Clear all

Could there be anything to this?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@mange4444)
Topic starter

Hi guys.

Some months ago I was sitting around doing nothing when decided to revisit David Oranchak’s video where he presents the solution to the 340. After watching the video I decided to try the cipher key on the “my name is”-cipher. What I got back was just nonsens but then I decided to put it into an online anagram-solver. At the time I did’nt realize that I accidentaly exchanged an “A” with a “D” but what I got back was a bit of a surprice. One posible word generated by the symbols I entered (however entered slightly incorrect) was “Dendera Zodiac”.

Now I am aware that this is stretching it and as I mentioned, I’m aware that I made a misstake in the entered text but I can’t help but wanting to share it. Also I know that there has been theories surrounding posible connections to Egyptology in regards to the mentioning of slaves and also some symbols that showed up on the halloween card that the Zodiac sent. Also from what I understand some of the earliest examples of cryptology stems from ancient Egypt.Β 

So what do you say? Could there be something to the scentence:

“This is the Zodiac speaking. By the way have you cracked the last cipher I sent you? My name is Dendera Zodiacβ€œ?

PS: I’m really not saying that this is something at all but still, a somewhat interesting coincidence :). Also, appoligies for the bad writing. I’m not a native english speaker πŸ˜‰

Posted : August 1, 2021 4:01 pm
Topic Tags
 jay
(@jay)
Eminent Member

This is all speculation on my part but I would be very surprised if the z13 cipher translates to “Dendera Zodiac” (and what would it tell us if true?)

I agree that the author(s) might have been inspired by Egyptian hieroglyphics (and other ancient writing systems) but I think they would have chosen a plaintext that resonates with a larger audience; e.g. a “normal” name, a cheeky “Nice try!” or a piece of another puzzle. We’ll probably know it when we see it.

Re. the encryption scheme, I don’t think z13 is a simple substitution cipher. It’s highly symmetrical and contains symbols that don’t exist in any other ciphers (the circled 8s). Maybe it’s a pattern or a set of instructions that should be applied to another cipher. The symmetry could also suggest that we need to mirror or overlay it somehow. Anyway, there’s currently no widely accepted solution so your theories are as good as any!

This post was modified 3 years ago 4 times by jay

Posted : August 2, 2021 1:38 pm
Share: