Zodiac Discussion Forum

The Northern Califo…

Notifications
Clear all

The Northern California Dog Poisoner (1960 – 2000) and the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murders (1972 – 1973)

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
BDHolland
(@peaceandlove)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

It is quite likely there will be poisonings and even murders in this series that are not our guy, but I think he is still there mostly.

I once wrote a Chapter one time called “Who Let the Dog’s Out”. It was no longer available for awhile but I put it up here.

It had to do with dogs and serial killers. BTK and dogs. VREARONS and dogs.

Some people laughed and mocked this. What has that got to do with anything Zodiac they asked?

I couldn’t answer at the time, just that it seemed to be a theme with these killers.

The Northern California Dog Poisoner was extremely prolific. This is not an inference based on all dog poisonings, but based just on the ones that seem to be connected. If we include everything it is even bigger.

Now I think I have found something very interesting. Carolyn Davis was poisoned with a controlled substance and it seems the stuff was given out for golf course pests.

He didn’t know how much poison he would need to kill a human. The dogs were all given well over the lethal dosage, enough to kill a child. He was expecting a child to be poisoned but the papers revealed to him what the lethal dose for a human would be on the 20th April 1973.

Carolyn Davis disappeared on July 15th, 1973.

For those that are worried about the problem of de-escalation into murdering dogs, this has long been documented by the activities of Joseph James DeAngelo who killed dogs to access targets and would kick them on his motorbike while driving by, but it is Dennis Rader who became a dog catcher and terminated people’s dogs who he was stalking and probably some who were not, that shows it can happen. He even shot a dog in front of owners and their kids. Another woman he stalked left after he told her that her dog broke out and had to be euthanized. Lucky she moved away. She was a target.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/LegalCenter/story?id=535740&page=1 has the dog shooting incident.

Weekend attacks are mentioned, Fri to Sun here. A Zodiac theme.

Napa 1974

Note proximity to Jnr College.

When we look more we eventually hit on the sinister phone calls the killer is making.

Another user pointed out to me that Nam Tactics means probably AGENT ORANGE. Maybe there is a double-meaning of agent there.

Many of the poisoned dogs apparently involved women living alone. There are letters of complaints about it and one or two that look very interesting from our perspective here. When they called the Sheriff’s department many of them were rebuffed. They complain about this in the letters.

This is quite obviously the same m.o. as Joseph James DeAngelo and Dennis Rader. Dogs make noise, alert people nearby and so need to be removed from the equation. Typical stalking and pro-actively preparing an area for peeping without distraction.

It also happened in Oceanside. Someone tried to take out a whole residential area of dogs.

At least some of SRHM crimes are probably the same guy as this Northern California strychnine dog poisoner who is probably the Zodiac and all the rest.

Confidence is what closes those circles down. Confidence to not need to go out so far anymore. Confidence that they can still return there if they wish. Confidence because it is who they are that let’s them walk around looking like the Zodiac composite all day long and getting away with it. Mr. Nice Guy. So ultra nice that he overcompensates going above and beyond what is needed to keep the Mr. Nice Guy image intact. That will stand out if we ever identify him. That and his love of puns and double-meanings, all day long.

Here is an early attack in December of 1968

Next is an example of an early 1960 attack.

There are quite a few of these in the early 1960s.

and then we have the letters to editors through the series.

www.zodiachalloweencard.com has a 400 paged book for free containing the super solution with an overarching explanation of the cards and more.

Posted : August 7, 2021 9:11 am
BDHolland
(@peaceandlove)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Is this Zodiac?

www.zodiachalloweencard.com has a 400 paged book for free containing the super solution with an overarching explanation of the cards and more.

Posted : August 7, 2021 3:36 pm
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

Leonard Lake committed suicide by cyanide poisoning. A sadistic killer with knowledge of poisons who was active in northern California.

Posted : August 7, 2021 10:09 pm
BDHolland
(@peaceandlove)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Posted by: @jacob

Leonard Lake committed suicide by cyanide poisoning. A sadistic killer with knowledge of poisons who was active in northern California.

It would be absolutely mind boggling if a known serial killer was actually responsible for the lot and even more so if also the Zodiac. Good call on Lake and Ng. I can’t bring myself to read much on those torturer types. Worst of the lot. I think most likely these more well known ones have probably been gone over with a fine tooth comb for the crimes and investigators drawn a blank.

I once found Richard Wade Farley on death row and was asked if he is the Zodiac why doesn’t he make some deal to improve his conditions? I don’t have an answer to that one. Apparently Ng is in San Quentin still.

Posted : August 7, 2021 11:36 pm
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

@bdholland Leonard Lake seems like a decent candidate for the Santa Rosa murders. They were sadistic killings and the use of poison is unusual. Not sure about Lake for Zodiac but there has been speculation on other sites that readers can find if interested, with some interesting parallels. Warning, Lake and Ng’s crimes are extremely gruesome.

Posted : August 8, 2021 2:41 pm
Share: