Clear all

Hill AFB, Utah, and the boots.

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I follow other True Crime cases, mainly big ones. This includes the DB Cooper skyjacking. While listening to a Cooper podcast, the person being interviewed mentioned, briefly, in an aside, something I’ve never heard about the boots (or perhaps shoes) in the Zodiac Killer case.

Steven Rinehart is a talk show host in Utah. He says that an FBI agent told him Z’s footwear was issued at Hill Air Force Base in Utah, near Ogden.

The discussion involved Richard McCoy, a Utah skyjacker who, like Cooper, jumped out of a 727 with a ransom in 1972, a few months after Cooper. Some think he was a Cooper copycat; some think he was Cooper himself.

During the podcast, Rinehart discussed information from FBI and other legal system officials. He also made the case for Utah as a true crime hotspot – Elizabeth Smart, McCoy, etc. That’s how it came up.

The Zodiac mention is basically what I said and no more detail. He does not say whether he means the ones at the canonical crime scenes or others.

Obviously, this was news to me. I have never heard it. Don’t know anything about his source.

Here’s the podcast:

https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-was-mormon-steven-rinehart/

Posted : October 17, 2020 4:42 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

I listen to the same podcast. Lol

Over 100K Wing Walker boots were manufactured in Philadelphia and then shipped to Hill AFB depot before being dispersed to all the Air Force and Navy bases along the West Coast.

The Utah connection has been pretty common knowledge for a while.

Glad to know there is a fellow Vortex fan on here lol

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : October 17, 2020 5:20 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

A few years ago I came up with a pretty decent POI. The more I learned about him the more coincidental things I kept finding. They were really adding up. Eventually I found that the guy was not living in the bay area in 1969. He had moved to Utah a couple years prior, so I discarded all of my research. Kinda wish I would have held onto that information now. The guy looked identical to the Stine composite, and if I remember correctly, he was arrested in Riverside for having a large amount of bombs in his garage right around the time of the Bates murder. He was in the marines and was obsessed with collecting military weapons and vehicles. That is all I can remember off the top of my head.

A few minutes ago on a toilet not very far, far away….

Posted : December 15, 2020 3:26 pm
TommyT
(@tommyt)
Estimable Member

I follow other True Crime cases, mainly big ones. This includes the DB Cooper skyjacking. While listening to a Cooper podcast, the person being interviewed mentioned, briefly, in an aside, something I’ve never heard about the boots (or perhaps shoes) in the Zodiac Killer case.

Steven Rinehart is a talk show host in Utah. He says that an FBI agent told him Z’s footwear was issued at Hill Air Force Base in Utah, near Ogden.

The discussion involved Richard McCoy, a Utah skyjacker who, like Cooper, jumped out of a 727 with a ransom in 1972, a few months after Cooper. Some think he was a Cooper copycat; some think he was Cooper himself.

During the podcast, Rinehart discussed information from FBI and other legal system officials. He also made the case for Utah as a true crime hotspot – Elizabeth Smart, McCoy, etc. That’s how it came up.

The Zodiac mention is basically what I said and no more detail. He does not say whether he means the ones at the canonical crime scenes or others.

Obviously, this was news to me. I have never heard it. Don’t know anything about his source.

Here’s the podcast:

https://thecoopervortex.podbean.com/e/db-cooper-was-mormon-steven-rinehart/

I know this thread is old, but was there ever a mention of an approximate year(s) that these boots were shipped to this Airforce base in Ogden, Utah

Posted : June 4, 2021 10:56 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : June 4, 2021 4:24 pm
Share: