(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Could ANYBODY please provide the assumed cleartext

It’s here: https://zodiackiller.com/blog/

Posted : December 12, 2020 4:57 am
 Biz
(@biz)
Eminent Member

Hey Quicktrader. The first 9 lines of the cipher are solved with a period 19 transposition. The second 9 line of the cipher are solved a period 19 transposition as well. They both use the same key provided by David. Start with the first letter of the cipher got down one over two and repeat. The least to lines solve naturally with David’s key, except some words are reversed.

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:13 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

I see a TEXT. Like ANY test in the world.

I also see that it matches at some parts to the cipher. As soon as it gets to the word FUN I loose the structure because the only thing I can read is FAN or something like that.. For sure I cannot see the whole text in the cipher, at least not according to the ‘pattern’. The method does NOT work in the middle or the lower part of the cipher – please, correct me if I am wrong.

Take the key, enter it into the cipher (e.g. webtoy), draw a line over the cleartext – over at least 320 homophones – and I will believe you.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:15 am
 CZ85
(@cz85)
Trusted Member

Hey Quicktrader. The first 9 lines of the cipher are solved with a period 19 transposition. The second 9 line of the cipher are solved a period 19 transposition as well. They both use the same key provided by David. Start with the first letter of the cipher got down one over two and repeat. The least to lines solve naturally with David’s key, except some words are reversed.

I watched Dave’s video and saw the transposition. What does the "19" refer to exactly?

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:17 am
 Biz
(@biz)
Eminent Member

Essentially every character of the plain text is the 19th letter of the ciphered text.

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:22 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

So far, I can follow THIS part (starting from the upper left corner):

IHOPEYOUAREHAVINGOTSOFFANNTRYINGCATCHMEATWASNONTHETTOWWHIINGOUINTAE..

which could be self-constructed (enough errors in that one…). But see the latter ones for self-explanation (OUINTAE…).

What about the rest of the cipher? Maybe I am blind but I can’t see more than that, yet.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:26 am
 CZ85
(@cz85)
Trusted Member

Essentially every character of the plain text is the 19th letter of the ciphered text.

Gotcha. I was forgetting to add the 17 to the over 2. Thanks!

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:26 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

The 17 over the 2? Guys, what are you talking about??

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:28 am
 Biz
(@biz)
Eminent Member

Quick, I know this looks awful, because I am bad at graphics. But start at 0,0 and follow the colors. This is the first 1/3 of the cipher solution. I hope this helps you see my perspective. Let me know if you have questions!

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:31 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

OK lovely graphic. According to this, could you please – without any additional ‘corrections’ read the cleartext to me? Over 50% of the cipher?

Then, over the second part of the cipher? That’s what I am talking about…thanks. Because from the green section on I read something like EIAMREIGASRBTWML – WHICH MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING??

What I am saying is that you could even write ANY cleartext in this pattern over the first half of the cipher – if you select the correct letters over homophones – but I lack the full solution over the COMPLETE cipher?? And even the first half of the first half does not work out? That simply said.

Because what I see up there is a super NO solution, with respect to your graphic skills..it still could be a hint etc. or I am too stupid to see the rest of the cipher work out? And if there won’t be a full solution…woow…sorry.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:37 am
 Biz
(@biz)
Eminent Member

Here is what I get for the first third (without any corrections) : "I hope you are having lots of fan in trysng to catch me that waint me on the tv show which brsngo up a point about me I am not afraid of the gas chamber because I et will send me to paradlce"

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:53 am
(@dogday)

Amazing work! I’ve been interested in this case since the early 80’s when is was still in high school and really never thought this cipher would be solved…CONGRATULATIONS DAVID AND TEAM! P.s. I’ve listened to you on the podcasts you have been a guest on and you always struck me as incredibly bright.

Posted : December 12, 2020 6:27 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

doranchak – any chance the end should be "i know that my new….life will be an easy one in paradice. life is death."? taking the "life is" at the top of the first line and adding it to the last word "death" makes the initial message clearer and "life is death" makes more sense than just having death at the end.

Yes, I agree…except I think it’s like this:

I am not afraid because my new life will be an easy one in Paradice. Death is Life.

My grandparents headstone reads "Death to Life". Must be a saying somewhere….

Edit: John 5:24

https://www.openbible.info/topics/death_to_life

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : December 12, 2020 6:42 am
daikon
(@daikon)
Estimable Member

BREAKING NEWS

Last weekend, the 340 was solved and submitted to the FBI.

Wow, just wow. I truly believed it couldn’t be solved due to some convoluted path used and the message length being too short. Had to walk away from trying to solve it 5 years ago because it was consuming way too much of my time. Thought about it so many times since then, but was too afraid to dive back in. Turns out both of the observations I discovered (I probably wasn’t the first one to find them though) were significant: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2625
I just couldn’t imagine the weird-ass 9 + 9 + 2 lines split. So in the end, the encoding path wasn’t all that convoluted, just, well, illogical.

Looking at the initial partial solve in the YouTube video, that lead to the correct solution — I would’ve missed it too. Just too many nonsense sequences, I would’ve chucked it. Definitely congrats on being so observant. And persistent. So many years, and it’s finally solved. I have to say, this thing has been bugging me for such a long time, I’m glad I can finally let it go for good. Thank you just for that! 🙂

Posted : December 12, 2020 7:08 am
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

can some one post up the solve using the seqential numeral positions as in its period 19? layout

Posted : December 12, 2020 7:51 am
Page 6 / 14
Share: