Question About Cutting The Bathing Suit

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I am certainly not an expert on this case. Meaning that I know there are others here far more knowledgeable about this case than me. That is why I am asking this question.

From my memory, I seem to recall police stating that Linda Edwards bathing suit top had been cut with a knife, exposing her breasts. A deliberate act, as opposed to the top being accidently torn off during the dragging. And I presume police could tell this by examining the top and seeing that it had indeed been cut.

Is this in fact accurate? If so, can somebody point me to (or post) a newspaper article stating this, or better yet an excerpt from a police report?

Posted : April 24, 2019 12:48 am
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : April 24, 2019 1:55 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks much. Interesting, so confirmed that the bathing suit was cut away, but also the panties as well.

Posted : April 24, 2019 2:46 am
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

Thanks much. Interesting, so confirmed that the bathing suit was cut away, but also the panties as well.

cut and ripped, it is only a newspaper article. I don’t put to much faith in them. Is there a coroners report floating about?
and the interest is?

Posted : April 24, 2019 5:15 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Yes if anyone has a copy of the police report which states what was observed about the clothing, of course that would be even better. If anyone can direct me to, or post, an excerpt from the police report or Coroner’s report with the details of the cutting of her clothes, and the stacking of the bodies, that would be much appreciated. In the absence of that I can rely upon the newspaper article, which gives the information from the police, but obviously be much better to have the actual report.

My primary interest is the possible relationship between the Domingos – Edward’s unsolved murders and unsolved murders in the Midwest that share some very rare characteristics with this crime. These shared characteristics include a male-female couple being killed, the female body being stacked up on the male body, no rape or molestation but the Killer deliberately exposes the breasts of the female victim and the panties of the female victim.

The police departments in the midwest that I contacted were very interested in the similarities between these cases, and some progress was made, one Police Department even issued a press release saying that the Zodiac Killer was now a suspect in their unsolved murder case, but it stalled out because at that time because there was not DNA from the Zodiac Killer case or from my POI in the Zodiac and Midwest cases. Progress has been made on all of these fronts, and it caused me to renew my interest in seeing if comparisons can be made in these cases.

Posted : April 24, 2019 8:45 am
buyerninety
(@buyerninety)
Estimable Member

I assume John B. Averitt has seen the police report, or at least
discussed it with (former) Detective Bill Baker. Possibly Tom
Voigt has seen it, but I couldn’t find it on his site.

It’s reasonably stated (presumably from abrasion evidence) that
Domingos was dragged face down and Edwards was dragged face up,
the autopsy photos on Tom’s site do not contradict this.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/zodiack … t8245.html
(You will note the autopsy photo appears to show a mark approximately
in the region of Edwards lower sternum, which could be a nick mark
caused by a knife inserted under the centre join piece of a female
bathing top. Unfortunately, the curve of the ribs prevents us from
seeing if this may instead be another bullet entry wound.)
Possibly Tom Voigt has a crime scence photo that shows the
bathing top, or rather part of it, emerging from under Edwards
body – this would be suggestive of the top being cut in front
whilst Edwards was laid facing up (in the shack, of course)
and the part of the top falling away to the side but not falling
fully away due to the weight of Edwards body on the remainder
of the top.

Dragging someone 30 feet from, or from the region about, a creek bed
could cause their clothing to snag on small embedded rocks and break
or rip, that’s why I do not take it as a certainty that Edwards
top was ‘cut with a knife’. (John B. Averitt cites from a newspaper
report that "shell casings from a .22 caliber weapon were found
near the creek bed", 03:15 ; )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEAa4k3sXnw

Perhaps you should ask John B. Averitt to clarify if the (late)
Ray Pinker’s forensic report definately states the bathing top was
‘cut with a knife’. In his video’s, John B. Averitt states about
the bathing suit being cut with a knife as if he had seen it
factually stated in a forensic report.

Good luck with your recent progress, particularly in regard to the
Bennallack killing – the suspect likeness in that case strike me
as resembling the LB killings suspect.

Posted : April 24, 2019 1:47 pm
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Good information and good advice. Thanks.

Sometime today I will post on the Bennallack topic thread, illustrating exactly what you mentioned. That’s the other interesting development, that I did not know about, that there is a full nuclear DNA profile of the Bennallack killer, from when he cut his hand at the crime scene. The home invasion knife murder of a young woman also matches crimes in this Midwest series.

Posted : April 24, 2019 4:02 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

Probably shouldn’t mention this since it will just add more confusion but I distinctly remember reading about another case of a couple being murdered and their bodies found on top on each other. I believe it was somewhere in Southern California, it was a young couple, hispanic I want to say but it might have just been their sur-names, However they were found in an irrigation ditch and police believed their bodies ended up on top of each other due to being rolled down an embankment into the ditch. I have tried and tried to find that report again but have never been able to. I think it was posted here in regards to Domingo/Edwards.

Posted : April 24, 2019 6:54 pm
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Not sure exactly what case you’re talking about. It might be the Alameda County case which Morf has researched and posted on before. In that case a male-female couple was killed, both had Hispanic surnames, I believe Martinez and Rodriguez. But I don’t think their bodies were found together. That case does have many similarities to Zodiac crimes.

More likely you might be thinking of the Hood – Garcia case. Mr. Hood was a decorated Vietnam veteran who was at the beach with his fiance Ms. Garcia. They were killed not too far from where the Domingos – Edwards killing took place. Like that case, the couple was at a beach, and they were covered with a blanket, and while not placed on top of each other, it appears they were posed together under the blanket.

So it does have many interesting similarities to the Domingos -Edwards case. Thanks for bringing it up.

Posted : April 24, 2019 11:31 pm
CuriousCat
(@curiouscat)
Noble Member

No, none of those cases. I’m not sure it was in Southern California, not sure about the names, but I distinctly remember the part that they were found on top of each other and police believing they were in that position due to being thrown into the ditch. I only posted it hoping someone else will remember the details.

Posted : April 25, 2019 1:36 am
Share: