Zodiac Discussion Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Where is the report regarding Andrew Y. Nickolatos?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
 egg
(@egg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I went through the case files, and an Andrew Y. Nickolatos and Betty are stopped
https://www.zodiackiller.com/DFR18.html

Considering this is at 12:10, when in the world did Andrew see Mageau on the ground? If you go through all the police reports, the events are as followed:

1- Attacker drives away after the shooting, southward
2- Mageau ends up on the ground
3- No other car passes by or is heard by Mageau until the one with the three teenagers/young adult show up, see him, walk to him, he tells them to hurry up to get a doc, and they drive off to call the police southward.
4- Hoffman arrives.

So Andrew’s statement implies he fits somewhere in that timeline, which would make ANY statement from him and Betty useful to a better reconstruction of the events if not identify the attacker’s car or appearance. Yet in any reconstruction of the events I have ever heard, I have never heard about anything else than the above 1-2-3-4. Considering that the car with the three witnesses in it said that as they drove on to go call the police they noticed there was a car further ahead of them which turned on the Lake Herman road instead of continuing onward and which they could not identify, that could not have been Andrew, which means it would be ANOTHER vehicle which would have passed by the scene after the attack but before they arrived. This implies Andrew drove by the parking lot, saw Mageau on the ground AND drove ahead of the mystery car which the three witnesses drove behind of and saw it turn on Lake Herman.

Unless you were to add ANOTHER vehicle that no one has accounted for, the vehicle that turned on Lake Herman can only be the attacker’s vehicle. And it implies that Andrew drove past the scene while that vehicle was in the parking lot and he saw Mageau on the ground.

So where is the report regarding Andrew? What I don’t get is they got arrested, car impounded, etc., so I would have expected multiple pages if not more than one report about it. But instead we have nothing at all, unlike every other lead, this one just suddenly ends there while at the same time being what appears to be the most significant possible lead.

Posted : January 2, 2021 1:12 am
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

Obituary: https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/times … &fhid=3134

Posted : January 2, 2021 4:11 am
(@sandiland)
Estimable Member

Wrong person. The one in the report was born 1950
Edit: obituary is probably the dad

Posted : January 2, 2021 4:15 am
(@brubaker)
Trusted Member

Yes, I have wanted to read those reports as well. I imagine it’s a privacy issue since Andy was actually arrested, but I’m not sure how these things work. There are a few other documents missing from the BRS info that’s available online — most notably the nine crime scene photographs Sparks took that night, which were apparently later stolen from evidence (?! I still find this very alarming). With Hoffman’s statement that the parking lot was empty around 11:55, the BRS timeline becomes really tight, and accounting for all cars in the area becomes feasible. What Andy and Betty saw could be an important piece of the puzzle.

Posted : January 3, 2021 12:12 am
 egg
(@egg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Yes, I have wanted to read those reports as well. I imagine it’s a privacy issue since Andy was actually arrested, but I’m not sure how these things work. There are a few other documents missing from the BRS info that’s available online — most notably the nine crime scene photographs Sparks took that night, which were apparently later stolen from evidence (?! I still find this very alarming). With Hoffman’s statement that the parking lot was empty around 11:55, the BRS timeline becomes really tight, and accounting for all cars in the area becomes feasible. What Andy and Betty saw could be an important piece of the puzzle.

Curious about the photos.

As for Andy and his girlfriend, their testimony might be the most important of all testimonies regarding BRS and maybe even across all attacks other than the victims’ own. Makes no sense to me that in all reconstruction of the events, such as in the documentaries, they never covered this. They could have asked at least.

Posted : January 3, 2021 6:28 am
Share: