Zodiac Discussion Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Gyke is back on top for me…tell me why not?

27 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
Randy
(@randytybalt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I’ve been studying Zodiac’s letters and RG’s printing in the Good Times paper and I’m finding it really hard not to exclude him as the writer of Z’s letters. I know the main issue that cleared RG is he allegedly was out of the country during the first murders. For me, I think was easier to disappear back in 1969 and leave little or no paper trail, so I’m not real positive he didn’t lie about the time he was overseas.

That being said, are there any other types of evidence that can exclude Gyke??? Please let me know. Thanks for your time.

Posted : January 6, 2021 7:19 pm
 egg
(@egg)
Estimable Member

We have no proof one person did all the murders. Each attack should be investigated independently. They really screwed up how they approached this case.

Posted : January 6, 2021 10:16 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

I’ve been studying Zodiac’s letters and RG’s printing in the Good Times paper…

What printing?

Posted : January 7, 2021 5:16 am
Randy
(@randytybalt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I’ve been studying Zodiac’s letters and RG’s printing in the Good Times paper…

What printing?

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=367

Posted : January 7, 2021 8:21 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

It’s not known who wrote those items.

Posted : January 7, 2021 11:32 pm
 drew
(@drew)
Estimable Member

Gaikowski’s biggest blunder in terms of a paper trail was the news article he plagiarized for his travel alibi.

Posted : January 8, 2021 1:17 am
Randy
(@randytybalt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I also find it interesting that one of his friends stated Gyke got into some heavy psychoanalysis using the Karl Jung method. Jung first stated we were "masks" in society to hide the real person inside.

Posted : January 8, 2021 8:15 pm
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

He was in Ireland for LHR. And even if not, there’s no evidence he was in California. Confirmed by newspaper and by letter from someone at a commune that he was at before moving to California.

That said, I get why people think it might be him. A lot of intriguing circumstantial evidence.

Posted : January 10, 2021 10:42 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

He was in Ireland for LHR. And even if not, there’s no evidence he was in California. Confirmed by newspaper and by letter from someone at a commune that he was at before moving to California.

I checked and it’s not April 1st. So I have no idea why you would present such foolishness.

Posted : January 10, 2021 10:52 pm
 drew
(@drew)
Estimable Member

The people actually involved in those events in Ireland in 1969 don’t recall any American reporters on the scene, and they don’t believe Richard ever visited Ireland at all. Eddie’s research and subsequent report sums up all of this nicely.

Posted : January 12, 2021 1:43 am
Randy
(@randytybalt)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Recently I have been searching the internet for more pictures of Gyke. I seem to recall Kathleen Johns saying her abductor had an acne scar on the lower right of his face, by his chin. Looking at Gyke’s passport application photo, it seems to me I can see some kind of blemish in that area.

Secondly, looking at the famous Zodiac Wanted poster, I have noticed on the right side picture (the one Fouke added details to the original), the cheek creases are the same as Gyke’s in later photos taken in the 90s and 80s with better resolution/grain.

There’s got to be more info on Richard somewhere. Does the Roxy Theater still exist in SF? I wonder if there are any clues there.

Also, why the heck would an online account come back to Gyke’s email address with a name of "Jake Herman"??? Did someone make that up??? Is it legit? He’s gotta be the Zodiac. I don’t want to hear he was out of the country at the time of the Lake Herman murders. If I was a cop, I’d say PROVE IT. No one can. It’s like it’s from the movie American Psycho — Patrick Bateman didn’t kill Paul Allen because someone saw him in London the day of the murder. Except he WASN’T.

Posted : January 20, 2021 6:54 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Secondly, looking at the famous Zodiac Wanted poster, I have noticed on the right side picture (the one Fouke added details to the original), the cheek creases are the same as Gyke’s in later photos taken in the 90s and 80s with better resolution/grain.

Fouke didn’t contribute to that poster. In fact he didn’t even come forward with his encounter until both sketches had been circulated for a few weeks.
https://zodiackiller.com/FoukeReport.html

Posted : January 20, 2021 7:53 am
(@dont_lick_it)
Eminent Member

That said, I get why people think it might be him. A lot of intriguing circumstantial evidence.

There is no concrete evidence that he was in Ireland actually.

He is very strong candiadate but what doesnt suit me in Gaik as Zadiac is his homosexuality.

Posted : January 20, 2021 9:41 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

He is very strong candiadate but what doesnt suit me in Gaik as Zadiac is his homosexuality.

Gaikowski didn’t come out as homosexual until the end of 1969. Until then he lived as a straight man and dated numerous women.

Posted : January 20, 2021 10:28 pm
(@dont_lick_it)
Eminent Member

Gaikowski didn’t come out as homosexual until the end of 1969. Until then he lived as a straight man and dated numerous women.

I dont understand

Posted : January 21, 2021 12:53 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: