Eureka Card mailed 1990 to the SF Chronicle

273 Posts
55 Users
0 Reactions
37.6 K Views
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

tgoz, I am not sure if you are aware of the opinion of document examiner Lloyd Cunningham who looked at this card back around the time Fincher’s Zodiac movie was released. This was his opinion-

The entire article can be read here-

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Zodi … 644828.php

My opinion is that I find it suspicious that this card was suddenly discovered, misfiled in a folder in the newspaper’s filing cabinet, just at the time the Fincher movie was being released. That coupled with Cunningham’s opinion that the address on the envelope had been overwritten or traced makes this card for me a non event. That is to say I think it may have been a publicity stunt.

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : February 23, 2015 11:07 pm
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

[quote="the ghost of zodiac"]The numbers on theEurka cards Postal keys match a box in Webster Texas. The attached item is a pen magnet is commonly used by body shops to check cars for body damage. The P O box in Webster is about 5 miles from the League city Killing fields where female victims were dumped in the eighties. This is also along the I-45 hwy of death.

In 1983 a triple murder was discovered at a BODY shop in League City Texas. The murders remain unsolved.

I will tell you this..I have a identified 2 possible POI’s in those League city murders. One is alive and well, and the other…George Victor Jonasson, was a known suspect in the Donna Lass, Lake Tahoe disappearance. George worked as a security guard at the Sahara Tahoe Hotel and moved to the League city area in the mid 70’s. George died in 2009 but lived within 4 miles of the killing fields and 4 miles of the recently discovered PO box in Webster Texas. When George died his last address was on zodiac name street..Gemini..lol. My POI’s may have known each other. I would not suprise me if the Zodiac had an accomplice and they worked together there in California Nevada and in Texas…sort of a cult of sick bastards.

Who knows if my POI is the Zodiac… It is all conjecture until DNA is matched. But my POI was in the Military in 1968/69. and did some time in Northern california (possibly Presido’s Letterman hospital) and Korea. He has attended intelligence training in the army where ciber and crypto is covered. He loves movies, silencers and 22 caliber weapons. And he is crazy as batshit.. I have him on the authorities radar now..The ghost of Zodiac.

TGOZ, both keys? only one? which number? thanks

Posted : February 25, 2015 7:53 pm
Talon
(@talon)
Estimable Member

the ghost of zodiac said
The numbers on the Eurka cards Postal keys match a box in Webster Texas.

Can you expound on the above?
Seems I had read they were from Eureka.

Posted : February 25, 2015 8:37 pm
(@the-ghost-of-zodiac)
Trusted Member

Yes Talon there is a box in Eureka.. also one in Webster tx. I’ve have matched the 58851 key to a box. the second key is likely to the same box just coded different. Mys suspect has a box a few feet away in the same Post office..small world.

Posted : March 2, 2015 4:15 am
(@the-ghost-of-zodiac)
Trusted Member

Google the "TIM MILLER 2005 killing field letter".. Read it an you will find Zodiac similarities all over it..
that is why I’m here. I backed into the Zodiac series of murders following the clues on that letter.. I think it is the same guy.

I was by this guys place today..

Regards,
TGOZ

Posted : March 2, 2015 4:21 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Yes Talon there is a box in Eureka.. also one in Webster tx. I’ve have matched the 58851 key to a box. the second key is likely to the same box just coded different. Mys suspect has a box a few feet away in the same Post office..small world.

But if you are using an incorrect number, that would make your discovery invalid.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : March 2, 2015 5:50 am
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

TGOZ .. since Tim Miller letter has popped up I will put this in.. I was studying it a while back and as strange as that letter is two phrases jumped out.. 4 can be 5 or 6 and hectic public lo cation.. there is a dice game I had done a bit of research on because of the ParaDICE letter.. anyways.. this dice game has a winning roll (its played with three die) now 4 can be 5 or 6 in that game. 4, 5, 6, is the winning roll called straight kill. long story short the game is called "See Low" (American version) or in Chinese Cee-lo so if you know who my poi is..then it ties in, especially when you see how he has written."Hectic Public Lo cation" … a little bit like the rock that had no earthly reason for being in a Maine hayfield. for me that letter stinks to high heaven of Z lots of clues in that Tim miller letter.. I have some other stuff but will have to dig it out of the backblocks of this tiny brain. Cheers
hope you can understand my line of thinking/reasoning
because I struggle with it :D

Posted : March 2, 2015 9:04 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

tgoz, I am not sure if you are aware of the opinion of document examiner Lloyd Cunningham who looked at this card back around the time Fincher’s Zodiac movie was released. This was his opinion-

The entire article can be read here-

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Zodi … 644828.php

My opinion is that I find it suspicious that this card was suddenly discovered, misfiled in a folder in the newspaper’s filing cabinet, just at the time the Fincher movie was being released. That coupled with Cunningham’s opinion that the address on the envelope had been overwritten or traced makes this card for me a non event. That is to say I think it may have been a publicity stunt.

I agree. Considering this card is most likely a fake, it is sketchy at best to consider a POI and use the Eureka card in doing so.

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : March 2, 2015 9:35 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

The main reason I think that the card was a publicity stunt is because of the number of articles that the Chronicle wrote between 1994 and 2000. I have seven of the articles written during that time and all but one has pictures accompanying the articles. There were two or three special reports done on the Zodiac Killer during that time. These articles were multi page and had a number of pictures each.

It is claimed that this 1990 card was found misfiled in the photo folder at the Chronicle. Considering the number of times that reporters went to the photo file for pictures for their articles between 1994 and 2000, I find it inconceivable that the 1990 card was not noticed. It was only noticed when the Chronicle was writing a story about the Fincher movie in 2007. You could say, well maybe the card wasn’t put in the photo file until after 2000 but that doesn’t make much sense. Where was the card for ten years, why would someone take it out and then misfile it instead of turning it over to LE?

Posted : March 2, 2015 10:01 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Makes perfect sense Seagull. We’ll probably come to find out it was a movie prop. lol

Another thing I find interesting is the fact it would be recognized at all as possibly being from Zodiac by someone at the paper. I mean, if most people nowadays (or even the last 20 years) were to receive that card, they’d just be like WTH and probably toss it. There is no Zodiac reference whatsoever. We all see it because we are quite familiar…others less involved wouldn’t have a clue…so-to-speak. ;)

Posted : March 2, 2015 11:41 am
ophion1031
(@ophion1031)
Noble Member

The only thing that makes it hard for me to completely forget about this letter is how close the handwriting is to Ted Kaczynski’s. If this was sent by Ted, it still doesn’t mean he was Z. Not sure how/why this was added into a Z photo file. Yet another in hundreds of mysteries with the Z case.

A few minutes ago on a toilet not very far, far away….

Posted : April 14, 2015 2:13 pm
joku
 joku
(@joku)
Estimable Member

Some seem to think that the keychain is a pen light, magner or another tool. Doing some searching, I think it’s just what is called a bolt-action multitool pen. If you look at the left side of the object, you can see this hazy roundish shape attached to it – it’s the bolt. It appears that the pen is perhaps also missing a part.

Something akin to these:

Posted : November 15, 2017 12:15 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : November 15, 2017 12:47 am
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Is this multi-tool pen something that would have been available in 1990 when the card was mailed?

Posted : November 15, 2017 12:52 am
(@dag-maclugh)
Prominent Member

As I’ve posted before, in 1991 I found a greeting card whose lettering–to my eye, at least–was identical to Zodiac’s. Which leads me to suspect that Zodiac may have been a greeting card designer/artist. Incidentally, my "POI" graduated with a degree in Graphic Design.

Posted : November 15, 2017 1:18 am
Page 4 / 19
Share: