Notifications
Clear all

Robert Tarbox's claim "zodiac" was a Merchant Marine E 1970s

32 Posts
22 Users
0 Reactions
(@monarch)
Reputable Member

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/natlaging-lawyer-claims-to-know-zodiacs-identity/1856405/

This article is very interesting, It makes me think there is a very high possibility that Zodiac was a merchant
marine.

Does anyone know if the 1968/69 Vallejo phone book listed occupation in the listings ? (as many did back then)
It would seem very few people in the Vallejo population would have been employed as merchant marines ’68/69.

Posted : February 27, 2021 10:54 pm
(@capricorn)
Honorable Member

Was it possible to obtain a "Z" card by simply applying and paying a nominal fee? No need to have gone to the Merchant Marine Academy (in other words almost anyone could get one)?

I ask after recalling long-ago conversations with my boyfriend (poi) and think he may have told me this. I don’t remember if he said he’d had one or thought about getting one. He said he’d never been in the service as he wore glasses and was an only child as well as "being too smart." He did say he’d have joined the Navy or the Coastguard because of his Scandanavian/Scottish descent and because of his last name, he had to be around water.

Posted : February 28, 2021 12:41 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: