What happened to Lynn Luray? Aug. 17, 1964 – Long Beach,CA

91 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
15.3 K Views
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

I did some reading on Walker last night. Very interesting stuff. Unfortunately I don’t have a fax for you to send a photo of Mower. I have email if you could send it that way? Yeah, he was arrested for masturbation in a public bathroom. I think an undercover cop came in and Mower offered him oral sex for money and the guy refused but Mower whipped it out and and started… well, you get the picture. Yuck! All that is in his FBI files. A photo was the only thing I have been unable to find. Is the photo you found posted online anywhere?

A few minutes ago on a toilet not very far, far away….

Posted : May 30, 2016 6:49 am
Keith D. Gilbert
(@keith-d-gilbert)
Trusted Member

I don’t know whether it’s posted on line anywhere or not…I haven’t been able to find it if it is. As a thought, you might contact the "St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 316 East 24th Ave. (at Grand), Spokane, WA 99203; or, the same church at; 3 West Elcliff Ave. Spokane, WA 99218 and ask them for a copy of the "Professional Pastorial Counceling" flyer that he put out; his old e-mail address was: dpmower@aol.com and I keep wondering whether he left a will and estate, there might be personal papers and such.

Also: Lisa Wogan, 8917 32nd Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98115

She is the investigative reporter that was looking for Lisa Luray…she was very interested and polite with me. Lynn Luray had a sister named Barbara Luray, now Buchanan and a brothers Pat and Chris and they had a family cabin in the Sierras. I believe you can also find Lisa Wogan on Facebook…listed as an investigative reporter in Seattle (Seattle Times Newspaper maybe). If she still has them she has permission to share all of my notes and letters with you…nothing confidential in any of it. Lisa Wogan found a lot about both Lisa and Joe…Joe Carey had a wife name Katie that worked at the Tallyrand Resturant in Burbank, CA. I ate there frequently.

I just read over the letter that Lisa Wogan sent me, in it she said that she had additional copies of the flyer with Mower’s picture, she just might send you one if you ask.

Mower liked to mentor anyone he thought he could influence…he was also in a homosexual relation the last time I saw him back in the 1970’s…if Mower was no longer to fulfill physical acts as the Zodiac…it would be just like him to try to influence someone else to help him fulfill his fantasy…just a thought mind you…I still think he’s your Z. KDG, Esq.

No Shame, No Regrets, and No Apologies: Duty is Action; Fight or Die! Fight of I’ll Kill You Myself!

Posted : May 30, 2016 7:18 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

I don’t know whether it’s posted on line anywhere or not…I haven’t been able to find it if it is. As a thought, you might contact the "St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 316 East 24th Ave. (at Grand), Spokane, WA 99203; or, the same church at; 3 West Elcliff Ave. Spokane, WA 99218 and ask them for a copy of the "Professional Pastorial Counceling" flyer that he put out; his old e-mail address was: dpmower@aol.com and I keep wondering whether he left a will and estate, there might be personal papers and such.

Also: Lisa Wogan, 8917 32nd Ave. NE, Seattle, WA 98115

She is the investigative reporter that was looking for Lisa Luray…she was very interested and polite with me. Lynn Luray had a sister named Barbara Luray, now Buchanan and a brothers Pat and Chris and they had a family cabin in the Sierras. I believe you can also find Lisa Wogan on Facebook…listed as an investigative reporter in Seattle (Seattle Times Newspaper maybe). If she still has them she has permission to share all of my notes and letters with you…nothing confidential in any of it. Lisa Wogan found a lot about both Lisa and Joe…Joe Carey had a wife name Katie that worked at the Tallyrand Resturant in Burbank, CA. I ate there frequently.

I just read over the letter that Lisa Wogan sent me, in it she said that she had additional copies of the flyer with Mower’s picture, she just might send you one if you ask.

Mower liked to mentor anyone he thought he could influence…he was also in a homosexual relation the last time I saw him back in the 1970’s…if Mower was no longer to fulfill physical acts as the Zodiac…it would be just like him to try to influence someone else to help him fulfill his fantasy…just a thought mind you…I still think he’s your Z. KDG, Esq.

Thanks, I will try to reach Lisa as well as St. Mark’s Church. I doubt Mower had anything to leave behind. He moved around a lot and mostly lived in apartments. Seems as though he made very little money and I think he was receiving funds from the government, in some form, later in life.

Posted : May 30, 2016 9:47 am
Keith D. Gilbert
(@keith-d-gilbert)
Trusted Member

I believe it was Lisa that told me that Mower had bought a house in Spokane…he was probably living on SSI Disability…since I don’t know that he ever worked a job and paid SS I’m not sure. He, Mower, was always a bit overweight and never ate well. Here are a couple of names of my old MM team members, maybe they’ll show up. Paul Hunt, Brett Jackson, Jeanne Jackson, Clyde Young…there is another Brent Jackson I remember his first name…Jeanne Jackson sold real-estate, moved up to Ukiah, CA, before I was released from San Quentin…her sons had some legal troubles of their own, whole family was trustworthy and solid, not the kind of folks the ‘psychopaths’ could or would recruit…all of them studied and practiced "patrolling" with me in Griffith Park (LA, CA) after it closed at 10:00 p.m. Some funny stories there…later. KDG, Esq.

No Shame, No Regrets, and No Apologies: Duty is Action; Fight or Die! Fight of I’ll Kill You Myself!

Posted : May 30, 2016 11:57 pm
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

I think you gave me those names plus some others months ago. I think I found some interesting things on Clyde Young, but I can’t remember for sure. Did Mower have a crew cut and/or widow’s peak?

Posted : May 31, 2016 6:33 am
Keith D. Gilbert
(@keith-d-gilbert)
Trusted Member

Crew cut, chomo smile! Last time I saw Clyde Young was when I was getting ready to run for Canada and drove past his house just as the cops were taking a 50mm Russian mortar out the front door…we just kept going. (Yes, I know it was a 50 mm Russian mortar because I sold it to him.) KDG, Esq.

Posted : May 31, 2016 6:38 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

Maybe that is why Clyde’s name stuck out to me. I am looking through my site and don’t see his name mentioned anywhere so I must not have posted anything about him. Does the name William Francis Colley ring a bell? He was a Minutemen leader in SoCal before Troy Houghton took over from what I understand. I guess there was some big dispute between the two as to who would lead the Minutemen in California, and Houghton won. I guess they had drawn guns on each other but some other members stepped in and broke it up. Colley went on to have a pretty long police record.

Posted : May 31, 2016 6:59 am
Keith D. Gilbert
(@keith-d-gilbert)
Trusted Member

I’ve definitely heard William Francis Colley’s name…a very long time ago, don’t know off hand whether we ever met or not. I had almost nothing to do with Houghton, saw Mower a lot because going to Wesley Swift’s meetings to sell weapons and ammunition was part of my regular routine…should have followed my first instincts about him. (should! Just another place to loose from.) KDG, Esq.

Posted : May 31, 2016 7:04 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

I kinda hit a brick wall with my Mower research, but I was just thinking… I am pretty sure I found a newspaper article a while back that mentioned Lynn Luray missing and that she may have been with Carey. I’m not 100% sure about that, but I will look and see.

Posted : May 31, 2016 7:24 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

Here we go. Galaxie 500 posted this on my site back in March….

From the Kannapolis Daily Independent, January 5, 1966:

JOSEPH RAYMOND CAREY is being sought by the FBI for bail jumping. He was arrested in Burbank, Calif., on June 6, 1964, on suspicion of burglary. He was reportedly found to have an automatic rifle in his possession and was indicted on July 6, 1964, by a Federal Grand Jury in Los Angeles on a charge of unlawfully receiving and possessing a firearm. Carey posted $250 bond and was ordered to appear in court on August 8, 1964, for trial. He allegedly failed to appear and has not been located since. Also known as Joseph Raymond Sargent Jones (true name) and Joe Raymond Carey, the wanted man’s occupations are aircraft assembler, aircraft, automobile and marine mechanic, electrician, stockman and theater usher. Carey may be accompanied by another armed and dangerous, wanted fugitive, as well as a 16-year-old runaway girl. He reportedly takes an avid Interest in extremist political and religious movements and reportedly has been closely associated with such groups in the past. Previously arrested in possession of an automatic rifle, other weapons and a large amount of ammunition, Carey reportedly has carried a weapon in a shoulder holster. He should be considered armed and extremely dangerous. DESCRIPTION: Age, 31; Born, San Antonio, Texas; Height, 5 feet, 8 inches; Weight, 150; Build, medium; Hair, brown; Eyes, blue; Complexion, light. Has scar on upper lip, scar on right side, scar on left knee; tattoo, "Joe" on left shoulder. Reportedly has suffered from ulcers and severe headaches. INFORMATION concerning fugitive should be telephoned to the nearest FBI office.

Posted : May 31, 2016 7:27 am
Keith D. Gilbert
(@keith-d-gilbert)
Trusted Member

I’m probably the other ‘armed and dangerous, wanted fugitive, and suspect this story was planted by either Mower or Paul Hunt. KDG, Esq.

Posted : May 31, 2016 7:42 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

Posted : May 31, 2016 9:08 am
Keith D. Gilbert
(@keith-d-gilbert)
Trusted Member

Yep, that’s the Joseph Ray Carey that I knew.

I have wondered whether Lynn Luray could have been Z’s first female victim?

KDG, Esq.

Posted : May 31, 2016 10:48 pm
Keith D. Gilbert
(@keith-d-gilbert)
Trusted Member

I’ve been having some fun writing a fictional apocalyptical story over at another site…got shamed into it after making pithy comments about a couple of fairly good stories that another writer was working up…anyone interested is welcome to join me if they are interested in such things…I rely a lot on my own past experience to bring out a lot of ‘interesting’ detail:
https://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/ … ost-428890

Hope this isn’t something that is prohibited here. anyway, enjoy. KDG, Esq.

Posted : June 1, 2016 2:06 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

I’ve been having some fun writing a fictional apocalyptical story over at another site…got shamed into it after making pithy comments about a couple of fairly good stories that another writer was working up…anyone interested is welcome to join me if they are interested in such things…I rely a lot on my own past experience to bring out a lot of ‘interesting’ detail:
https://www.survivalmonkey.com/threads/ … ost-428890

Hope this isn’t something that is prohibited here. anyway, enjoy. KDG, Esq.

You really should write a book about your experiences. I’d buy a copy, that’s for sure!

Posted : June 1, 2016 6:54 am
Page 3 / 7
Share: