Zodiac Discussion Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Still just one suspect connected to Vallejo.

70 Posts
21 Users
0 Reactions
10.8 K Views
(@craigfitzer)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I still can’t get passed Arthur Lee. He’s got to be involved.

Posted : May 19, 2018 10:28 am
Jarlve
(@jarlve)
Famed Member

And at that moment the door, the main door of that apartment I was in just imploded. It wasn’t that the door came loose or opened, it came right off the hinges. That door imploded and came right down and a big man came through that door carrying a knife and I could see in that man’s face, in his eyes, that man was devoid of an immortal soul. That man was on a different plane. It was terrifying just to look at him. His name was Arthur Leigh Allen.

AZdecrypt

Posted : May 19, 2018 7:40 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

With that above sketch though, that guy couldn’t be Allen. That was the sketch derived from the three girls at Lake Berryessa–those descriptions were far from Allen, imo. Black/dark brown hair, nice looking (which probably meant kind of cute, as it certainly wasn’t his dress). I don’t know…

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : May 20, 2018 8:16 pm
(@craigfitzer)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

With that above sketch though, that guy couldn’t be Allen. That was the sketch derived from the three girls at Lake Berryessa–those descriptions were far from Allen, imo. Black/dark brown hair, nice looking (which probably meant kind of cute, as it certainly wasn’t his dress). I don’t know…

I kinda threw that photo in as a bonus. It’s not what makes me feel he’s involved. However, it does have some similarities.

Posted : May 21, 2018 7:33 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member

Did they ever confirm that Allen spent the night at Salt Point?

Posted : May 21, 2018 8:02 am
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

Only according to the Jim Lynch interview of what Allen said: "On 9 26 69 Arthur went skin diving on salt point ranch, stayed overnight and returned to Vallejo on 9 27-69".
In terms of suspects connected to Vallejo, it doesn’t really mean much in the Zodiac case, because to become a suspect or person of interest, only one person has to nominate or initially promote somebody as a suspect. Just because somebody believes an individual to be suspect doesn’t mean the vast majority of people do. There hasn’t been one credible suspect ever touted in the Zodiac case in 50 years, just a lot of suppositions glued together in the guise of evidence. None of the ‘suspects ‘ ever put forward would get within a 100 miles of a courtroom on ‘Zodiac charges’. Probably a kangaroo court, but not a credible court of law.

Posted : May 21, 2018 2:28 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

The premise of this thread is incorrect.

According to Bob Loomis, in 1964 and 1965, Richard Gaikowski attended weekly meetings at the Vallejo Times-Herald building. (The Vallejo newspaper was the largest of several local papers owned by the same company.)

I had never set foot in Vallejo until 1998 and I had the layout down after just a few days; it would have been even easier thirty years earlier.

Also, from San Francisco, the Lake Herman/Blue Rock Springs area is amazingly easy to get to, as it was back then. Once you’re on the freeway in San Francisco that crosses the Bay Bridge (I-80), you don’t need to stop until at Columbus Parkway in Vallejo, for which there is a freeway exit; from there the intersection of Lake Herman Road eventually appears on your right.

The same idiots who insist Zodiac had to live in Vallejo are the same idiots who insist serial killers can’t stop killing on their own, won’t have stable job histories, won’t have stable relationships, blah blah blah. See Joseph DeAngelo, Dennis Rader and Gary Ridgway.

Posted : May 21, 2018 8:06 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

I had never set foot in Vallejo until 1998 and I had the layout down after just a few days; it would have been even easier thirty years earlier.

Also, from San Francisco, the Lake Herman/Blue Rock Springs area is amazingly easy to get to, as it was back then. Once you’re on the freeway in San Francisco that crosses the Bay Bridge (I-80), you don’t need to stop until at Columbus Parkway in Vallejo, for which there is a freeway exit; from there the intersection of Lake Herman Road eventually appears on your right.

I’ve always thought it was quite telling the caller referred to Blue Rock Springs as "the public park". A local would have called it by name, I would think. I do think someone would need to have some knowledge of the area to know about that parking spot on LHR, but that could simply be by driving past it several times.

The same idiots who insist Zodiac had to live in Vallejo are the same idiots who insist serial killers can’t stop killing on their own, won’t have stable job histories, won’t have stable relationships, blah blah blah. See Joseph DeAngelo, Dennis Rader and Gary Ridgway.

That’s a bit harsh, calling people idiots.

Posted : May 22, 2018 1:01 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

Only according to the Jim Lynch interview of what Allen said: "On 9 26 69 Arthur went skin diving

I still find it an interesting coincidence ALA and Deangelo were both divers and ex-Navy.

In terms of suspects connected to Vallejo, it doesn’t really mean much in the Zodiac case, because to become a suspect or person of interest, only one person has to nominate or initially promote somebody as a suspect. Just because somebody believes an individual to be suspect doesn’t mean the vast majority of people do. There hasn’t been one credible suspect ever touted in the Zodiac case in 50 years, just a lot of suppositions glued together in the guise of evidence. None of the ‘suspects ‘ ever put forward would get within a 100 miles of a courtroom on ‘Zodiac charges’. Probably a kangaroo court, but not a credible court of law.

True, but we can only go by what has been made public. But we won’t be the ones who arrest, try and convict Zodiac (if it ever happens), it will be law enforcement.

I do wish police would release a list of any "known suspects" that they have ruled out without doubt. That is, if they have. It’s a shame some people are being accused when they are innocent.

Posted : May 22, 2018 1:07 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

You are right. I must not get so passionate about stuff at Internet forums.

Posted : May 22, 2018 6:41 am
Spiderhawk
(@spiderhawk)
Trusted Member

I still can’t get passed Arthur Lee. He’s got to be involved.

agree. it was him IMHO.

…a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Posted : May 22, 2018 6:23 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

You are right. I must not get so passionate about stuff at Internet forums.

LOL, we all do. Remind me when I do it.

In the end, it’s all just words on the internet and mean nothing. I have a lot of respect for you though and hate to see you go that route.

Posted : May 22, 2018 6:59 pm
(@druzer)
Estimable Member

Tom, if the Zodiac identity was discovered, and it was someone unknown to us, would you expect that person to be from outside the Vallejo area? If so, how far away from Vallejo/Benicia would you expect that Zodiac may have resided? More than an hour’s drive?

Posted : May 22, 2018 7:37 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Tom, if the Zodiac identity was discovered, and it was someone unknown to us, would you expect that person to be from outside the Vallejo area? If so, how far away from Vallejo/Benicia would you expect that Zodiac may have resided? More than an hour’s drive?

The fact is, anyone who lived in nearby communities like Martinez, Benicia, Crockett, Napa, Vacaville, Fairfield, etc would have likely known Vallejo well enough to shoot two people and make one phone call; that was the extent of what Zodiac did in Vallejo.

Posted : May 22, 2018 9:11 pm
(@snooter)
Reputable Member

Gaik is as good or as useless as all the others in having proximity to vallejo…i still toss around the idea vallejo was not picked by accident..z possibly
Had beef with sonebody in that community….

Posted : May 23, 2018 5:56 am
Page 1 / 5
Share: