Clear all

Bates at RCC

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Question: Anyone know for sure if Cheri Bates attended Ramona High in 1962-1963? If not, when was she a freshman?
Thanx, Dag

Posted : March 28, 2018 7:04 pm
(@marienbad)
Estimable Member

It is in the Inside Detective article; they seem to have spoken to the police involved (scroll down for article, top of column one, page 48):

http://zodiackillerfacts.com/uncategori … spiration/

Posted : May 7, 2018 6:03 am
(@monarch)
Reputable Member

In the article it states:
"Two young girls who said they knew Cheri Jo gave a taped interview to a crew from a Los Angeles television station.

The girls in the television interview said that Cheri Jo had told them Sunday that she was going to the library to meet her boyfriend."

Has anyone ever seen this TV interview ?

Posted : May 7, 2018 7:33 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Question: Anyone know for sure if Cheri Bates attended Ramona High in 1962-1963? If not, when was she a freshman?
Thanx, Dag

I think Ramona High began as sophomores. I’d have to go back and look. If so, her 9th grade (which now would be a freshman) year would have been at middle school (or Junior High).

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : May 7, 2018 9:06 pm
(@capricorn)
Honorable Member

Would anyone know if Cheri ever received tutoring in her home by an older male? If so, what subject(s)?

Did she take piano lessons and if so where and by whom?

What were her duties in the bank where she worked? Did she have customer contact such as a teller has?

Posted : May 8, 2018 4:20 pm
(@monarch)
Reputable Member

Would anyone know if Cheri ever received tutoring in her home by an older male? If so, what subject(s)?

What were her duties in the bank where she worked? Did she have customer contact such as a teller has?

I remember reading somewhere that she did receive tutoring in math by an older classmate in high school.
I can’t remember where I read that, maybe someone else remembers more about this ?

Posted : May 8, 2018 8:47 pm
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

I remember reading somewhere that she did receive tutoring in math by an older classmate in high school.
I can’t remember where I read that, maybe someone else remembers more about this ?

It is mentioned in the article here:

http://zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.p … 324#p48324

That’s the same question Robert “Bob” Michalka still asks. Like Whitfield, Michalka is a 1965 graduate of Ramona High. He was friends with Cheri and with her boyfriend, who had graduated in 1964 and went on to play football at San Francisco State. At Ramona, Cheri was a junior when Michalka was a senior, but they shared a German class. “We studied together over pronunciations in the language lab, and I also tutored her in math,” recalls Michalka, who was a student at RCC in 1966. He recalls arriving at the school the morning after Cheri was killed.

http://zodiackillerciphers.com

Posted : May 9, 2018 2:02 pm
TommyT
(@tommyt)
Estimable Member

It is mentioned in the article here:

viewtopic.php?p=48324#p48324

That’s the same question Robert “Bob” Michalka still asks. Like Whitfield, Michalka is a 1965 graduate of Ramona High. He was friends with Cheri and with her boyfriend, who had graduated in 1964 and went on to play football at San Francisco State. At Ramona, Cheri was a junior when Michalka was a senior, but they shared a German class. “We studied together over pronunciations in the language lab, and I also tutored her in math,” recalls Michalka, who was a student at RCC in 1966. He recalls arriving at the school the morning after Cheri was killed.

This guy passed away this past October. Nice obituary about him:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/ … =190599712

Posted : January 29, 2019 11:34 am
Share: