Clear all

Illuminati Cipher- possible influence on 340 cipher

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@entropy)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

entropy, Subject: Illuminati Cipher- possible influence on 340 cipher construction   Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Seagull posted this pretty cool image from the book, A History of Secret Societies by Arkon Daraul, which was apparently published in January, 1969. Figured I would repost it here for discussion as a possible influence on Zodiac’s cipher construction:

Thoughts?

smithy, Subject: Re: Illuminati Cipher- possible influence on 340 cipher construction   Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:33 am

E., didn’t you also mention a hint of correlation between the symbols used and the order of their assignment, in the 408, and these? I think you did.
Or did I just read it that way!?

entropy, Subject: Re: Illuminati Cipher- possible influence on 340 cipher construction   Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 am

E., didn’t you also mention a hint of correlation between the symbols used and the order of their assignment, in the 408, and these? I think you did.
Or did I just read it that way!?

Really just a few random observations, smithy:

Of note, obviously, is the use of multiple symbols for each letter, the choice of letters which lend themselves to rotation (L, I, H, T) and the general use of symbol rotation as well. Also kinda interesting that the Illuminati cipher system uses overt Zodiac planetary symbols for Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter while Zodiac seemed to avoid symbols with a single, defined astrological meaning.

I do kind of think Z would have liked developing his method from the elevated super secret Illumidudes whose important messages required that "higher degree" of secret writing. I mostly just wanted to lay the cipher influence idea out as a separate thread from morf’s question about Z having possible ties to Freemasonry.

Posted : April 7, 2013 2:51 pm
Share: