two unidentified females in San Mateo 1976

15 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Looking for something else in the San Mateo Times, I came across these two unidentified women found in San Mateo County in 1976.
I tried to search if they ever got a name on either one, but couldn’t find anything beyond the two articles for each.
Note the first they treated as a suicide as per the second article.

Maybe someone will find interest/use in these…

The first was found in February 1976:

The second in November of 1976:

Posted : August 12, 2013 8:02 am
(@kirkham68)
Trusted Member

Maybe you could find more articles archived in the Half moon Bay Review or Pacifica Tribune.

Posted : August 12, 2013 10:55 pm
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Maybe you could find more articles archived in the Half moon Bay Review or Pacifica Tribune.

if they had access back that far online, I’d love to…

Posted : August 13, 2013 1:22 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Lynn Ruth Connes or Sherry Elizabeth Roach…

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : August 13, 2013 2:23 am
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Lynn Ruth Connes or Sherry Elizabeth Roach…

Thanks QT! I figured you’d have some ideas ;)

I like Roach for it. Doesn’t totally fit the physical description, but close.

Connes is a stretch with the hair/eye colors being a mismatch and being even smaller than Roach.

Posted : August 13, 2013 7:56 am
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Lynn Ruth Connes "missing" clip:

Posted : August 13, 2013 8:04 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Both are not listed in NamUS, are they? So they either don’t know about it or those cases have been solved.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : August 15, 2013 9:30 am
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

"You are correct, sir!" (Ed McMahon voice)

Posted : August 17, 2013 5:33 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Rethinking about those two bodies..imo Roach is also not the correct one, as officials got fingerprints from the Jane Doe and those wouldn’t last 5 months in the sea..both bodies actually were quite ‘fresh’ when found.

A very good match for the Feb 1976 body:

Margarita McNeill
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11585/3/
Weight, hair color and eye color is a match although heigth differs slightly. She was last seen on Feb 07, which is actually the day mentioned in the article for the Jane Doe as well. Furthermore she was last seen in Salinas, not too far away on the West Coast.
Overall I do think she is a solid match for the first body and did I already report it to NamUs.

Margarita McNeill:
Date missing – 7th Feb 1976
Hair color – Light brown
Hair length – Short
Eyes color – brown
Height – 5‘2‘‘
Weight – 125 lbs.
Age – 27

Jane Doe:
Date of death est. – 7th Feb 1976
Hair color – Brown
Hair length – Short
Eyes color – Brown
Height – 5‘6‘‘
Weight – 130 lbs.
Age – 24

Only height differs a bit, but still in sort of a 5% range (it’s possible that her relatives didn’t know about her precise height).

The second body I got no idea at all, possibly she never had been reported missing (at least to the NamUs database…maybe somewhere in the archives of a police station..).

UPDATE:
The second body could be Jacqueline ‘Jackie’ Cooper (similar height, weight, hair & eye color), but the clothing and age is somehow differing…she went missing about 8 days earlier.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : August 18, 2013 4:29 pm
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Cool QT.

The first article is Feb 17, and the second 18, btw.

BTW, doesn’t the first article say there was a bullet wound. And then second article sez it was a suicide?

Posted : August 19, 2013 7:58 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Cool QT.

The first article is Feb 17, and the second 18, btw.

BTW, doesn’t the first article say there was a bullet wound. And then second article sez it was a suicide?

Thanks..I liked this match a lot after all that hours spending ;). Yes the bullet wound seems to be modified into suicide..police work of the Seventies, I guess.

This might have been the second body:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/cooper_jaqueline.html

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : August 19, 2013 12:09 pm
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

is "hazel" more green? She’s a good fit otherwise.

Never heard of Toliver. Here’s another of Toliver’s possible victims:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/watkins_mary.html

I found a few more "unidentifieds" just looking at the San Mateo Times thru the 70s. I’ll throw a few more out at you ;)

Posted : August 20, 2013 5:27 am
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Here’s a few more. I looked around a bit more to see if I could find the papers confirming any identification, but no luck.

First, found in Sacramento, published in SMT Sep 2, 1977:

Here’s Stinson Beach, in Marin County, from May 24, 1977:

(note they also mention a second woman).

This one’s from the Progress Bulletin in San Dimas, (Southern) CA from May 25, 1970. It seems like others we’ve seen (not exactly like Robin Graham, but same year, etc.). Note that "oriental" is not the preferred nomenclature, Dude:

This is the Ukiah Daily Journal from July 2 1970. Caspar is a tiny city in Mendocino County, (Northern) CA.

enjoy!

Posted : August 20, 2013 6:24 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Rethinking about those two bodies..imo Roach is also not the correct one, as officials got fingerprints from the Jane Doe and those wouldn’t last 5 months in the sea..both bodies actually were quite ‘fresh’ when found.

A very good match for the Feb 1976 body:

Margarita McNeill
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11585/3/
Weight, hair color and eye color is a match although heigth differs slightly. She was last seen on Feb 07, which is actually the day mentioned in the article for the Jane Doe as well. Furthermore she was last seen in Salinas, not too far away on the West Coast.
Overall I do think she is a solid match for the first body and did I already report it to NamUs.

Margarita McNeill:
Date missing – 7th Feb 1976
Hair color – Light brown
Hair length – Short
Eyes color – brown
Height – 5‘2‘‘
Weight – 125 lbs.
Age – 27

Jane Doe:
Date of death est. – 7th Feb 1976
Hair color – Brown
Hair length – Short
Eyes color – Brown
Height – 5‘6‘‘
Weight – 130 lbs.
Age – 24

Only height differs a bit, but still in sort of a 5% range (it’s possible that her relatives didn’t know about her precise height).

The second body I got no idea at all, possibly she never had been reported missing (at least to the NamUs database…maybe somewhere in the archives of a police station..).

UPDATE:
The second body could be Jacqueline ‘Jackie’ Cooper (similar height, weight, hair & eye color), but the clothing and age is somehow differing…she went missing about 8 days earlier.

QT

NamUS today responded that they will work on getting the UP case into NamUS (database) as well as looking into the possible match.’

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : August 20, 2013 11:43 am
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Cool QT! Let me know how that progresses!

check out the new ones I posted above.

EDITED by Trav. Last line amended to remove reported language. Nothing serious. :)

Posted : August 23, 2013 6:29 am
Share: