(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

https://www.buzzfeed.com/peteraldhous/p … .xxNGM50Pa

Posted : May 18, 2018 9:56 am
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

Thanks Xcal for the link.

Another good thing is that many John and Jane Doe victims will soon hopefully be identified. Interesting stories will unfold in the coming months and years, with some closure and answers for families no doubt.

Posted : May 18, 2018 11:34 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Good, I say!

Thanks for sharing.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : May 18, 2018 8:35 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

In fact it’s EXCELLENT news.

Not only that they have proven success, not they have 20 out of 100 additional matches! And this with Zodiac DNA, too! So there already seem to be a 1:4 chance that they’ll be able to catch Zodiac!!

This is huge news, imo..Zodiac – your cousin will be with you..that’s crackproof.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : May 18, 2018 9:08 pm
(@druzer)
Estimable Member

It certainly makes it seem like they have confidence in their samples.

Posted : May 18, 2018 9:36 pm
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

A couple thoughts on this:

Not a slam dunk at all, in fact somewhat discouraging — if they’re only reporting a 20 percent connection. However, that apparently covers up to 3rd cousins – so more distant relatives may show up in a higher percentage of cases.

Also these are likely better samples than they’ll be able to produce for the Zodiac.

Encouraging though that the cutting edge DNA testing identifies hundreds of thousands of genetic markers, rather than the 20 in conventional testing.

Posted : May 18, 2018 10:30 pm
(@claypooles)
Reputable Member

I say, we’ll see the end of the Zodiac case pretty soon, or at least an important breakthrough.

Posted : May 19, 2018 1:20 am
(@quagmire)
Estimable Member

That’s if anyone can ever successfully lift a full DNA profile of Z from what’s left of the evidence. I’d like to think they could but I’m not filled with confidence.

Posted : May 19, 2018 2:53 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

A Seattle arrest yesterday apparently based on the Parabon/GED Match work.

https://www.terracestandard.com/news/br … -c-couple/

Posted : May 19, 2018 2:59 am
Share: