408 coincidences

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Marclean
(@marcelo-leandro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I watched these two coincidences in cipher 408 (solved), the letter L (twelfth in the alphabet), occurs 33 times, and the letter R (Eighteenth in the alphabet), occurs 19 times, again the date of birth of the primary suspect…. . Already in 340, total symbols for construction are 63, which is the sum of 12,18 and 33 (in this case there are several ways to reach the same value), as in the case of 408, what a coincidence huh!??

https://zodiacode1933.blogspot.com/

Posted : February 22, 2014 1:27 am
(@entropy)
Honorable Member

I’m not crazy about the numerology, Marclean, but I do find the L & R interesting in considering how Zodiac utilized letter frequencies in creating the 408 cipher. Did he decide on the number of symbols to use for each letter based on:

1. the established letter frequency in the English language?

OR

2. the number of times the letters were used in the cipher?

E…..12.7%…..47 times…..7 symbols
T…..9.1%…..32times…..4 symbols
A…..8.2%…..23 times…..4 symbols
O…..7.5%…..27 times…..4 symbols
I…..7.0%…..41 times…..4 symbols
N…..6.7%…..23 times…..4 symbols
S…..6.3%…..23 times…..4 symbols
H…..6.1%…..14 times…..2 symbols
R…..6.0%…..18 times…..3 symbols
D…..4.3%…..7 times…..2 symbols
L…..4.0%…..33 times….3 symbols
U…..2.8%…..10 times…..1 symbol
C…..2.7%…..10 times…..1 symbol

The number of symbols used generally corresponds to established letter frequency but the L & R don’t follow that trend exactly. The letter L, for instance, is used far more frequently in the 408 cipher than would be expected because of Z’s appreciation for the word KILL. He utilizes more symbols for L (3) than would be expected by method #1 but fewer than would be expected by method #2. He could have added symbols randomly for letters that he felt he used frequently but I also wonder about the possibility that the number of symbols used could have been determined by the letter frequency in the two cipher combined if they were created together. I still find the fact that both ciphers fit precisely onto two pieces of standard graph paper rather compelling to consider. Fewer L’s in the 340 cipher would reduce the need for extra symbols to represent the L, which could explain why using 3 symbols for L doesn’t seem to match either method for establishing the ratio of letters to symbols.

Does that make any sense? Sorry to go off topic, Marclean. It was something that kept wandering around my brain some time ago.

Posted : February 22, 2014 3:08 am
Marclean
(@marcelo-leandro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I’m not crazy about the numerology, Marclean, but I do find the L & R interesting in considering how Zodiac utilized letter frequencies in creating the 408 cipher. Did he decide on the number of symbols to use for each letter based on:

1. the established letter frequency in the English language?

OR

2. the number of times the letters were used in the cipher?

E…..12.7%…..47 times…..7 symbols
T…..9.1%…..32times…..4 symbols
A…..8.2%…..23 times…..4 symbols
O…..7.5%…..27 times…..4 symbols
I…..7.0%…..41 times…..4 symbols
N…..6.7%…..23 times…..4 symbols
S…..6.3%…..23 times…..4 symbols
H…..6.1%…..14 times…..2 symbols
R…..6.0%…..18 times…..3 symbols
D…..4.3%…..7 times…..2 symbols
L…..4.0%…..33 times….3 symbols
U…..2.8%…..10 times…..1 symbol
C…..2.7%…..10 times…..1 symbol

The number of symbols used generally corresponds to established letter frequency but the L & R don’t follow that trend exactly. The letter L, for instance, is used far more frequently in the 408 cipher than would be expected because of Z’s appreciation for the word KILL. He utilizes more symbols for L (3) than would be expected by method #1 but fewer than would be expected by method #2. He could have added symbols randomly for letters that he felt he used frequently but I also wonder about the possibility that the number of symbols used could have been determined by the letter frequency in the two cipher combined if they were created together. I still find the fact that both ciphers fit precisely onto two pieces of standard graph paper rather compelling to consider. Fewer L’s in the 340 cipher would reduce the need for extra symbols to represent the L, which could explain why using 3 symbols for L doesn’t seem to match either method for establishing the ratio of letters to symbols.

Does that make any sense? Sorry to go off topic, Marclean. It was something that kept wandering around my brain some time ago.

No, not this off topic Entropy, his argument is good, just think a lot of that is coincidence that precisely the L and R estajam connected directly to 33 and 19 occurrences in 408 cipher.’m Not saying it right, but just an anagram date birth ALA?!
Anyway, we will never know, not in our generation. As for the 408 and 340 together to form another message as a whole, would be very cool, and I think Z was not so brilliant as well, it was a just a mental patient, with average intelligence who was lucky not to have been caught. 340 If it were real would have been broken, I think 340 is a scam, at least that’s what I think
Marcelo

Posted : February 22, 2014 3:26 am
Marclean
(@marcelo-leandro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

As for numerology, numerology no use, but because rule, this asshole called himself the Zodiac (Astrology) and astrology is not science as Astronomy is, what is to stop using this method to encrypt something?! There are rules for this?! The goal of a cipher is becoming a difficult coding, can establish a personal code and no one but I can break it, because I only have the key.
look at this :
) &)%! (& #
created now and only has meaning for me
tip (the key to this provision of our fingers)
:)
thanks and cheers Entropy

Posted : February 22, 2014 3:40 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Found this site http://www.dcode.fr/frequency-analysis to be a nice tool to analyze the 408 cipher. It shows that Z had used the letter ‘I’ more often than expected, too. You can also select the occurrence of various cleartext 5-grams. It also shows that 74 out of an overall 98 words consist of only four letters or shorter (75% of all words or 56% of all letters). The tool also shows that Z had used ‘SL’ as often as ‘AL’ (three times, thus both could represent the M+ symbol in the 340 cipher).

I used this slightly corrected cleartext
I LIKE KILLING PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS SO MUCH FUN IT IS MORE FUN THAN KILLING WILD GAME IN THE FORREST BECAUSE MAN IS THE MOST DANGEROUS ANIMAL OF ALL TO KILL SOMETHING GIVES ME THE MOST THRILLING EXPERIENCE IT IS EVEN BETTER THAN GETTING YOUR ROCKS OFF WITH A GIRL THE BEST PART OF IT IS THAT WHEN I DIE I WILL BE REBORN IN PARADICE AND ALL THE I HAVE KILLED WILL BECOME MY SLAVES I WILL NOT GIVE YOU MY NAME BECAUSE YOU WILL TRY TO SLOW DOWN OR STOP MY COLLECTING OF SLAVES FOR MY AFTERLIFE

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : January 3, 2016 5:52 pm
Marclean
(@marcelo-leandro)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hello Mr Quicktrader !!! Thanks for the replies !!! :)
I am currently on vacation on the beach !!
Only I get a doubt, if the frequency of words with the letters R and L is forcing reported in this topic or is the reverse (to force the words that result in it). Anyway, I guess we’ll never know.
Then when you return the slack will look at your link.
Once again, thank you !! ;)
Marcelo

Posted : January 8, 2016 10:50 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Reviewing the 408..

So far, the last line of the cipher is completely useless. IF Z had used any fillers, then the first letter of the EBEORIETE.. phrase would have been enough.

Therefore I think that there must have been a reason why Z had particularly added another line to his message. Otherwise 23×17, thus a 391 letter cipher, would have been sufficient. One may conclude that such cipher inside the cipher could be either an anagram or that it could also be a substitution cipher, e.g. Z’s encrypted name (‘I do not give you my name’..true, because he was hiding it behind another encryption..like ‘then you will have me’).

If Z’s name was Paul (bottom lid of a scotch tape..), then EBEO could represent the letters PAUL. The big question now: If not anagramming, how had Z encrypted his name?

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : April 5, 2016 4:24 pm
smokie treats
(@smokie-treats)
Noble Member

Quick,

I added DCODE to the list of CRYPTOGRAPHY WEBSITES. If you have more suggestions, you can post them there. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=2916

Posted : April 5, 2016 4:47 pm
Share: