37 Min's of original Zodiac footage from 1969

13 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Welsh Chappie
(@welsh-chappie)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Just came across this 37 min clip on youtube that was only uploaded two weeks ago of original footage from the Zodiac case. A lot of it there has no sound but there is quite a lot of archive footage. One thing I would ask any one member to do please. At the very end (Fast Forward to 35:15) there Is a clip showing some items and shows two men discussing the items. What have these items? Who are the two men talking? What have the men or the items got to to do with Zodiac? Here is the link…

http://youtu.be/K59zZq0rMks

"So it’s sorta social. Demented and sad, but social, right?" Judd Nelson.

Posted : August 7, 2013 7:11 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Yes I found that clip last night as well and noticed those ‘items’. Got distracted by something else though. Not sure what they are but I’m wondering if they are related to the Domingos/Edwards case?

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : August 7, 2013 7:56 am
Welsh Chappie
(@welsh-chappie)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Don’t start me off now, I think everyone one is Zodiac lately and that one guy is pretty stocky looking and is wearing a pair of Horn Rimmed specs. This case and it’s antagonist have pissed me off today what with him still remaining Crack Proof.

But i’ve had an idea how to trick myself into a false sense of security.

Up till now I have been going along with society’s ‘innocent until proven’ guilty’ n regards to Zodiac which means strong physical evidence would need to surface such as a print or DNA match for suspect to be proven guilty. Today I have had a revelation (lol). From now on I am going to assume that everybody is the Zodiac until they prove to me otherwise. :-)

Posted : August 7, 2013 9:09 am
ace ventura
(@ace-ventura)
Honorable Member

It’s not new ,just a new guy dubbling and posting I saw it 1-2 years ago when it was buried in the back ,maybe it is a slightly longer version with some boring filler really or he added footage . the interesting part to me was Hartnell saying "I do not wish any thing bad to this guy " I guessing he is scared to death of Z I think I would have moved and changed my name .

Posted : August 7, 2013 7:17 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

I would guess Ace that Bryan’s faith and belief and as such, his viewpoint we’re probably the strong factors in that statement.

Posted : August 7, 2013 7:29 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

The person in the horned rimmed glasses beginning at 35:15 talking about the gas can, rope, flag and portion of a duffle bag is Napa County Sheriff Earl Randol. Those items were apparently among the things found near the LB crime scene.

The one very interesting item he is speaking about is the half a duffle bag found. The half that LE found was stenciled with ES. F. Camicia and was thought to have belonged to someone in the Army or Marines. This has been discussed years ago at one of Tom’s old forums. It was opined that perhaps the missing half of the duffle bag was used to create Zodiac’s hood used at LB. It’s sturdy canvas material would have allowed the hood to stand up above the wearer’s head as described by Bryan.

Here’s some pix of Earl Randol, one without glasses but looking about the same age as in the video and the other with glasses, though not the horned rims, taken after his retirement. The pictures are from "Images of America Napa County Police" by Todd Shulman.

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : August 7, 2013 8:17 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Ahhh thanks Deb.

Something about that sounds familiar. I think it was the name on the bag. Must have seen it mentioned a few years back on ZKF. Certainly curious that there was a rope and a gas can (by rope, by fire). Not so sure on the bag as the hood idea, material wise yes but why bring the unused part and then leave it there.

The can looked pretty beat up, anyone else think that? Like it was dumped there for some time and had corroded?

Do we know what kind of bag it was? I mean what shape, could it have been like a tall kit bag with an opening at the top, more suited to a quick head covering as opposed to a long kit bag or sports bag shape as we would think of it today? Oh and was it black?

Posted : August 7, 2013 8:30 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

The film clip says that the half of bag found was olive drab, the basic Army and Marines color. The clip called it a specific type of bag which I couldn’t make out, sounded like marriage bag to me which I know isn’t correct. I figure it was a type of duffle bag used by soldiers to pack all of their belongings in while on the move. They were a cylinder shape as far as I remember.

What I found to be of interest was the possibility that a canvas bag could have been used as the basis for a hood which would stand erect and not become droopy. A bag that was rectangular or square not round.

Posted : August 8, 2013 12:26 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

The person in the horned rimmed glasses beginning at 35:15 talking about the gas can, rope, flag and portion of a duffle bag is Napa County Sheriff Earl Randol. Those items were apparently among the things found near the LB crime scene.

The one very interesting item he is speaking about is the half a duffle bag found. The half that LE found was stenciled with ES. F. Camicia and was thought to have belonged to someone in the Army or Marines. This has been discussed years ago at one of Tom’s old forums. It was opined that perhaps the missing half of the duffle bag was used to create Zodiac’s hood used at LB. It’s sturdy canvas material would have allowed the hood to stand up above the wearer’s head as described by Bryan.Here’s some pix of Earl Randol, one without glasses but looking about the same age as in the video and the other with glasses, though not the horned rims, taken after his retirement. The pictures are from "Images of America Napa County Police" by Todd Shulman.

The dufflebag (AND the flag, the rope and the two-gallon galvanized fuel can containing gas or mixture of gasoline and oil, showed in the youtube video) was connected to the murder of 20 year old Linda Christine Kanes.

The half dufflebag/barracksack was stensiled: ESF CAMICIA U (or USS) 772999

Lynda (In newsreports somtimes spelled Linda) Christine Kanes was a student at Pacific Union College, and disappeared Feb 26, 1971 on her way to a par-time job as a waitress at the Meadowood Country Club near St. Helena.

There are threads on this murder on Zodiackiller.com probably also on this forums old forum.

A 57 year old black man named Walter Boyd Williams, nicknamed "Willie the Woodcutter" was convicted of the murder but there are doubt that he was the real killer, I personaly odn´t belive Walter Boyd Williams was the killer.

California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Lynda C Kanes
Name: Lynda C Kanes
Social Security #: 564863704
Sex: Female
Birth Date: 22 Feb 1951
Birthplace: California (Madera)
Death Date: 26 Feb 1971
Death Place: Napa

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : August 8, 2013 1:07 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Thank you TF!!! That makes perfect sense because all of those items were mentioned in articles about Lynda Kanes. You have a good memory.

The Linda Kanes thread is here-

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=383

I will add the detective magazine article I have on her murder as it sums up the entire murder, arrest and conviction.

Posted : August 8, 2013 1:17 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

Thank you TF!!! That makes perfect sense because all of those items were mentioned in articles about Lynda Kanes. You have a good memory.

The Linda Kanes thread is here-

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=383

I will add the detective magazine article I have on her murder as it sums up the entire murder, arrest and conviction.

Your welcome and thank you:)

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : August 8, 2013 5:39 am
Welsh Chappie
(@welsh-chappie)
Noble Member
Topic starter

The one very interesting item he is speaking about is the half a duffle bag found. The half that LE found was stenciled with ES. F. Camicia and was thought to have belonged to someone in the Army or Marines. This has been discussed years ago at one of Tom’s old forums. It was opined that perhaps the missing half of the duffle bag was used to create Zodiac’s hood used at LB. It’s sturdy canvas material would have allowed the hood to stand up above the wearer’s head as described by Bryan.

Here’s some pix of Earl Randol, one without glasses but looking about the same age as in the video and the other with glasses, though not the horned rims, taken after his retirement. The pictures are from "Images of America Napa County Police" by Todd Shulman.

Thank you seagull for answering who the guy is and why the items he had were significant. Very much appreciated. :-)

Posted : August 9, 2013 9:35 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Your welcome WC. I was really only half right because as The Foreigner rightly pointed out the gas can, flag and rope were from the Lynda Kanes case. The school bus in the video was most definitely to do with Zodiac which is what threw me! For sure that is Sheriff Randol though.

Posted : August 10, 2013 12:00 am
Share: