Clear all

1974 Letters sent from San Rafael

15 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I’m new here but after quickly reviewing the case, Richard Reed Marshall aka Joe Don Dickey is my favourite Zodiac suspect.

The Abilene Reporter-News. July 06, 1975 – Joe Don Dickey of San Rafael

"The police shall never catch me, because I have been too clever for them.

1 I look like the description passed out only when I do my thing, the rest of the time I look entirle different."

"One of the responding officers that night was Donald Fouke, who gave a pretty detailed description of a lone male lumbering on the north side of Jackson Street, somewhat limping motion."

I read a report that Rick Marshall walked similar to that description.

Rick Marshall also lived in Riverside like Cheri Jo Bates – she worked part-time at Riverside National Bank and maybe knew her killer from there.

I read a report that SFPD cleared him in 2008 on his death bed. On what evidence was he cleared please? Thank you.

Posted : May 27, 2017 3:56 am
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

1969: “The suspect that was observed by officer Fouke was a WMA 35-45 Yrs about five-foot, ten inches, 180-200 pounds. Medium heavy build- Barrel chested- Medium complexion- Light-colored hair possibly greying in rear (May have been lighting that caused this effect.) Crew cut- wearing glasses- Dressed in dark blue waist length zipper type jacket (Navy or royal blue) Elastic cuffs and waist band zipped part way up. Brown wool pants pleated type baggy in rear (Rust brown) May have been wearing low cut shoes. Subject at no time appeared to be in a hurry walking with a shuffling lope, Slightly bent forward. The subject’s general appearance- Welsh ancestry.”

Read first sentence – shuffling

From last sentence. "brighten the lives of all he shuffles by."

Posted : May 30, 2017 2:06 am
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Rick Marshall had a crew cut at the time of Shepard-Hartnell stabbings. Stine murder was only 2 weeks later.

Witnesses at the Stine scene provided this description: “White Male Adult, in his early forties, 5’8", heavy build, reddish-blond ‘crew cut’ hair, wearing eyeglasses, dark brown trousers, dark (navy blue or black) ‘Parka’ jacket, dark shoes.” This description was subsequently adjusted for the SFPD composite sketch which published this description: WMA 35-45 years old, 5’8" Reddish brown hair, Crewcut, Heavy Rim Glasses, Navy blue or black jacket.

*In 1969, Marshall lived in a basement on Scott Street in San Francisco. The location was within a few miles of Zodiac’s only San Francisco crime scene.

Posted : May 30, 2017 2:26 am
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

The Zodiac was in Alta Plaza Park. Jackson Street above, Scott Street left to park on map. The Zodiac would have worked out his escape route to and from the park before committing his murder of Paul Stine. IMO to Scott Street basement home of Rick Marshall.

Posted : May 30, 2017 3:07 am
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

115 Scott Street

Does anyone know Rick Marshall’s house number on Scott Street? 115 looks similar. Thanks.

Posted : May 30, 2017 4:03 am
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

2 As of yet I have left no fingerprints behind me contrary to what the police
say in my killings I wear transparent fingertip guards. All it is is 2 coats of
airplane cement coated on my fingertips — quite unnoticible + very efective

Boeing Airplane

"What you do not know is whether the death machine is at the sight or whether it is
being stored in my basement for future use."

Posted : May 30, 2017 4:44 am
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin

2 As of yet I have left no fingerprints behind me contrary to what the police
say in my killings I wear transparent fingertip guards. All it is is 2 coats of
airplane cement coated on my fingertips — quite unnoticible + very efective

Boeing Airplane

"What you do not know is whether the death machine is at the sight or whether it is
being stored in my basement for future use."

Marshall was a strong early suspect, but was checked out well. And his writing here does not match zodiac’s

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : May 30, 2017 5:53 am
(@yoursecretpal)
Estimable Member

I always assumed airplane cement was model airplane glue…hmm

http://TheZodiacKiller.com

Posted : May 30, 2017 8:08 am
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Scene 64 – Morrill Again

Graysmith obtains a sample of what he believes to be the writing of suspect Richard Marshall. He then consults with Sherwood Morrill and learns that the expert considers Marshall’s writing to be “the closest I’ve ever seen” to the writing of the Zodiac.

Navy bootprint found at the murder scene at Riverside. Rick Marshall was a Navy man.

This looks like Rick Marshall

Posted : May 30, 2017 8:39 pm
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Scar over right eye and blonde hair

Posted : May 30, 2017 9:20 pm
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Let’s start with blue eyes.

How many Zodiac witnesses reported blue eyes?

Posted : May 30, 2017 9:30 pm
(@yoursecretpal)
Estimable Member

The only witnesses I know of mentioning blue eyes were from the 1963 murders of Domingos/Edwards and Vern C. Smith. The suspect "Sandy" .

http://TheZodiacKiller.com

Posted : May 31, 2017 12:31 am
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you, I will look into that lead.

I found this from another forum post concerning the Mikado.

"Earlier this week, acting on a tip from another board member, I contacted a senior member of the Lamplighters theater group who was actually performing the Mikado in SF in 1969. We had a very interesting conversation that I want to get down before I forget.

He was very familiar with the Zodiac’s references to Gilbert and Sullivan (I know doodely squat about this subject btw). At the time of the Z crimes, the Lamplighters were all wondering who amongst them might be the Zodiac. A viable suspect never surfaced. I asked about anyone that may have been a regular patron, monetary contributor, anyone sitting in the back row with a hood swinging a knife around, etc., nothing. He said the stage hands and other mechanical types were all volunteers with a deep interest in theater, no strangers being paid a minimum wage.

He said they performed the Mikado about ever four months.

I also contacted the librarian of the Lamplighters. She said they no longer have any written records of contributors or patrons from back then, but they do have a 2,000 member database of people who have been associated with the Lamplighters over the years. She will not distribute the list but she will confirm if a POIs name is on it.

Got an email back from the Librarian at the Lamplighters today. She checked the 2,000 name database for the following names I gave her:

Richard Gaikowski
Arthur Leigh Allen
Larry Kane (or Cane)
Mr. X (real name)
Rick Marshall
Gareth Penn

One name was a on it!

Rick Marshall.

Posted : May 31, 2017 1:36 am
(@pathfinder)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

There was something said about him being from Lubbock, Texas and older people here saying the term "fiddle and fart around."

Rick Marshall was from Lubbock.

Posted : June 2, 2017 12:06 pm
(@billbrasky)
Estimable Member

i do not have any real evidence to add.

But Rick Marshall would be my first choice to interview of all suspects.

He just always pops back up.

Posted : June 3, 2017 8:39 pm
Share: