Clear all

Ross Sullivan

2,394 Posts
118 Users
174 Reactions
377.5 K Views
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member

I’ve had a suspicion–and I emphasize, "suspicion"–that RPD refuses to DNA test or otherwise cooperate with us "amateurs" because it’s afraid Bates’ killer will be revealed as other than their suspect, "Bob Barnett." My question is: what kind of evidence must we present so police agencies will take us seriously, and investigate our suspicions? With the wealth of info this and other boards have accumulated, I believe the facts are available to have the Bates case solved and, very probably, the traditional Zodiac murders.

Posted : February 8, 2018 8:56 pm
Zresearch
(@zresearch)
Reputable Member

I’ve had a suspicion–and I emphasize, "suspicion"–that RPD refuses to DNA test or otherwise cooperate with us "amateurs" because it’s afraid Bates’ killer will be revealed as other than their suspect, "Bob Barnett." My question is: what kind of evidence must we present so police agencies will take us seriously, and investigate our suspicions? With the wealth of info this and other boards have accumulated, I believe the facts are available to have the Bates case solved and, very probably, the traditional Zodiac murders.

The bates case seems like it could be easily solved through DNA.

There is a wealth of evidence which could be very valuable in modern times, such as the 4 brown Caucasian head hairs founds on bates’ body.

As to why riverside would refuse to allow the DNA from these hairs to be tested against any and all of the bates suspects, as well as zodiac suspects, I have no idea.

Perhaps you would need an active member of the law enforcement community, one with a good deal of respect influence, working with you.

Posted : February 9, 2018 6:56 pm
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member

ZResearch: If you’re acquainted with a LE official interested in the Bates case, please send him/her my way. My POI is, IMO, at least as interesting as Sullivan. I can’t blurt out his name, as I believe he’s still alive. For openers, his initials are RH.

Posted : February 9, 2018 9:08 pm
(@chris9065)

I know Sullivan lived in Santa Cruz. but did he also lived in san Francisco, Vallejo, or Lake Berryessa at the time of the murders?? And is there any connections/links between him and the other victims besides Cheri Jo Bates?

Posted : February 10, 2018 12:28 am
Zresearch
(@zresearch)
Reputable Member

ZResearch: If you’re acquainted with a LE official interested in the Bates case, please send him/her my way. My POI is, IMO, at least as interesting as Sullivan. I can’t blurt out his name, as I believe he’s still alive. For openers, his initials are RH.

Unfortunately I do not personally know any law enforcement.

Most active law enforcement agents who are interested in or working on homicide investigations are already incredibly busy on active cases, and simply do not have the time or energy for work on a famous unsolved cold-case like zodiac.

If I encounter anybody in the law enforcement community who might be able to help, there is no doubt that I will send them in the direction of this investigation.

…even if you guys manage to a find a retired law enforcement officer who has connections this could be a huge help.

As for the RH on the desk, unlike many, I feel it likely was the authors initials, so if your suspect is an "RH", than that is a huge plus.

Posted : February 12, 2018 6:25 pm
Spiderhawk
(@spiderhawk)
Trusted Member

I know Sullivan lived in Santa Cruz. but did he also lived in san Francisco, Vallejo, or Lake Berryessa at the time of the murders?? And is there any connections/links between him and the other victims besides Cheri Jo Bates?

Yes id like to know the answer to this too.
anyone??

…a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Posted : February 13, 2018 12:00 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member

In reading the threads it sounds like he’s not the NorCal guy because he was too tall.

Yes he could have been hunched over, and yes witnesses can mistake height, yada-yada . . . but too many people have him half a foot shorter than he was.

Posted : February 14, 2018 12:27 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

anyone??

No proof he lived in any of these locations.

Some have speculated he may have since his siblings (at one point or another) lived in the SF vicinity. (To make a long story short.) ;)

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : February 14, 2018 12:40 am
Spiderhawk
(@spiderhawk)
Trusted Member

anyone??

Some have speculated he may have since his siblings (at one point or another) lived in the SF vicinity. (To make a long story short.) ;)

thank you Tahoe.The writing, appearance and bates evidence is compelling, but my rule of thumb with any serious candidate for an unsub serial killer, (sans something definite like DNA evidence)is you have to be able to at least place them in the same locale for them to be a serious suspect.

whats the latest from the TV show? is it over? what are the conclusions? any serious evidence come out of it?

…a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

Posted : February 14, 2018 1:18 am
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin
Topic starter

anyone??

Actually Gerald Katz stated that he split time between SF & Santa Cruz, but no paper trail exists of that. And I ask this question-if Ross wasn’t in the SF bay area, and didn’t drive or was confined to Santa Cruz, then why would his own brother think he was Zodiac?

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : February 14, 2018 2:32 am
(@snooter)
Reputable Member

We just need 1 solid explicit link where the F ross resided in the bay area…id just take a bread crumb from somebody at a mental facility to say …..here is what i remember…yet we have zilch…..

Posted : February 14, 2018 2:55 am
Paul_Averly
(@paul_averly)
Prominent Member

Actually Gerald Katz stated that he split time between SF & Santa Cruz, but no paper trail exists of that. And I ask this question-if Ross wasn’t in the SF bay area, and didn’t drive or was confined to Santa Cruz, then why would his own brother think he was Zodiac?

It would be harder to believe that Ross was never in SF at all. Would he move that far up the state and never visit SF? We have established there was a ymca he could stay at. His brother lived there at the time. SF is a very quick drive up the coast from Santa Cruz.

Ross never setting foot in SF would be very far fetched.

Posted : February 14, 2018 2:57 am
Paul_Averly
(@paul_averly)
Prominent Member

We just need 1 solid explicit link where the F ross resided in the bay area…id just take a bread crumb from somebody at a mental facility to say …..here is what i remember…yet we have zilch…..

It could be what Katz said. If Ross was in and out of ymca hotels, flop houses and rented rooms, there is not going to be much of a paper trail.

I will point out that in 1974 Z mailed a letter from a peninsula zip code. That is very significant to Ross, as the Zip is directly in-between Santa Cruz and SF. Most importantly the Zip represents the area Ross would have been when he was released from Agnews in 1974.

Posted : February 14, 2018 2:59 am
(@snooter)
Reputable Member

No explicit links exist beyond ross’s associstion with bates…its not a deal breaker on ross by any means..but it means more needs to be found/known which can be very frustrating at times in regards to this whole z rabbit hole of mental anguish

Posted : February 14, 2018 2:42 pm
Zresearch
(@zresearch)
Reputable Member

In reading the threads it sounds like he’s not the NorCal guy because he was too tall.

Yes he could have been hunched over, and yes witnesses can mistake height, yada-yada . . . but too many people have him half a foot shorter than he was.

Aside from height Ross appears to be a rather skinny individual. He definitely does not appear to be the "stocky but not fat" man which zodiac is frequently described as. Ross also does not appear to have a "large face" in proportion to his body.

The "four brown Caucasian head hairs" found on the body of cheri jo also raise questions in relation to ross in my mind. Ross appeared to have blonde hair, not Sandy blonde, or strawberry blonde, or light brown, but blonde.

Was the length of these "four Caucasian head hairs" specified? Were the hairs consistent in length to the length of hair which ross had at the time of the murder? (I understand the hairs could have been fragments, but if the fragments were longer than Ross’s hair then it might indicate they were not his. )

A DNA sample from a relative of Ross, or a preserved sample of Ross’s DNA, compared to the DNA obtained from the hair, watch, or cigarette butt from the crime scene could easily confirm or eliminate Ross as a suspect. If one seriously wants to make progress in this case than DNA testing is going to be essential.

Posted : February 14, 2018 6:45 pm
Page 151 / 160
Share: