Clear all

likelihood of a solution now in 2017

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@guild1995)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

With the release of another zodiac themed movie, I am wondering if the zodiac for once and for all will at some point (if he is alive and not mentally incapacitated), will reveal his identity. The zodiac killer wouldn’t just take the secret with him to the grave would he? I am wondering if their will be any more suspects or children who claim their parents or relatives are the zodiac. Something within me doesn’t want to stop searching and researching for a solution, just like many of you.

Posted : June 12, 2017 12:48 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

With the release of another zodiac themed movie, I am wondering if the zodiac for once and for all will at some point (if he is alive and not mentally incapacitated), will reveal his identity. The zodiac killer wouldn’t just take the secret with him to the grave would he? I am wondering if their will be any more suspects or children who claim their parents or relatives are the zodiac. Something within me doesn’t want to stop searching and researching for a solution, just like many of you.

You can count on it.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : June 12, 2017 1:53 am
ZteveMcQueen
(@ztevemcqueen)
Trusted Member

You can count on it.

Yep. Famous, unsolved murders attract false confessions and people falsely accusing their parents (and step-parents in the case of Gary Stewart). Many people confessed to the JFK assassination, and many accused their parents.

Or take the Black Dahlia murder. People have been confessing to it forever. Some of them weren’t even alive in 1947. Steve Hodel sold a lot of copies of his book accusing his father, George Hill Hodel, of being the Black Dahlia murderer. He then wrote another book accusing his father of being Zodiac.

FWIW, IMO Hodel’s Zodiac book is rubbish. The Black Dahlia book seems more plausible to me, but that might be because I know much less about the Dahlia case than the Zodiac case.

Zodiac was a screwup. He left behind five breathing victims, two survivors, bootprints, possibly fingerprints and palmprints, tiretracks, eyewitnesses, and earwitnesses. If the APB had gone out for a WMA he would have been locked up in ’69.

Posted : December 31, 2020 2:34 am
Share: