Clear all

Z340 Possible Solution

15 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
(@zgirl)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I’ve been following the Zodiac case off and on for years, but don’t know as much as many of the regular posters do about the case. And when it comes to the ciphers–I don’t know anything about solving them..completely out of my league. I just don’t understand them at all, so, I’ve only paid them a glance, and have mostly ignored them.

Well, my 18-year-old nephew traveled 1,000 miles to spend some of his summer with me before he heads to the army next month. He’s not familiar with the Zodiac case at all…his only familiarity with it is that I’m interested in it. So, this week I’ve been telling him a few things about the case, such as the costume, the Stine murder, etc. He seemed only mildly interested–probably faking interest lol, he is a polite kid, but the moment I mentioned the ciphers on our way back from the grocery store last night–he got interested. He started talking about ciphers and it was way over my head. I told him, "when we get home, I’m going to send one to your phone. Just look at it, and tell me what you think about it." I sent it to him at 11:20 last night, and at 12:45 am, he sent me his solution. He’s never seen any of the Zodiac letters or ciphers or possible solutions to the ciphers. Copying and pasting what he sent me last night:

"i kill night and day. i live by the gun barrel. i wish for the game to be over, pigs? (not sure about that one) want my wrist in locks. angry and dangerous. by knife. by gun. by rope. by fire. i send my slaves to the afterlife where ill have my paradise. i wont change my game."

"im not sure about that. like not at all but thats my best guess"

So, I asked him to message me his work. And this is what he sent me. (He was in next room and messaging me on Fb messenger). Just thought I’d share!!

Posted : July 24, 2019 11:56 pm
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

A quick google brings this past stuff up.

2017: Here is a Craig Bauer proposed solution
I KILL BOTH NIGHT AND DAY. I LIVE BY THE GUN BARREL AIM AND LIKE FISHING FOR GOLDFISH OVER PIGS. I MISS GOLDILOCKS NOW.

Posted : July 25, 2019 4:02 am
(@themist)
Estimable Member

That’s the start of the solution proposed on the 2016 Hunt for the Zodiac television documentary. It breaks down quite badly when you try to apply it to the rest of the cypher.

Posted : July 25, 2019 4:06 am
(@zgirl)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you for the responses. When my nephew gave me his solution, I Googled some phrases and was shocked to find a couple others had similar solutions. It gave me chills that he’d come up with close to the same thing. I still don’t understand how it’s done lol

Posted : July 25, 2019 4:51 am
up2something
(@up2something)
Reputable Member

Thank you for the responses. When my nephew gave me his solution, I Googled some phrases and was shocked to find a couple others had similar solutions. It gave me chills that he’d come up with close to the same thing. I still don’t understand how it’s done lol

Maybe he googled the other solutions.

Posted : July 25, 2019 4:42 pm
(@zgirl)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Maybe he googled the other solutions.

I don’t think so. He’s a very advanced kid. He’s always studied and read war books, and coding, etc. Tons of academic accomplishments..so, he came up with on his own..but he’s not saying it’s right..and neither am I…in fact, he said it’s his best guess and he’s not sure about it.

Posted : July 25, 2019 11:34 pm
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

Have him post the method he used to derive his solution. It will be interesting to compare it to Craig’s method.

http://zodiackillerciphers.com

Posted : July 26, 2019 12:49 am
(@zgirl)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Have him post the method he used to derive his solution. It will be interesting to compare it to Craig’s method.

I posted his work. He also explained it to me, but I didn’t understand a word of it. He also explained to me the different kinds of ciphers, etc. I remember him telling me that he looked for repeated letters and noticed that they were in boxes or squares and used codas to go back to the beginning each time, and named other things that he looked for….I’m telling you this from memory..don’t remember his exact words.

It turns out that other people have had similar solutions, so, I’m not trying to present it as anything groundbreaking. I showed him the Goldilocks solution posted on here after he came up with his solution…and he said he doesn’t see that in his solution at all.

I had asked him if he knew anything about codas in music..because I just had read about someone’s theory on the Z symbol being coda..and he knew immediately and explained to me how it works..he reads music extremely fast and is a musician also, and speaks a few different languages and has read a lot about dead languages, etc. I knew he was a smart kid, but he started talking about all this stuff and it blew my mind!! lol He’s also brilliant in higher math and scored extremely high on his ASVAB..I’m not saying all this brag on him (well, maybe just a little lol), but explaining why I asked him to look at it..even if he didn’t come up with the right solution..I’m still in awe.

Posted : July 26, 2019 1:02 am
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

The work you posted doesn’t make any sense. If you want folks here to evaluate his work, then he needs to explain his steps he went through to produce the messages.

Posted : July 26, 2019 1:05 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

Weird.

When I tried it I get this:

WENEEDTOLOWERTAXESONTHERICH
ANDCUTWELFAREFORTHEPOORAND
BROWNPEOPLECONCETRATIONCAMP
ATTHEBORDERCRYINGCHILDRENAND
IWILLDESTROYALLGAYANDMUSLIMS
WEALLKNOWTEDCRUZISTHEZODIAC

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : July 26, 2019 1:17 am
(@zgirl)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I had plans to have him to post how he came up with his solution, in detail, when I see him tonight. There’s nothing wrong with anyone asking for further explanation on how my nephew came to his conclusion. In fact, that’s understandable, expected and encouraged. However, the attitude that this is some kind of trick is unnecessary, and I take offense to it. I think I’ll go somewhere else with it..probably contact someone privately that could take a look at it, and have him explain it to them. Thanks anyway.

Posted : July 26, 2019 1:35 am
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

Not sure who suggested it was some kind of trick. But do what you feel is right.

Posted : July 26, 2019 1:37 am
(@zgirl)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Not sure who suggested it was some kind of trick. But do what you feel is right.

Not you. And thank you. :)

Posted : July 26, 2019 2:23 am
(@4on4off)
Trusted Member

Zgirl,

Looking around this site you see that there are people here that are very knowledgeable about the Zodiac and many who are very knowledgeably about code breaking. Some who have crafted tools to help in breaking ciphers. Everyone here has encountered countless supposed solutions so you can expect a respectful request for some explanation of how a solution was derived. Perhaps a different perspective may reveal a piece of the puzzle.

I hope that you will reconsider and share.

Posted : July 26, 2019 10:38 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

This thread might be nonsense. Beware, I am stalking your cipher solutions now.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : July 26, 2019 11:13 pm
Share: