeling the perpetrator lived close to Cheri Jo and had stalked her for quite a while. I think if you’re looking for a little store this might be a good area to start.

Posted : January 26, 2020 7:41 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Definitely. He even wrote that the blond

"babysits near the little store"

How does he know that if not living near to that store?

The little store was not necessarily in the dark alley. Nor has the location, where she had been babysitting, in that alley. Most likely both locations were close together, however. Although he had seen her walking down – daily – at around 7pm, he also knew that she was babysitting near that little store.

IMO this seems to be a typical ‘T’ shaped street observation. Imagine a store, on the opposite site of your street, a blond passing that store, then walking down into that alley every day. A blond who you had known from your neighbors or herself that she was babysitting in the area.

I see two possibilities for such store:

a.) near Ramona or RCC
b.) on some topographic height, with a street next to it going ‘down’

Z knew not only about the store but also the alley, with the blond walking there each evening at 7 pm. He even knew that she has been babysitting nearby. I think it is not plausible that he had seen her babysitting somewhere near the store but as well had seen her walking down the alley – every single day. Instead, I believe that he had seen both of the locations at the same time.

– He knew about the location where she was babysitting, most likely by seeing her leaving that specific house or having known from the people who paid the babysitter
– He saw the little store in front of him, most likely out of his own window (‘each evening’)
– She then got out of sight – daily – by walking down the alley.

The little store as well as the dark alley going ‘down’ must both have been visible from his place.

Thus, if we would like to know where Z had lived, check out the little Riverside ‘stores’ in 1966. The little store’ also sounds familiar to him. It is not ‘a little store‘ but ‘the little store‘. This implies that Z had known about that store, most likely was a customer there, too.

The store most likely was not a special one (‘little’) but sold common stuff, e.g. grocery, food, drinks etc..

Anybody a telephone book with such store’s addresses?

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : January 26, 2020 9:17 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

I believe I found it:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/zodiack … t8758.html

Posted : January 26, 2020 9:46 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

To the right you can see the store, now a regular building. THe dark alley would then have been the Bandini Avenue, which is indeed an alley with trees etc., thus possibly pretty dark at 7pm.

If Z had been living at Bandini Avenue, he knew about the store and had just seen the blond walking down that street.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : January 26, 2020 10:11 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Or one of the smaller side alleys, which are less an avenue but indeed dark alleys:

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : January 26, 2020 10:17 pm
(@themikado90)
Trusted Member

I’ve been checking the residency history of the houses directly adjacent to the alley as I’d say it would make sense this person would have a direct view of the alley and the store but I can’t find much beyond 1998. Do any of you have any better means to check the residency history? I would say the houses of particular interest are: 3751, 3761, 3750 and 3760 Bandini Avenue.

Posted : January 26, 2020 10:19 pm
(@themikado90)
Trusted Member

Does anyone have the address for "Bob Barnett" at the time?

Posted : January 26, 2020 10:25 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

If you walk down Bandini the next street is Riverside Avenue – which is already in our think tank:

"Others remembered seeing a 1947-52 Studebaker with light colored oxidized paint parked on Riverside Avenue south of Terracina at about 7 p.m. the night Cheri was murdered."
viewtopic.php?f=106&t=2293&p=48324&hilit=+Riverside+Avenue+#p48324

If Z had lived near Bandini/Riverside Avenue, there indeed was no need to take Magnolia to Terracina. Just sit into the car of his dad, drove down 4 blocks towards the abandoned houses of RCC.

Sounds like a motorcycle.. (min 1:05)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NemGcVNE9bE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrmT1iVff1A

"South of Terracina (Fairfax Avenue)"

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : January 26, 2020 10:31 pm
(@themikado90)
Trusted Member

Interesting. Do you roughly know where on Riverside Avenue the car was parked?

Posted : January 26, 2020 11:36 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Interesting. Do you roughly know where on Riverside Avenue the car was parked?

Report said ‘south of Terracina’, so I guess it was rather Fairfax Avenue than Riverside Avenue. But the distance from the crime scene – at least to that little store – is pretty close. So far the best constellation for Z having been able to observe, shop and kill, so to say.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : January 26, 2020 11:49 pm
(@monarch)
Reputable Member

The street that is now called "Mine OKubo Ave." was called "Riverside Ave." in 1966 so in other words Riverside Ave. extended all
the way to Terracina Dr. which is all the way to the north east corner of the Quadrangle building.

The Studebaker must have been parked along the east side of the Quad building.

Posted : January 27, 2020 3:00 am
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

Good detective work here. But it’s almost certainly leading to a dead end.

Posted : January 8, 2021 7:10 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Good detective work here. But it’s almost certainly leading to a dead end.

It’d be better if someone remembered such little store around that area..did not live there so yes, you might be right.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : January 9, 2021 2:25 am
(@themikado90)
Trusted Member

A few months ago I actually spoke to someone who lived on Bandini Avenue in the ’50’s and 60’s and he remember that store and it was as a matter of fact referred to by everyone in the neighbourhood as the "little store". I believe this could actually be a very good lead.

Posted : January 10, 2021 2:40 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: