Clear all

Arthur Leigh Allen's Suspicious Handwriting

16 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@batman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

In the Zodiac extra video His Name Was Arthur Leigh Allen, they showed ALA’s right handed writing that he gave to the police. Then in the other Zodiac extra video, the one about linguistic analysis, they showed some of ALA’s right handed writing. This version of his handwriting is much better than the version he gave to the police. So you would have to assume that ALA was pretending that he couldn’t write well with his right hand so he could fool the police.

Here is something else. In one of ALA’s letters, he misspelled Saturday as Satiddy. I’m pretty sure ALA knows how to spell Saturday and he just misspelled it on purpose. This is something that Zodiac would do.

Posted : March 25, 2021 9:54 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

I don’t believe that is an authentic reproduction of his writing.

Posted : March 25, 2021 11:01 pm
(@coloradoan)
Eminent Member

We don’t have to assume, because it’s well documented he told police he was only able to write with one hand. His close friends in that documentary who protested his innocence even admits he used both hands to write and to perform tasks.

I can only imagine the hysteria if some other suspect was actively deceiving and lying to police about such an ability.

Posted : March 26, 2021 6:13 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

I can only imagine the hysteria if some other suspect was actively deceiving and lying to police about such an ability.

Gaikowski lied to police about his passport proving he couldn’t be the Zodiac. And Marshall intentionally wiped his fingerprints off of a photo he was handling for Ken Narlow. Both could be considered suspicious acts. In Allen’s case, he screwed with the police every chance he could. Even about non-Zodiac stuff.

Posted : March 26, 2021 6:21 am
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

Toschi showed Allen the phrase “up until now I have killed five.” “We want you to just print the way you normally print,” he said. “I understand you have some ability with your left hand,” Toschi added. “I don’t do it left-handed,” said Allen. “Who told you that?” “We know what you can do and what you can’t.” Allen had been born left-handed and forced to be right-handed in elementary school. Everyone there knew that. He cooperated with the investigation and wrote handwriting exemplars with both his right and left hands. Allen appeared to have some difficulty writing left-handed. “I can’t,” he said.

Graysmith, Robert. Zodiac Unmasked: The Identity of America’s Most Elusive Serial Killers Revealed . Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Posted : March 26, 2021 6:49 am
(@alphadeltarho)
Estimable Member

I believe ALA favored his right hand IF he was in fact ambidextrous.

Mah-na Mah-na

Posted : March 26, 2021 7:26 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Toschi showed Allen the phrase “up until now I have killed five.” “We want you to just print the way you normally print,” he said. “I understand you have some ability with your left hand,” Toschi added. “I don’t do it left-handed,” said Allen. “Who told you that?” “We know what you can do and what you can’t.” Allen had been born left-handed and forced to be right-handed in elementary school. Everyone there knew that. He cooperated with the investigation and wrote handwriting exemplars with both his right and left hands. Allen appeared to have some difficulty writing left-handed. “I can’t,” he said.

I have those samples. They look nothing like the handwriting in the OP.

Posted : March 26, 2021 7:34 am
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

And the OP thinks Allen didn’t want to write with his RIGHT hand.

Posted : March 26, 2021 7:48 am
(@batman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I would love to see those. Can you post them here please?

Posted : March 26, 2021 8:02 am
(@batman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Graysmith, Robert. Zodiac Unmasked: The Identity of America’s Most Elusive Serial Killers Revealed . Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

You sure you have that right? I thought ALA told the police that he was left handed and he had trouble writing with his right hand.

Posted : March 26, 2021 8:07 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

I would love to see those. Can you post them here please?

Posted : March 26, 2021 8:22 am
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

You sure you have that right? I thought ALA told the police that he was left handed and he had trouble writing with his right hand.

Well, this is sourced info. I didn’t make it up. If someone can properly debunk it, I’m all ears…

Posted : March 26, 2021 9:13 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member

Any evidence that Allen knew Rick Marshall?

Posted : April 27, 2021 10:53 pm
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)
Trusted Member

Leigh non-violent
Arthur a little selfish

“Nobody called him Arthur.”

Posted : April 28, 2021 12:46 am
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)
Trusted Member

Arthur’s "Riverside" and "California" vs presumably Zodiac’s (from Riverside letter and Eureka).

ALA’s letters from Tom; all credits to him.

“Nobody called him Arthur.”

Posted : April 28, 2021 12:52 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: