340 – Repeated Patterns (basics)

33 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Interesting Zambac…I’m taking a closer look.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : September 27, 2013 9:30 pm
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

I created this a while ago, but still feel as if there are some I am missing. If anyone notices anything, please let me know.

Rectangles: 3 symbols used twice
Ovals: 2 symbols used 3 times
Rectangles (sm): 2 symbols used 10 times

original viz zk.com

Hi,

I apologize if this has been said somewhere already (probably has), but what I find curious is that the matching pairs seem to be generally distributed in very nearby columns. There some couple exceptions, of course.

I am imagining line 17 to be "adjacent" to line 1, as would be the case if the cipher were on a roll with each of the 20 lines forming a circle.

FWIW,

G

Posted : September 27, 2013 10:30 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

–I had these in my posts at the ZodiacKiller.com mb, so just adding them here too.
http://zodiackiller.fr.yuku.com/topic/4 … gbD0_lVhBe

When looking at the three-part symbols that matched (IOF) and them being perfectly lined-up from top to bottom, I noticed they were exactly 8 lines apart. This reminded me of the three-part cipher as it was (in sections) 8 tall and 17 wide. Could this mean anything?

Also, there are three lines that have no repeating patterns at all. Not that this means anything, but thought maybe these could be filler lines or something? If you minus these three lines you are left with 17 rows. 17 across, 17 down.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : September 26, 2015 8:30 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: