Clear all

340 idea, looking for best way to test

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@bigbuckdownnc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I am not implying this is the solution but I am looking for input on how to test without printing 50 copies of the 340. :)

The idea is simple. Did Z predesignate certain letters of the alphabet that could be distributed over symbols within the Z340 at specific locations. Maybe the more talented guys could weigh-in but I imagine this could create confusion when trying to solve by using conventional methods?

For example, since I’ve been writing, the first letter in each line is a I, T, Z, W, and F.

I could then create a cipher that is broken into two parts. One part that allows you to allocate letters to specific symbols by using the first letter in each line. Kind of like creating a cheat sheet within the cipher. Then the other part that provides an actual message. Using the first letter in each line, could also explain some of the weird spacing in his letters because he would need to stretch out his sentences in some cases.

Here’s how I came up with the idea. I’ve always wondered if the backwards k in row 6 is a mistake or a starting point? Z mails the dripping pen card and the word Thing is followed by 6 explanation points and is underlined 6 times. If you start in the top right of the 340 and come over 6 columns and down 6 rows, you fall on the so called mistake/backwards K.

Then Z breaks structure in the dripping pen letter and writes a downward message off to the right.. Within the message, are blotchy ink patterns that seem deliberate. In the 340, a similar pattern can be found in the right portion of the cipher.

Below is my area of interest. I would be curious to know if any pasts test on the 340 support any structure in this area? I will explain the numbers next.

While looking over the Z letters I started counting the lines of the letters that followed his ciphers. After Z sends the dripping pen letter, all the lines in his letters are in groups of 11. Also, written in the dripping pen letter was the months July, August, September, October and December. The missing month is the 11th month of November. So the question is, did Z designate certain letters that could be allocated in rows that contain 11 symbols? See below, first letter of each line.

Posted : May 22, 2017 5:09 am
(@bigbuckdownnc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted : May 22, 2017 5:12 am
(@bigbuckdownnc)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

He does the same with the Belli Letter.

So the next question is where to allocate the letters? Like I said, I haven’t tested and have no idea if this is accurate but it seems logical to some degree. :) At the end of the bomb letter, he provides the Z symbol with X’s. Within the bomb letter and the Belli letter are exactly 5 groups of 11 lines that could be allocated to symbols. So in theory, you would allocate each letter to rows 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

If any one is interested in me posting. Z changes it up after he sends the next cipher with the map. Every letter that follows is in groups of 13. The most interesting letter to look at is the first page of the little list letter. On this page he uses the + sign for the word "and." However off to the left, he rights the word and. I find this interesting assuming the first letter of each line could have a meaning.

Who knows? I thought maybe a little creative thinking combined with the some of the talented cipher guys could be worth pursuing.

Posted : May 22, 2017 5:28 am
Share: