Texas Valentine's Day Murders, 1989

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member
Topic starter

An unsolved double murder case in Texas. LE have suspects but aspects of the case remind me of Zodiac. https://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Unsol … 71783.html

North Robinson Drive was bustling with business on Valentine’s Day in 1989, but inside one shop that morning lay two bodies, both victims of brutal murder that remains unsolved nearly three decades later.

City Software co-owner James Monta Tolen, 52, and the company’s secretary, Karey Irene Bowdoin, 33, were found dead inside the business by a customer.

Both were shot execution-style.

The two were last seen alive at around 8:30 a.m. that day, then Robinson police Chief Michael Holder said.

The customer arrived just more than an hour later to pick up a computer, made the gruesome discovery, and called police.

“I need a policeman at City Software,” the man’s voice crackled into the telephone just before 10 a.m.

“What’s it in reference to,” the dispatcher asked the caller.

“I need an ambulance, squad car and a JP. There are two dead carcasses here,” the man said.

“Do you mean people?” the dispatcher asked.

“That’s what the hell I’m calling for,” came the curt reply.

Bowdoin, according to her husband, wasn’t supposed to have gone to work that day, but for some reason went in.

Years later he said he never learned why she changed her plans.

Holder, speaking back in 1989, said when the radio dispatcher first put out the call, he couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

Posted : November 17, 2018 12:44 am
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

Carcasses? Geez!

Posted : November 17, 2018 6:34 am
(@doctors)
Trusted Member

More like the 1-70 killer than Zodiac, I think.

Posted : November 17, 2018 9:11 pm
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member
Topic starter

More like the 1-70 killer than Zodiac, I think.

Just scanned the Wikipedia page on the 1-70. Interesting. The self-reporting to police is very Zodiac-like.

Posted : November 17, 2018 10:11 pm
Share: