Zodiac Discussion Forum

Definately a proble…

Notifications
Clear all

Definately a problem with 408 and some decoding.

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
 nav
(@nav)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Read the case file through the night and you definitely have a problem with 408 and this so called 20 hour decoding by Donald and Bettye Harden. I smell a rat here and not just a little rat but a big one. Is 408 doable in 20 hours? Hell no, there’s a least 4-5 days decoding there even if you have the key ‘killing’. Just too many variables with 8 possibles for the letter E alone. Talking about 100,000+ combinations in 20 hours with a pen and paper, not possible I’m afraid.
One thing that strikes me is this: The Zodiac symbol in 408 represents the letter D and I’m nearly 100% sure that in 340 the Zodiac symbol represents the letter H. Donald Harden is having everyone’s pants down I’m afraid, sorry to put it like that but he simply is taking the Micky.
I came across the below cypher a noticed things right away. The letters EN of Harden and NA of Donald are there straight away and the rest isn’t too hard to figure. He’s given you the R of Harden for free in correct alignment and he’s given you the D of Harden for free too.
He’s given you the D of Donald for free and the A and O for free too.
Either there is an elaborate plan to frame Donald Harden or he gave you his name for free and wanted to be caught.

Posted : July 11, 2019 3:15 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Yeah.

Posted : July 11, 2019 10:53 pm
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

You have A representing two different letters, and N also representing two different letters. With that type of freedom you can construct almost any name you want.

As is, the code has a K, A,N, E. So clearly the Zodiac has to be Lawrence Kane. Unless, given the presence of A,E,N, you can easily construe two ofthe symbols as LL, to construct Allen. Flip the anchor and it’s a T. So you can easily get a TK, and with a little more work a Ted Kac. Unless, of course, with the O and a M, it was Tom all along.

Posted : July 11, 2019 11:14 pm
 nav
(@nav)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

You have A representing two different letters, and N also representing two different letters. With that type of freedom you can construct almost any name you want.

As is, the code has a K, A,N, E. So clearly the Zodiac has to be Lawrence Kane. Unless, given the presence of A,E,N, you can easily construe two ofthe symbols as LL, to construct Allen. Flip the anchor and it’s a T. So you can easily get a TK, and with a little more work a Ted Kac. Unless, of course, with the O and a M, it was Tom all along.

Look again, two A’s one for A of DonAld and one for A in HArden. There are only two A’s in the cipher?

Posted : July 12, 2019 12:18 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

Based on where you have them lined up, it looks like you translate the code A to the D in Donald and the last code A to the E near the end of HardEn.

Regardless, my main point was that using the given letters as they appear in the code with some other translations, you can easily get Kane, Allen, Ted Kac, Tom or virtually any name you want.

In our suspect section, we already have a topic thread on Donald Harden as a suspect. It seems ridiculous to me, and I think most of the members here, but defuser351 and some other members have looked into him as a suspect and you should go to that section in post any theories about him as a suspect there. Go to viewtopic.php?f=107&t=2253

Posted : July 12, 2019 1:02 am
(@user3000)
Eminent Member

About 20h. The assumption that "kill" is a word that is often used turns out to be a very good guess in 408. Just put "kill" in the places where the common bigrams are. You get a lot of the first letters of the first sentence and can easily guess the "I Like killing" part. So the question is then. What does he like to kill? You have the L and "people" fits. Could be a good guess.

Not sure that this is the correct way that Harden did it but up to here to me it feels logical. The next step I’m not sure about. There is a "i i"-pattern twice now comming up. To guess that it is "it is" seems hard to me. Anyway, once you entered "it is" the rest is actually pretty easy to solve.

My verdict. It can be done in 20h.

Posted : July 15, 2019 11:15 pm
up2something
(@up2something)
Reputable Member

My verdict. It can be done in 20h.

It was. And Harden is still not Zodiac.

Posted : July 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Share: