IS THIS GAIKOWSKI IN IRELAND?

114 Posts
23 Users
0 Reactions
19.1 K Views
(@anonymous)
Noble Member
Topic starter

People’s Democracy March. January 1st 1969 to January 4th 1969. Belfast to Derry. The attack at Burntollet.
What do you reckon to the likeness? Somebody gave me this image.

Posted : July 20, 2017 10:44 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

I seem to remember this posted at zodiackiller.com.

I don’t think it is Gaikowski. imo

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : July 20, 2017 11:02 pm
(@druzer)
Estimable Member

I think that in combination with the evidence that Richard was in Ireland covering the story (the article he wrote for the Knickerbocker Jan 31) this is compelling.

Posted : July 21, 2017 12:05 am
(@druzer)
Estimable Member

Correction: Richard was mentioned in the Jan 31, 1969 knickerbocker article, he didn’t write it. Grinell covers the issue very well on his site. http://www.zodiacciphers.com/zodiac-new … 0gaikowski

Posted : July 21, 2017 12:12 am
(@woodenigloo)
Trusted Member

I think that Gyke’s Ireland Sojourn" was a fantasy! Why do I say that? Because Gyke never held a US passport according to the State Department!

Posted : July 21, 2017 1:01 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

I don’t care what anyone says about Gyke not being in Ireland, that he didn’t write the article??? Really , funny that he walked in that march and interviewed two men that were also in the march. I contacted one of the men to ask if indeed a reporter interviewed them during the march, the man told me that was true he and his friend were interviewed by a American reporter. He couldn’t remember the reporters name, but that was good enough for me. Gyke couldn’t have known their names unless he was that reporter.
Thank goodness this is about to be over hopefully in June! I am so tired of seeing a innocent man being persecuted by the public because of some guy who thought his friend-lover was Zodiac.

Posted : May 11, 2018 5:19 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

I think that Gyke’s Ireland Sojourn" was a fantasy! Why do I say that? Because Gyke never held a US passport according to the State Department!

Do you have a letter or document from the State Department partment that proves that? Can you post it here?

Because it seems very odd that a major newspaper would lie and present a false story, claiming that a reporter was overseas in the Ireland covering demonstrations, when in fact he never left the country.

So please post the letter or document from the State Department epartment that proves Gaikowski never had a passport.

Posted : May 11, 2018 10:13 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

None of this matters.

Even if it can be proven — or disproven — where Gaikowski was in early 1969, it won’t change a thing. All that matters is where he was the night of Dec. 20, 1968.

From San Francisco, he could have been in Ireland in about 10 hours.

Leigh Allen lived in Vallejo but nobody can say for sure where he was that night. Maybe he was in Ireland, too.

And I have never let any uncorroborated claims from Blaine influence my opinion of Gaikowski, and I especially have not presented those unproven claims as though they were true.

Where someone was in early 1969 is not proof of where they were two weeks earlier.

Posted : May 12, 2018 2:07 am
 drew
(@drew)
Estimable Member

Tom, didn’t Bob Loomis initially tell you that Richard spent a couple weeks at his house in December, 1968, and then changed the story when he looked over the case against Gyke?

Posted : May 12, 2018 5:16 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Tom, didn’t Bob Loomis initially tell you that Richard spent a couple weeks at his house in December, 1968, and then changed the story when he looked over the case against Gyke?

No, he did remember telling Blaine that, but by the time I interviewed him, and he knew it was a Zodiac deal, he said he felt the stay was a bit later.

Posted : May 12, 2018 5:42 am
 drew
(@drew)
Estimable Member

Okay, thanks.

Posted : May 12, 2018 6:04 am
(@woodenigloo)
Trusted Member

AK, it doesn’t really matter if I have any proof of the search or not.

Tom is right when he says "Dec 20,1968" is the only important date.

By the way, it wasn’t a FOIA Search, it was a search that took 4 months and was done by my Congressman’s Office.

Thanks

Posted : May 12, 2018 7:46 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

Well as I understand it Gaikowski went to Ireland in September of 1968 and there’s evidence he covered marches, demonstrations and riots in October and December of 1968. Then we also know that he was in Ireland in January of 1969.

So the question becomes is it practical to think that he was in Ireland through the fall and winter of 1968 covering events there, but then paid the huge expense to fly home to California, get off the plane and go hunting for teens to shoot in lovers lanes, and then in January get back on the plane and fly back to Ireland?

Is it technically possible that someone could do that? I suppose it is. But is it practicable or at all realistic to think that he would have the money or the inclination to do such a thing? I don’t think it is. I don’t think the newspaper would pay the expense of having him fly home for a week around Christmas and then pay to fly him back to Ireland.

And as far as your statement that Gaikowski never had a passport, either produce the letter or documents proving this, or your statement means nothing. Blaine himself stated that Gaikowski showed Narlow his passport. And there is abundant evidence that Gaikowski was in Ireland in the fall and winter of 1968 and the winter of 1969, covering events and writing articles about them.

Actually one good thing about this discussion is it has prompted me to follow through and do something I stated that I would try to do a long time ago, which is obtain Gaikowski’s FBI file. Morf checked with Tom for me, and Tom stated that he would pay any expenses, in the unlikely event that they are over $50.

So with that understanding I will finally follow through and do that, I got sidetracked before with other investigations and research I was doing that I considered more important,, but I will follow through and do that and post most or all of the file, whatever it says good or bad, incriminating or exculpatory. And of course I will give a full copy to Tom, and Drew, and anyone else who is interested and asks for it.

Posted : May 12, 2018 9:03 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

Well as I understand it Gaikowski went to Ireland in September of 1968

There is no evidence Gaikowski was overseas any earlier than a week or more into January 1969.

Posted : May 12, 2018 7:23 pm
(@woodenigloo)
Trusted Member

If Gyke went overseas, it was with a stolen or forged passport, The State Dept was very firm about that, my congressional office wouldn’t allow me to make copies of any of the documents. Sorry. Looking back, I should have gotten a typed letter on their letterhead stating that I did the search.

Wood

Posted : May 12, 2018 10:54 pm
Page 1 / 8
Share: