21 K Views
(@snooter)
Reputable Member

Congrats!…still bothers me nobody has yet been held accountable though

Posted : December 13, 2020 1:47 am
glurk
(@glurk)
Prominent Member

Hey all. Congrats to Dave, Jarl and Sam, great work.

For anyone doubting this solution, I took the un-transposed 340, loaded in into ZKDecrypto, and applied the key. Did NOTHING else:

ABSOLUTELY no question that this is the one and only correct solution.

——————————–
I don’t believe in monsters.

Posted : December 13, 2020 2:11 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Please, could you clarify what you do mean with ‘un-transposed 340’?

Thanks

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 13, 2020 2:16 am
(@nieczuje)

Using the key from 4:45 ( https://youtu.be/-1oQLPRE21o?t=285 ) with the Z13 cipher "My name is":
DREA_A_O__EDO

the two characters are not listed, lets say "x" and "y":
DREAxAxOxyEDO

If "x" => M and "y" = I:
DREAMAMOMIEDO
DREAM AMO MIEDO

amo miedo (spanish) => I love fear

My name is:
DREAM I LOVE FEAR

Posted : December 13, 2020 2:28 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Hey all. Congrats to Dave, Jarl and Sam, great work.

For anyone doubting this solution, I took the un-transposed 340, loaded in into ZKDecrypto, and applied the key. Did NOTHING else:
ABSOLUTELY no question that this is the one and only correct solution.

Nice :)

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : December 13, 2020 2:34 am
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin
Topic starter

For anyone doubting this solution, I took the un-transposed 340, loaded in into ZKDecrypto, and applied the key. Did NOTHING else

Thanks for doing that, glurk! And nice to hear from you. Does it find the solution if you unleash zkdecrypto’s solver on the untransposed 340?

http://zodiackillerciphers.com

Posted : December 13, 2020 2:41 am
glurk
(@glurk)
Prominent Member

For anyone doubting this solution, I took the un-transposed 340, loaded in into ZKDecrypto, and applied the key. Did NOTHING else

Thanks for doing that, glurk! And nice to hear from you. Does it find the solution if you unleash zkdecrypto’s solver on the untransposed 340?

Not really. I did try that, and it did come up with part of it for a bit, but then kept going as it thought it had found "better" solutions. I haven’t spent a lot of time with that, though. I’m just happy to see the dang thing solved in my lifetime, LOL!

——————————–
I don’t believe in monsters.

Posted : December 13, 2020 2:53 am
(@druzer)
Estimable Member

Marcelo, that’s an interesting observation. It’s possible he drew on his cipher as one of the last steps, maybe putting random symbols in places to make the cipher look more interesting. And that could explain things like misspellings.

Yes Mr Oranchak :D , he certainly enjoyed these games.I imagine you are exhausted these days. And you will be very busy.

By the way, I remembered an old topic here in the community of @Teg> An
http://www.zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=5031&hilit=typewriter

It was observed that many of the symbols and / or letters were next to each other When we look at the keyboard of a typewriter in Z408.

I observed a similar phenomenon in the keys of 340,

The letter B makes me quite sure that this makes sense, because if we look we have the letter B, the letter N and then the letter B inverted.

Marcelo :)

That was a fascinating thread Marcelo! Great work by Teg>Ean and others. Your graphic is excellent, thanks for posting.

Posted : December 13, 2020 2:58 am
(@luke68)
Trusted Member

Incredible work. Well done Dave.

Posted : December 13, 2020 3:02 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Having watched the video, Dave, my guess is that the "Life is" part actually goes with the "death" at the end.

Life is death.

Congratulations!

Not sure how it fits either way when it comes to the cipher, but I was thinking about "Life is Death" vs. "Death is Life". If one considers what he is talking about….being in Paradice with his slaves…it would seem he would think Death is Life. The afterlife…living forever. He isn’t scared because…death is living. It’s better. And it’s in the bible…as is talk of paradise.

He probably thought he was doing his victims’ a favor. Or he was full of it. Either way… :roll: :)

Great to see you here Glurk!!!!!!!!!!!

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : December 13, 2020 3:48 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Anybody able to show a complete solution before talking about it? Or at least explain what is meant by ‘un-transposed 340‘?

I cite one of the recent posts: "Not really". Maybe I am blind looking for a 1:1 transcription but I will stick on that.

QT
(obviously nobody is responding but gratulating – on WHAT?)

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 13, 2020 3:59 am
(@italianguy)
Eminent Member

About the words “life is”: I think we all agree that they fit better at the end, next to “death”.
I was one of the many proponents of “death is life” as a final sentence.
But I’ve read somewhere an even better interpretation, that should do it.

It just changed the punctuation, so that:

MY NEW LIFE WILL BE AN EASY ONE. IN PARADICE, DEATH IS LIFE.

This makes the most sense to me.
1) It just adds the two words at the end, without breaking the flow of the text. This is much more objective than an insertion here or there, that could be somwhat arbitrary.
2) If this is correct, we can choose between “death life is” and “death is life”, which is a no brainer. If it’s considered too much of a license, we should mind that Zodiac himself took two big licenses, for whatever reason. He split the two words from the main text, and he spelled many words in the last part backwards. So, inverting “life” and “is” holds some kind of “consistency” with the rules.
3) Note that the message already states that “my new life will be an easy one”. Hence, “In Paradice” is a repetition that strenghtens the concept but doesn’t add meaning. The meaning is clear with or without it. So, we can just break the sentence here, before “paradice”.
4) “In paradice, death is life” has a stronger impact and makes more sense than “death is life” alone in a vacuum. Reads much better as a closing statement, also.

Posted : December 13, 2020 4:26 am
Marclean
(@marcelo-leandro)
Prominent Member

Or at least explain what is meant by ‘un-transposed 340’?

Hi Mr Quicktrader :D

The un-transposed cipher refers to the cipher built by the team.

The transposed cipher refers to the cipher that we have always looked at over the years.

u can get this in http://zodiackillerciphers.com/cipher-explorer/

Cheers

Marcelo :)

https://zodiacode1933.blogspot.com/

Posted : December 13, 2020 4:38 am
(@clevoh)

Hello! I just joined this board. So excited to see the Z340 solved and congrats to all involved. You guys are an inspiration.

I’m certainly a total novice so please go light on me. Maybe anything/everything I’m about to toss out has been considered for years and dismissed. However, some humble considerations…

The Z13 could be meant to mean, did you crack my last cipher my name is ___ as meaning his name was in Z340. Or it could be the 13 characters that follow are his name. Or it’s possible his name is in both Z340 as well as the 13 characters in Z13.

What’s interesting is that Z340 shows he has used the moves of a chess board knight to arrange the cipher. Is it possible that he indeed gave his name in Z340 as "Knight" when one takes into account this approach?

Also, when you factor in the undisputed sketches of the Lake Berryessa attack, isn’t in completely clear (or at least very possible) that he was trying to emulate a knight? Whenever I’ve seen the sketches I can’t help but be reminded of The Black Knight in Monty Python’s Holy Grail. Yes, I know that was several years later, but the image still applies. The way he constructed the head piece looks very much like a knight’s helmet. The piece he wears over his shoulder and chest with the Zodiac sign on it, looks like a family crest. And then he pulls out a long knife from a sheath (like a sword) to stab his victims?

I also read something that Quicktrader posted a long while back about the Scotch tape canister and Zodiac saying his name was on it (or at least suggested it) and with a small leap Quicktrader guessed that maybe because the canister had St. Paul Minnesota on the bottom, his name could be Paul Rook, Paul King or Paul Knight. Because in the letter he asks about playing chess and says he has many chess sets in peoples closets.

The Z13 obviously has 13 characters. That allows for Paul (single middle initial) Knight Jr. The sixth character in Z13 is a K.

So, is it possible that he gave his name up in Z340 using the knight cipher approach without saying "My Name Is Paul Knight?"

David

Posted : December 13, 2020 5:52 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

About the words “life is”: I think we all agree that they fit better at the end, next to “death”.
I was one of the many proponents of “death is life” as a final sentence.
But I’ve read somewhere an even better interpretation, that should do it.

It just changed the punctuation, so that:

MY NEW LIFE WILL BE AN EASY ONE. IN PARADICE, DEATH IS LIFE.

This makes the most sense to me.
1) It just adds the two words at the end, without breaking the flow of the text. This is much more objective than an insertion here or there, that could be somwhat arbitrary.
2) If this is correct, we can choose between “death life is” and “death is life”, which is a no brainer. If it’s considered too much of a license, we should mind that Zodiac himself took two big licenses, for whatever reason. He split the two words from the main text, and he spelled many words in the last part backwards. So, inverting “life” and “is” holds some kind of “consistency” with the rules.
3) Note that the message already states that “my new life will be an easy one”. Hence, “In Paradice” is a repetition that strenghtens the concept but doesn’t add meaning. The meaning is clear with or without it. So, we can just break the sentence here, before “paradice”.
4) “In paradice, death is life” has a stronger impact and makes more sense than “death is life” alone in a vacuum. Reads much better as a closing statement, also.

I like that. I hope you don’t mind me sharing at ZodiacKiller.com’s mb. I gave you a shout-out.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : December 13, 2020 6:19 am
Page 8 / 14
Share: