Idell Friedman March 17, 1976 (SF)

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Idell M. Friedman was raped and stabbed to death in her SF apartment on March 17, 1976.
Based on her looks and location and the time frame (first half of 1976), she could be a sixth murder victim in the Gypsy Hill Murders series.

From the SF Chronicle March 19, 1976:

Posted : September 8, 2013 8:27 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Interesting find…which ones are the other five, do you think?

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : September 8, 2013 1:33 pm
truthandsoul
(@truthandsoul)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Interesting find…which ones are the other five, do you think?

QT

The five canonical Gypsy Hill Murder victims are:

Veronica Cascio
Tanya Blackwell
Paula Baxter
Carol Booth
Denise Lampe

Idell Friedman looks like all the above victims, SF is close to San Mateo County, they were all raped and stabbed, and her murder falls between Booth and Lampe chronologically. The only major difference, I see, is that Friedman was killed at her home, while all the others were (abducted? and) murdered outside.

I haven’t completely finished the site, but many articles are collected here:

http://gypsyhillmurders.com/

Posted : September 8, 2013 8:54 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

Thanks..very interesting..

http://www.city-data.com/forum/true-cri … ler-2.html

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : September 9, 2013 2:05 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

The FBI will have a meeting tomorrow 3-6-14 about these Gypsy Hill murders . They are looking to see if they could be connected to a murder in Reno NV. I wonder if they are thinking Joseph Naso could be the killer ? They said 5 victims, so Idell Friedman wasn’t counted in, maybe the DNA didn’t match in her case ? It was on KTVU news at 10 pm 3-5-14 for those who want to check it out.

Posted : March 6, 2014 11:16 am
(@jamesmsv)
Reputable Member

There’s something particularly unsettling about someone who kills so frequently (relatively speaking of course, it’s probably a statement that only followers of cold cases interpret correctly), especially when the spree seems to start and stop so suddenly; leaving the questions ‘has he done this before’ and ‘has he moved on to do this again elsewhere’ hanging ominously.
I have checked out your site, truthandsoul, I was wondering if you knew the name of the chief investigator’s suspect in one of the first articles? Is that where Joseph Naso gets linked to the crimes?

Check out my website: www.darkideas.net

Posted : March 6, 2014 4:38 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

Interesting that some LE felt it could be the work of Zodiac. Don’t forget he did say he would change his way of collecting slaves. We have no way of knowing just how much of a change do we ?
I would at least think about the victims who were not raped. And were some of them raped after death ? I have the feeling that Zodiac couldn’t perform with a live female.
When I saw that a 3 in knife was used and then an 8 in knife, I couldn’t help but think about the 3- 8’s in the cypher, was the killer giving us obscure clues ? Body found near golf courses and near water makes me wonder if Z could have been the killer of some of those girls ?
I have never seen what blood type Zodiac was, have any of you ? A man claiming to be Zodiac who wrote to John Walsh in blood, did anyone say what that blood type was ?
If Robinson’s un-named suspect was arrested in another county for an assault in April (I think it was April 76 ?) It might not be too hard to find out who he was ?

Posted : March 9, 2014 2:08 am
Share: