Clear all

Inspiration for the card

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@davbryn)
Topic starter

Hi all,

I think I may have found the inspiration for the card design plus a tenuous link to Arthur Lee

I welcome any thoughts :-) I put the images and video here http://www.gembryn.com

Posted : September 18, 2020 12:15 am
(@replaceablehead)
Reputable Member

My first thought is, what a great song. And if this footage was a music video made for this song, you’d really have something, given the name of the band. But obviously this is footage from a cartoon that the song has been set to for the purpose of the youtube video. So I suppose a good question would be, what is the original name of the cartoon and who made that?

The problem I have is that there is nothing idosyncratic, or unique about the relationship between the card and the cartoon. Other than the possible similarity of the eyes, the rest of the images are sort of generic. I mean if you look at pretty much any image, card, cartoon, novelty item, that has a Halloween theme, your going to see skeletons, cobwebs, pumpkins, eyeballs etc. Those images are plastered all over anything to do with Halloween, they’re just really ubiquitous images and symbols.

What you really want to try and find are the elements that are more unique. The eyeball could be, but then it’s not an exact match and in the absence of other evidence, that eyeball needs to be damn near spot on before I would consider the match likely, or even plausible.

I still think this is worth checking out further. I would love to know what the original cartoon is called.

Posted : September 18, 2020 5:50 am
(@davbryn)
Topic starter

I hadn’t realised that the song was not linked to the video sadly. Turns out the cartoon is a famous Disney animation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Skeleton_Dance

Posted : September 18, 2020 2:27 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

Been mentioned before and who knows ?

Posted : September 19, 2020 12:04 am
Share: