Clear all

Could the "GOD" / "DOG reversed" be key to 340 cipher

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I have since the beginning of my Zodiac killer research believed that, one way or the other,
the last 3 letters in the 1st row of the 340 cipher: GOD, in reverse it is DOG, is part of the key to the 340 cipher.

So this thread is for input on the 340 cipher GOD/DOG research.

I want to make absolutely clear that I personaly have NO skills whatsoever when it comes to codes/ciphers.

However I believe that sometimes intuition/ideas can do instead of skills :)

I hope some of the REAL CIPHER SKILLED ZODIAC RESEARCHER will help out by checking in and check if any of the ideas posted here might have any merit.

Thanks in advance

TF

————————————————————

The other day I ran into info about the Army/Navy Phonetic Alphabet:

So I thought; could the Army/Navy Phonetic Alphabet "Dog" (for "d") be some kind of key to the 340 cipher?

Able, Baker, Charlie, Dog, Easy, Fox … etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Army … c_Alphabet

And here are 11 almost alike but a bit different (some may be 100% alike I haven’t checked) both US and british.

http://ilrc.cas.muohio.edu/meyersde/kit … alphabets/

English
Allied Services (1945)
Able, Baker, Charlie, Dog, Edward, Fox, George, How, Item, Jig, King, Love, Mike, Nan, Oboe, Peter, Queen, Roger, Sugar, Tape, Uncle, Victor, William, X-Ray, Yoke, Zebra

English
American Radio Relay League (1945)
Able, Baker, Charlie, Dog, Easy, Fox, George, How, Item, Jig, King, Love, Mike, Nan, Oboe, Peter, Queen, Roger, Sugar, Tare, Uncle, Victor, William, X-Ray, Yoke, Zebra

English
Book, Complete Morse Instructor, The (1944)
Able, Baker, Charlie, Dog, Easy, Fox, George, How, Item, Jig, King, Love, Mike, Nan, Oboe, Peter, Queen, Roger, Sugar, Tare, Uncle, Victor, William, X-Ray, Yoke, Zebra

English
British Armed Forces (1952)

English
British Royal Air Force (1942-1943)
Apple, Beer, Charlie, Dog, Edward, Freddy, George, Harry, In, Jug, King, Love, Mother, Nuts, Orange, Peter, Queen, Roger, Suga, Tommy, Uncle, Vic, William, X-ray, Yoke, Zebra

English
British Royal Air Force (1942-1943)
Apple, Beer, Charlie, Dog, Edward, Freddy, George, Harry, In, Johnny, King, Love, Mother, Nuts, Orange, Peter, Queen, Robert, Suga, Tommy, Uncle, Vic, William, X-ray, Yorker, Zebra

English
British Royal Air Force (1943-1956)
Able, Baker, Charlie, Dog, Easy, Fox, George, How, Item, Jig, King, Love, Mike, Nab, Oboe, Peter, Queen, Roger, Sugar, Tare, Uncle, Victor, William, X-Ray, Yoke, Zebra

English
British Royal Air Force (1943-1956)
Afirm, Baker, Charlie, Dog, Easy, Fox, George, How, IInterrogatory, Johnny, King, Love, Mike, Negat, Oboe, Prep, Queen, Roger, Sugar, Tare, Uncle, Victor, William, X-Ray, Yoke, Zebra

English
United States Army/Navy (1941)
Able, Baker, Charlie, Dog, Easy, Fox, George, How, Item, Jig, King, Love, Mike, Nan, Oboe, Peter, Queen, Roger, Sail, Tare, Uncle, Victor, William, X-Ray, Yoke, Zebra

English
United States Navy (1940)
Affirmative, Baker, Cast, Dog, Easy, Fox, George, Hypo, Interrogatory, Jig, King, Love, Mike, Negative, Option, Preparatory, Queen, Roger, Sail, Tare, Unit, Victor, William, Xray, Yoke, Zed

English
United States Navy Radio Alphabet Communications Handbook (1945)

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : March 20, 2015 7:47 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

ANUBIS = GOD-DOG

http://ambigramsrevealed.com/?p=940

Anubis is a dog-headed god associated with mummification and the afterlife in ancient Egyptian religion.
Both English and French, this ambigram shows the words “God – Dog” (English), translated into “Dieu – Chien”

Could ANUBIS be a key ?

Posted : March 20, 2015 7:53 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

TF–I remember rand had mentioned something about "dog" in the 340.

Here it is: WHY DO BEATEN DOG LIKE PAUL LOVE HERB CANINE….

http://zodiackiller.fr.yuku.com/topic/2 … Qub5XzF-So

(doubt this has anything to do with what you seek, but since you mentioned god/dog research, I thought I’d throw it out there…for what it’s worth)

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : March 20, 2015 8:54 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

I was thinking you can’t be ‘Sirius’. :D ;) :P

Ahhh I bore myself sometimes. I was trying to tenuously link ‘cerous’ to ‘sirius’ and I nearly did but I ended up with about 15,000 pages of wikipedia open and my eyes started to cross.

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : March 20, 2015 9:03 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Ahhh I bore myself sometimes. I was trying to tenuously link ‘cerous’ to ‘sirius’ and I nearly did but I ended up with about 15,000 pages of wikipedia open and my eyes started to cross.

Okay Trav if you are still bored ;) please go check out my "Sirius /GOD/DOG posts" over at Zodiackillerfacts.com from back in October 2009 ;)

Here are some partial copies:

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/ … 9&start=10

IMO, the theme of GOD is possibly som kind of a pattern?/key?, or clue to a key, in the "My name is…" cipher and the 340 Cipher:

If you arrange the 340 cipher as the FBI suggested in the History channel TV-program, you get this version of the 340 cipher belowe.
And I have added what I belive might be somthing worth looking into:

Now, if you take the 3 last symbols/letters in the first row of the 340 cipher, it reads GOD.
The "D" is reversed so that might be a clue to reverse the word GOD.
Reverse GOD and you get DOG.
Add them together and you get DOG-GOD.
GOD-DOG is SIRIUS the brightes star in heaven.

If you then go to the opposite side of the cipher and start at the diagonal opposite of the DOG word, and read it from bottom to top, the "U" fits were the "U" would be in the name SIRIUS

———-

Today I found that both GOD and DOG is to be found in the 340 FBI version,
sure it could be a coincidence but on the other hand, maybe not:

Posted : March 20, 2015 9:24 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

TF–I remember rand had mentioned something about "dog" in the 340.

Here it is: WHY DO BEATEN DOG LIKE PAUL LOVE HERB CANINE….

http://zodiackiller.fr.yuku.com/topic/2 … Qub5XzF-So

(doubt this has anything to do with what you seek, but since you mentioned god/dog research, I thought I’d throw it out there…for what it’s worth)

Tahoe, you are right, I don’t think Rand’s " WHY DO BEATEN DOG LIKE PAUL LOVE HERB CANINE" etc. has anything to do with it.

Posted : March 20, 2015 9:28 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Okay Trav if you are still bored ;) please go check out my "Sirius /GOD/DOG posts" over at Zodiackillerfacts.com from back in October 2009 ;)

Here are some partial copies:

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/ … 9&start=10

IMO, the theme of GOD is possibly som kind of a pattern?/key?, or clue to a key, in the "My name is…" cipher and the 340 Cipher:

If you arrange the 340 cipher as the FBI suggested in the History channel TV-program, you get this version of the 340 cipher belowe.
And I have added what I belive might be somthing worth looking into:

Now, if you take the 3 last symbols/letters in the first row of the 340 cipher, it reads GOD.
The "D" is reversed so that might be a clue to reverse the word GOD.
Reverse GOD and you get DOG.
Add them together and you get DOG-GOD.
GOD-DOG is SIRIUS the brightes star in heaven.

If you then go to the opposite side of the cipher and start at the diagonal opposite of the DOG word, and read it from bottom to top, the "U" fits were the "U" would be in the name SIRIUS

———-

Today I found that both GOD and DOG is to be found in the 340 FBI version,
sure it could be a coincidence but on the other hand, maybe not:

Here is Zodiac research website www.zodiacciphers.com posting about DOG star SIRIUS:

http://www.zodiacciphers.com/zodiac-new … s%20letter

Quote:
The sun rises every year with our brightest star Sirius (Dog Star), occupant of the constellation Canis Major and roughly 8.6 light years from Earth, but more importantly the Egyptians deemed Sirius as the giver of life, as it always appeared during the annual flooding of the Nile. The 13 Moon Calendar New Year is reborn on July 26th, originally correlated to the heliacal rising of Sirius at 19.5 latitude north. So the connection to Osiris, the afterlife, Sirius and this important date of July 26th can be substantiated in the annals of history and places the Zodiac Killer and Egyptian literature in close allegiance. Of course this wholly depends on whether you believe the dates of his murders have any significant correlation or simply fell there by chance.

Don’t know if this has any significance but here it is:

Zodiac did send a letter July 26, 1970, the "Little List" Letter :
Mailed: July 26, 1970
Postmarked: San Francisco, Calif.
Sent to: San Francisco Chronicle

and the

October 27, 1970
Halloween Card
wich contained what seemd to be 13 halfmoons

Posted : March 20, 2015 10:09 am
Jarlve
(@jarlve)
Famed Member

Hey Theforeigner,

A 3 letter string being part of the key is not much to go on from a decrypting point of view, let alone the method by which to use it. When talking about substitution a symbol to letter mapping is a key.

For instance, key to the 408: (taken from the keys that come with ZKDecrypto 1.2)

ѼRBPIºyuÅ·XWVEËZMLHA+¾¸µ°£TOGÔÒ¥^SNJFD/ÐÄùQKÌ‚¤¢Æ½Ê
MIGLITLUICLOEBEIEHTTWEAYTEHONARRPNAEFSNKEOVSRFSAODNDSX

We haven’t been able to get the key for the 340 because there seems to be no full cipher english (left-to-right, top-to-bottom) solution available. Most people who have experience with the cipher believe that at least one other step is involved or that it is fake. Transposition. Filler symbols, rows, lines. You name it. Or a theory of mine it being a word search with words in all directions. Maybe your key is that "other step", but to what sort of a scheme does it relate?

AZdecrypt

Posted : March 21, 2015 3:05 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

There does appear to be a dog theme in the Z13/My name is- letter. Even if it is zync.

"…just wouldn’t doo"

A ‘Scooby Doo/Clew’ perhaps. :D

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : May 6, 2015 9:06 am
Share: