Tire tracks at Lake Berryessa

44 Posts
14 Users
0 Reactions
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member
Topic starter

In investigating POI Harvey F. Colliver, forum user Simplicity has made a discovery that also relates to Kjell Qvale. viewtopic.php?p=74112#p74112

Based upon the dimensions of Zodiac’s tire tracks at the Lake Berryessa crime scene, an expert informed Simplicity that Zodiac may have driven a Sunbeam Tiger or a Sunbeam Alpine. These cars were both manufactured in England, the Tiger by Jensen Motors (later bought out by Qvale) and the Alpine by the Rootes Group.

These cars were very rare in the US and none other than Qvale specialized in importing British cars to the US West Coast.

Posted : September 2, 2019 2:42 am
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

In investigating POI Harvey F. Colliver, forum user Simplicity has made a discovery that also relates to Kjell Qvale. viewtopic.php?p=74112#p74112

Based upon the dimensions of Zodiac’s tire tracks at the Lake Herman Road crime scene, an expert informed Simplicity that Zodiac may have driven a Sunbeam Tiger or a Sunbeam Alpine. These cars were both manufactured in England, the Tiger by Jensen Motors (later bought out by Qvale) and the Alpine by the Rootes Group.

These cars were very rare in the US and none other than Qvale specialized in importing British cars to the US West Coast.

Don’t you mean Lake Berryessa?

Posted : September 2, 2019 2:57 am
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Based upon the dimensions of Zodiac’s tire tracks at the Lake Herman Road crime scene, an expert informed Simplicity that Zodiac may have driven a Sunbeam Tiger or a Sunbeam Alpine. These cars were both manufactured in England, the Tiger by Jensen Motors (later bought out by Qvale) and the Alpine by the Rootes Group.

Don’t you mean Lake Berryessa?

Yes. Simplicity posted a photo from Lake Herman Road and I got the crime scenes confused, sorry about that.

Posted : September 2, 2019 3:40 am
(@themist)
Estimable Member

The Alpine has come up before in that thread:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4256&p=69154&hilit=alpine#p69154

Posted : September 2, 2019 7:41 pm
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

This is one of those rare things where the internet can actually be helpful.

If true, I’m not sure what it says about Zodiac’s economic status. Basically, rich guys buy these cars brand new; then quickly trade them in because they’re complete garbage… then, some sucker thinks he’s getting a great deal on a fancy car… :|

Posted : September 20, 2019 4:59 am
(@holmes201)
Honorable Member

Imported cars were driven by professors and teachers back in the 1960s. A Sunbeam is the epitome of an educator’s means of transportation. They think they are really something but in fact are in many cases they are merely first class tight wads. Teachers are notorious cheapskates. Teaching is a rather dead end job. So no money ever comes their way for the most part.

Posted : September 20, 2019 6:15 am
(@holmes201)
Honorable Member

A person who drives around with a crappy car is either a simpleton or a tightwad. To have two different well worn tires on the car speaks volumes as to the class or lack thereof of the Zodiac. Always buy your cars new. You don’t need somebody else’s garbage to drag you down. We have much better cars than were around years ago. An Acura TLX is better than any car made in the old days. Mercedes AMG packages speak for themselves. If you gave me a brand new Sunbeam for free I would not want it. I see many old men own those old sheet boxes. They take them to car shows for something to do. It is depressing to see old people trying to relive their youth.

Posted : September 20, 2019 6:28 am
(@holmes201)
Honorable Member

Just think of what a creepy SOB it would take to drive little English cars. We threw the English the hell out of her years ago. We don’t need their silly kiddie cars around here. Who would buy such a miserable heap of steel junk and drive it around town? Only a goon would do so.

Posted : September 20, 2019 6:36 am
(@holmes201)
Honorable Member

I have said for years that Zodiac was hopped up on LSD. He took those acid pills while he killed people. There is no question about it. His brain was so drugged up that he didn’t know weather he was coming or going. They take those pills and it makes them crazy as all hell.

Posted : September 20, 2019 6:42 am
(@holmes201)
Honorable Member

Ted Kazcynski was a professor and Harvey Colliver was a professor. Both of them are as crazy as a sheet eating dog. Either one of these dorks may have driven a Sunbeam car.

Posted : September 20, 2019 6:47 am
relentlessz
(@relentlessz)
Estimable Member

Man, do I wish Harvey were still alive. You must feel so good about yourself when insulting others.

Posted : September 20, 2019 7:30 am
(@simplicity)
Prominent Member

I need to down play these tire tracks in general. It is not possible for anyone in the public using the information available to make an accurate call about any given car for there is a myriad of unknowns.

Harvey’s car is only interesting because of the apparent mismatched tires, light blue color and the time of the picture all aligning surprisingly well. Sunbeams of these particular models can be placed in the scope of possible cars.

The take away message is it’s exceptionally difficult to highlight any one particular car, there is a small scope of possible cars.

Edit on that note, the very specific models and makes (aside from the sunbeam) that do match relatively well do not match by way of the width of their stock tyres as they are all much wider than what the prints at the scene suggest even with all the variables and possibility dismiss those cars to some certain degree. And sure maybe the owner put smaller tires but then a whole bunch of other issues would come up and it would be dismissed another way.

Truthfully for all my research only johnny cash can summarise what type of car it was, besides Harvey’s Sunbeam :x ;) :https://youtu.be/18cW_yHo3PY -one piece at a time.

Sure a very particular type of corvair, well it’s a 61,63,64 automobile… That is basically what’s going on here, makes me wonder why so much time was spent looking for a shoe or why Mr X was really a suspect.

Yes, dyslexia is probably my first undiagnosed language.

Posted : September 20, 2019 1:45 pm
(@holmes201)
Honorable Member

Man, do I wish Harvey were still alive. You must feel so good about yourself when insulting others.

Why, so he could get whacked out like Tony Pope would have done to Son of Sam if they found out he was the killer.

Posted : September 20, 2019 2:17 pm
(@simplicity)
Prominent Member

Why, so he could get whacked out like Tony Pope would have done to Son of Sam if they found out he was the killer.

I googled these keywords and got a Wikipedia page about “Goofy” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goofy

Yes, dyslexia is probably my first undiagnosed language.

Posted : September 20, 2019 2:31 pm
(@cragle)
Prominent Member

Just think of what a creepy SOB it would take to drive little English cars. We threw the English the hell out of her years ago. We don’t need their silly kiddie cars around here. Who would buy such a miserable heap of steel junk and drive it around town? Only a goon would do so.

Nice :roll:

Posted : September 20, 2019 3:51 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: