Eureka Card mailed 1990 to the SF Chronicle

273 Posts
55 Users
0 Reactions
37 K Views
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

Nobody has proved the keys belonged to Klingel and nobody has even shown he lived in Eureka in 1990. If the obituary is correct he didn’t live in Eureka in 1990. If the obituary is wrong and he lived in Eureka in 1990, then when his wife, Blandina died in September 1993, why would a 67-year-old man bury his beloved wife 370 miles away from where he lived, meaning a 740 mile round trip to put flowers on her grave.

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : April 27, 2021 5:41 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

Propaganda. Klingel, really shouldn’t be discussed in relation to this card.

Posted : April 27, 2021 5:46 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

OK
:lol:

Posted : April 27, 2021 11:26 pm
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

A Machine Identification Code (MIC),
also known as printer steganography, yellow dots, tracking dots or secret dots, is a digital watermark which certain color laser printers and copiers leave on every single printed page, allowing identification of the device with which a document was printed and giving clues to the originator. Developed by Xerox and Canon in the mid-1980s, its existence became public only in 2004. In 2018, scientists developed privacy software to anonymize prints in order to support whistleblowers publishing their work.

just wondering if they ever checked for this..

Posted : April 28, 2021 1:07 am
(@coffee-time)
Honorable Member

Why did LE dig through his garbage and test for DNA if he can’t be connected to the keys…?

Posted : April 28, 2021 4:33 am
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

And why would anyone think Zodiac had anything to do with NASA?

Zodiac used Apollo stamps…

Thirteen Hole Postcard, October 5th 1970, 1 X Apollo 8 Moon Orbit stamp.

Halloween Card, October 27th 1970, 1 X Apollo 8 Moon Orbit stamp.

and…

The Jensen/Faraday murder Dec 20, 1968 (they were shot ca. 11:14 so 45 minutes to Dec 21) APOLLO 8 launch , Dec 21 1968

Paul Stine murder Oct 11, 1969 , the exact 1 year anniversary of the APOLLO 7 launch Oct 11 1968

Thank you, TF. Some of that I knew. Some of it I didn’t. I mean, as long as people are trying to suss out secret meanings from the stamps …. :mrgreen: :D

Also, in abbreviated form:

Joseph Bates (assuming Z sites have identified the right Joseph Bates) worked at the Naval Ordnance Laboratory, which tested Navy missiles at its Corona facility. He also worked for Lockheed, a major missile/aerospace company. He also worked for Motorola on the X-15 program, a NASA program run primarily by North American Aviation. mainly at Edwards AFB. Motorola actually had a plant in Riverside in the early 1960s.

Vandenberg AFB, which was selling the lot number of the ammunition in the Domingos/Edwards case, was a missile test range. The military and intelligence services launched satellites there. There was a missile test on the day of the murders.

Joyce Walker worked for Space Technologies Laboratory, the masterminds of the American ICBM program. Its parent company TRW was a major spacecraft/satellite contractor. STL had field offices at Vandenburg and Edwards AFBs.

The father in the Boles Family Murders was an aerospace engineer at Hughes Aircraft. The wife also worked at HAC.

Skaggs Island (near Vallejo) and Centreville Beach (relatively near Eureka) each used satellites to track Russian subs. Skaggs Island had a codebreakers unit. I don’t know about Centreville. Alternatively, Mare Island built subs armed with nuclear missiles.

That’s four unsolved Southern California murders that, to varying degrees, have been suggested as possible Z crimes and have, to varying degrees, links to the aerospace industry of Southern California, which was huge at the time. That’s a 35,000 foot view, and maybe none of them end up being Z crimes, eventually. But it’s more of a possible connection than we’ve gotten so far, IMO. It’s the only thing I know of that might connect D/E and CJB.

So yes, when I found out that a guy whose keys might have been photocopied and mailed by Zodiac worked in that industry, it drew my attention.

Posted : April 28, 2021 5:27 pm
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

Why would the Zodiac be an associate of Chester Klingel, and not Chester Klingel?
/quote]

Has he not been cleared? That seems to be the conventional wisdom at certain Z websites.

Posted : April 28, 2021 5:33 pm
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

I should add as background: A lot of people think of NASA as something that happens in Florida. Actually, a lot of it happened/s in Los Angeles and Southern California. Aerospace was up there with entertainment for biggest industry in LA in the Sixties.

Posted : April 28, 2021 8:52 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

So yes, when I found out that a guy whose keys might have been photocopied and mailed by Zodiac worked in that industry, it drew my attention.

Do you have any idea how prolific "that industry" was? I don’t think so.

Posted : April 28, 2021 9:58 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

And why would anyone think Zodiac had anything to do with NASA?

Zodiac used Apollo stamps…

Thirteen Hole Postcard, October 5th 1970, 1 X Apollo 8 Moon Orbit stamp.

Halloween Card, October 27th 1970, 1 X Apollo 8 Moon Orbit stamp.

and…

The Jensen/Faraday murder Dec 20, 1968 (they were shot ca. 11:14 so 45 minutes to Dec 21) APOLLO 8 launch , Dec 21 1968

Paul Stine murder Oct 11, 1969 , the exact 1 year anniversary of the APOLLO 7 launch Oct 11 1968

Thank you, TF. Some of that I knew. Some of it I didn’t. I mean, as long as people are trying to suss out secret meanings from the stamps …. :mrgreen: :D

Also, in abbreviated form:

Joseph Bates (assuming Z sites have identified the right Joseph Bates) worked at the Naval Ordnance Laboratory, which tested Navy missiles at its Corona facility. He also worked for Lockheed, a major missile/aerospace company. He also worked for Motorola on the X-15 program, a NASA program run primarily by North American Aviation. mainly at Edwards AFB. Motorola actually had a plant in Riverside in the early 1960s.

Vandenberg AFB, which was selling the lot number of the ammunition in the Domingos/Edwards case, was a missile test range. The military and intelligence services launched satellites there. There was a missile test on the day of the murders.

Joyce Walker worked for Space Technologies Laboratory, the masterminds of the American ICBM program. Its parent company TRW was a major spacecraft/satellite contractor. STL had field offices at Vandenburg and Edwards AFBs.

The father in the Boles Family Murders was an aerospace engineer at Hughes Aircraft. The wife also worked at HAC.

Skaggs Island (near Vallejo) and Centreville Beach (relatively near Eureka) each used satellites to track Russian subs. Skaggs Island had a codebreakers unit. I don’t know about Centreville. Alternatively, Mare Island built subs armed with nuclear missiles.

That’s four unsolved Southern California murders that, to varying degrees, have been suggested as possible Z crimes and have, to varying degrees, links to the aerospace industry of Southern California, which was huge at the time. That’s a 35,000 foot view, and maybe none of them end up being Z crimes, eventually. But it’s more of a possible connection than we’ve gotten so far, IMO. It’s the only thing I know of that might connect D/E and CJB.

May I ask when did Joesph Bates work at Lockheed ? In the early or mid 60’s my POI work there as a wing walker for them. Also has the RH initials.

Posted : April 29, 2021 9:15 am
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)
Trusted Member

May I ask when did Joesph Bates work at Lockheed ? In the early or mid 60’s my POI work there as a wing walker for them. Also has the RH initials.

"Shut Up, Little Man!" ? :mrgreen:

“Nobody called him Arthur.”

Posted : April 29, 2021 4:28 pm
(@nick-no-nora)
Honorable Member

The most I know about it. It says early 1960s. I wish it said where.

http://www.ihsf.org/Collections/BatesCollection.html

This bio has been linked to from Z websites. All of this assumes it’s the right Joseph Bates. I have no reason to think it isn’t.

At what location did your POI work?

A little more on Lockheed here. The big thing is that it was prime contractor on the Polaris sub-launched nuclear missile, which would apply to Mare Island.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=478&start=90

Posted : April 29, 2021 6:39 pm
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

"Shut Up, Little Man!" ? :mrgreen:

Haha.

Posted : April 30, 2021 6:18 am
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

The most I know about it. It says early 1960s. I wish it said where.

http://www.ihsf.org/Collections/BatesCollection.html

This bio has been linked to from Z websites. All of this assumes it’s the right Joseph Bates. I have no reason to think it isn’t.

At what location did your POI work?

A little more on Lockheed here. The big thing is that it was prime contractor on the Polaris sub-launched nuclear missile, which would apply to Mare Island.

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/viewtop … 8&start=90

Thank you and never knew that about Joseph. As for my POI I can’t remember exactly but know it was in southern CA. Sounds about right time my POI would have work there. He work as a janitor in SF in the later 60’s .

Posted : April 30, 2021 6:22 am
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

Think it’s pretty wild my POI may have worked with Joseph Bates at Lockheed. Sorry to hijack the topic and anything new on the Eureka card ?

Posted : May 6, 2021 10:59 am
Page 15 / 19
Share: