Faraday – Zodiac Height

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

This is total conjecture based upon the Faraday autopsy, but I hypothesize that Zodiac was the same height the 5’ 8” David Faraday.

According to the autopsy David was listed as 68” tall. He was shot behind his left ear. Here is the relevant information from the autopsy:

http://zodiackillertimeline.com/David_Faraday_Autopsy.htm l”> https://web.archive.org/web/20130119063 … topsy.html

“bullet wound (3/16” diameter) of entry is seen penetrating the upper slight posterior area of the left ear and entering the scalp and skull bone beneath. The bullet follows a straight horizontal course but angling forward and to the right, going through the left temporal lobe. The base of the frontal lobes in the midline and inferior borders of the left frontal lobe and anterior margins of the left temporal lobe. The irregularly flattened bullet is recovered here.”

I have bolded the most important part. If Zodiac was shorter than David, the trajectory of the bullet would be UP. If he was taller, the trajectory would be DOWN. However, the trajectory was horizontal (flat). That seems to indicate that Zodiac was approximately the same height as David. This is important as it aligns with most witness descriptions. As an aside, it would also indicate that the shooter was behind and to the left of David and shot him using his right hand.

All that said, there are a lot of variables that could account for that trajectory including the position of David’s head, the way Zodiac held the gun in his hand, etc. But if facts are taken at mere face value, I think it leans toward David and Zodiac being approximately the same height (68”).

As always, please fact check me and offer alternate ideas.

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : July 26, 2020 2:40 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

I think 5’8" is around the height Mageau estimated.

Posted : July 26, 2020 4:15 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

I think 5’8" is around the height Mageau estimated.

Yes, so did Hartnell and the Robbins kids.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4596&hilit=Compilation

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : July 26, 2020 4:20 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

I didn’t think Hartnell gave an exact height. He said it’s hard for him to judge height since he is so tall.

Posted : July 26, 2020 5:21 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin
Topic starter

Check out the link I provided. Here’s what Bryan told police:

“maybe 5′ 8"" or maybe 5′ 10", 6”

Granted, he gives a 4 inch range, but his initial estimate was 5’ 8”. Also, keep in mind that he was wearing a knitted hood at Lake Berryessa that could conceivably add an inch or two.

– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : July 26, 2020 5:28 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

Yeah, Hartnell was kinda all over the place with his height estimate. That was a pretty steep incline where they were all standing, so Zodiac was sort of above him at first then behind him when he was tying them, so that would make it more difficult too.

Posted : July 26, 2020 9:39 am
loom
 loom
(@loom)
Trusted Member

I feel like 6’8" has to be a typo, that is just way too tall for a 17 year old.

Posted : May 28, 2021 5:38 pm
loom
 loom
(@loom)
Trusted Member

This should probably be looked into more.

Posted : May 28, 2021 5:41 pm
Marshall
(@marshall)
Honorable Member

I feel like 6’8" has to be a typo, that is just way too tall for a 17 year old.

That is 68 inches tall, not 6 feet 8 inches. 68" = 5′ 8"

Posted : May 29, 2021 1:28 am
 N!CK
(@nck)
Trusted Member

I think Z would have to be taller than Feraday because with the gun straight out it sits at shoulder length. For the bullet trajectory to be level then Faraday’s ear would be at about Z’s shoulder. If Feraday is 5’8" tall, I would say Z is 5’10"-6′ tall.

Posted : June 3, 2021 4:05 am
Share: