17 Users
0 Reactions
11.9 K Views
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin
Topic starter

GOOD TIMES NEWSPAPER WRITING, SOME PEOPLE SEE SOME ZODIAC-LIKE QUALITIES IN IT

Here are some interesting handwriting samples I found in early 2008 (before they were posted on TV’s board).

Has a peek-through-the-pines feel to it.

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : April 13, 2013 2:08 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

Great stuff!! That handwriting is very interesting! I have read a few issues of Good Times, but nothing jumped out at me while reading.

A few minutes ago on a toilet not very far, far away….

Posted : June 11, 2013 12:41 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Top one’s not bad but then there are so many people’s styles that are very similar to Z, there’s usually little tells though even in the closest looking ones and that’s just by looking at them. Unravels even more once you start to do close comparisons. There’s at least 2 if not 3 different authors for those notes so you would need to find the provenance behind them to begin with.

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : June 16, 2013 10:41 am
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Good point Trav. Anybody got a complete or semi-complete list of the staff at Good Times? I would be happy to background check each one

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : June 16, 2013 3:46 pm
Patinky
(@patinky)
Estimable Member

Here’s something interesting from http://www.comixjoint.com/sanfranciscogoodtimes.html

FREQUENT NEWSPAPER CONTRIBUTORS:
Marvin Garson – editor
Jack Jackson (aka Jaxon)
Rob Cobb
Greil Marcus
Paul Williams
Marjorie Heins

When in doubt, don’t.

Posted : June 20, 2013 4:00 am
 drew
(@drew)
Estimable Member

Richard supposedly had an apartment on Telegraph Avenue. I wonder if that address in the second picture is his, and it would be interesting to know the date of that particular issue.

Posted : August 17, 2013 7:28 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

The last ‘f’ in the 2nd doc is a very good match to the neutral ons z had used in the Belli letter..

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : August 17, 2013 11:55 pm
(@entropy)
Honorable Member

Here’s one that honestly gives me chills every time I see it. Curious what traveller thinks:

I think it’s a given that we can find handwriting that looks like Zodiac’s in a catalogue of handwritten memos and messages so we need to be careful about drawing conclusions. Mike B. actually has a couple of good blogs about Good Times and the Diggers that contain a few interesting handwriting samples (while poo-pooing the entire idea).

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/blog/l … imes-roll/

Posted : August 18, 2013 12:07 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Yeah it’s pretty good E. You do have an eye for ones that are pretty close. As you say though it’s surprising, or maybe not, how many peoples are similar. I’m still not sure I’ve got a handle on Z’s writing but I’m a little closer than when I started. It’s only taken a few years, so far.

Check this one out. Anyone know who’s it is?

Posted : August 18, 2013 12:17 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

In the first article the plus is perfectly Z style..perfectly.

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : August 18, 2013 4:38 am
Patinky
(@patinky)
Estimable Member

Yeah it’s pretty good E. You do have an eye for ones that are pretty close. As you say though it’s surprising, or maybe not, how many peoples are similar. I’m still not sure I’ve got a handle on Z’s writing but I’m a little closer than when I started. It’s only taken a few years, so far.

Lyrics from "Mary of the Wild Moor" done by Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash.

The writing looks like Zodiac’s.

ETA: a group (person?) called "Vandaveer" also did this song according to Google.

When in doubt, don’t.

Posted : August 18, 2013 6:29 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

ETA: a group (person?) called "Vandaveer" also did this song according to Google.

You got it. It’s Bob Dylan’s handwriting. I just realised I put that as if I didn’t know who’s it was lol. I did of course and I was posting it as an example, one of many, of handwriting that ‘looks’ like Zodiac’s but isn’t.

Posted : August 18, 2013 6:33 am
Patinky
(@patinky)
Estimable Member

You got it. It’s Bob Dylan’s handwriting. I just realised I put that as if I didn’t know who’s it was lol. I did of course and I was posting it as an example, one of many, of handwriting that ‘looks’ like Zodiac’s but isn’t.

Good example. And yet another reason why I shouldn’t be commenting on handwriting. :lol:

When in doubt, don’t.

Posted : August 18, 2013 7:21 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Comment away Pat. I was just using it as an example of what I’ve discovered whilst looking at Zodiac’s handwriting, that being that it’s not as simple as seeing something that looks like it, it’s more than that. None of us are document examiners, that I know of. It’s a bit of an endless hole TBH lol, the more time you spend with it the harder it gets, you start seeing things that you once thought were unique popping up in other handwriting examples.

There is something in Zodiac’s writing though, a pattern, a flow. I guess that’s what I’m trying to uncover by looking at all of his letters. Even that’s not that simple because all handwriting has a pattern and a flow and even those elements can be shared between different people…..but not exactly. It’s getting to be like trying to find the DNA of his writing.

Ever wish you hadn’t started something? lol.

Posted : August 18, 2013 8:36 am
Welsh Chappie
(@welsh-chappie)
Noble Member

I did really like Gaik as a suspect for Z for quite a time. But then it was claimed by some that Gaik was on a tour of Europe at the time Zodiac was known to have been active in San Fran. Certain people who promote Gaik countered that Richard’s passport has not been located and that this, they imply, is suspicious. (I personally do not find anything suspicious about a deceased individual no longer having a passport, but that’s just me).

Then when I saw this article, it eliminated Dick Gaik as a suspect for me:

"So it’s sorta social. Demented and sad, but social, right?" Judd Nelson.

Posted : August 20, 2013 3:06 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: