Eureka Card mailed 1990 to the SF Chronicle

273 Posts
55 Users
0 Reactions
37.6 K Views
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

It was also 16 years later. Things change, habits change, and people change.

I’d be curious if I’m in the minority. Maybe I am.

I am with you.

Me too
You know I’ve tried to get an explanation from anyone explaining how it was that those keys were determined to be associated with that guy. Was it one key or both? Who determined that the they opened a box in Eureka? What was the story? And so far I’ve only ever heard crickets.

Posted : April 18, 2021 6:33 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

They have numbers on them.

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : April 18, 2021 9:43 pm
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

The question remains how possibly Zodiac hypothetically acquired the keys on the card.

Posted : April 18, 2021 10:01 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

The question remains how possibly Zodiac hypothetically acquired the keys on the card.

Well, I doubt he found them ("I have found") because there is a strong possibility the Zodiac Killer knew the person, or the identity of the person the keys belonged to – and hence why he chose the card and mailed the photocopied keys.

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : April 18, 2021 11:47 pm
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

They have numbers on them.

I laughed a little. I know that. I probably wasn’t clear with my question. How was it determined that those two numbered PO Box keys belonged to him? (I’m leaving the name out) Who made that connection? How? Did the Eureka Post Office admit that they are their numbers? Both or just one? How were they able to connect it to a post office in Eureka in the first place? Did they just randomly call them up? Did they confirm that the keys belonged to the guy or just one? I literally have a dozen questions about this. And I’ve never gotten any answers except Sandy and a friend were told by Tom that the keys belonged to a guy whose house they checked out. Never anything about how the connection was made to that guy. But it’s been touted as fact. Does anyone know the details of the story?

Posted : April 19, 2021 1:44 am
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

That is one for the people who made the connection "Dude". I can only guess that they added "Eureka" to "Post Office Keys" and "Numbers" and "1990 records" and bingo. If we assume that the man identified was correct, I would assume this is the only possible way. But if you want clarity on the exact details, then you had better hope for somebody other than me to answer your questions. Good luck, hope you get a reply and they dont KEEP YOU GUESSIN’!

Posted : April 19, 2021 1:58 am
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

I literally have a dozen questions about this. And I’ve never gotten any answers except Sandy and a friend were told by Tom that the keys belonged to a guy whose house they checked out. Never anything about how the connection was made to that guy. But it’s been touted as fact. Does anyone know the details of the story?

Did it ever occur to you to ask Tom? Because as far as I know, you never have.

Posted : April 19, 2021 4:42 am
(@indubitably)
Trusted Member

Sorry is this something that you guys are gonna pm each other about or can you Tom start to answer some other questions that the dude has asked so far how the connection was made ? Thanks

Posted : April 19, 2021 6:10 am
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

I literally have a dozen questions about this. And I’ve never gotten any answers except Sandy and a friend were told by Tom that the keys belonged to a guy whose house they checked out. Never anything about how the connection was made to that guy. But it’s been touted as fact. Does anyone know the details of the story?

Did it ever occur to you to ask Tom? Because as far as I know, you never have.

I did. Both on your site and emailed you privately. You never responded to either of them. No worries though. When you get a chance.

Posted : April 19, 2021 8:09 am
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

the email I sent on 1/8/21. Id post images here, but for some reason it never allows me.

Good evening Tom,

First, I mean no disrespect. I’m assuming that you have been following my questioning in regards to the Eureka card and Sam. In particular, how was it that Sam (CCK) came into the picture? And how were the keys associated with the Eureka post office and then him? Was it both keys? One? Which numbers were used? Etc.

I believe that you know why I’m asking. It’s not to drudge up an old POI, rather to understand how those keys were attributable to the Eureka post office and ultimately Sam. Because I believe that I found the location of one of those keys. And if your right then I’m wrong. So what I’m asking for is help disproving or proving it by hearing how the keys were used to discover a P.O. Box. The details.

Because you have avoided this topic on all Zodiac websites for well over a decade now leaves me to believe that you have a reason. Maybe leagal action, maybe something else. But I’m not asking about that or the details around Sam. Just how it was that the keys, Eureka, and Sam got connected.

Your help is appreciated,

And the thread on Toms site is called

78408/58851.

Posted : April 19, 2021 5:30 pm
(@tomvoigt)
Noble Member

If I am reading that thread correctly you used a different user name than here? That must be why. Thanks for asking at least, most people these days don’t even bother to go to the source. That said, the Sam stuff is off limits for me to discuss for the near future. Self imposed. However I can tell you everything got verified and additional evidence uncovered before he was covertly DNA tested by the California DOJ. I’m putting together a presentation on Sam, he’s still an amazing suspect and now that he’s dead I can share more. Including official documents about the DOJ investigation into his being the Zodiac.

Posted : April 19, 2021 9:58 pm
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

Tom,
Can you explain why you have a self-imposed ban on talking about him? Thanks.

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : April 19, 2021 10:35 pm
thedude
(@thedude)
Reputable Member

If I am reading that thread correctly you used a different user name than here? That must be why. Thanks for asking at least, most people these days don’t even bother to go to the source. That said, the Sam stuff is off limits for me to discuss for the near future. Self imposed. However I can tell you everything got verified and additional evidence uncovered before he was covertly DNA tested by the California DOJ. I’m putting together a presentation on Sam, he’s still an amazing suspect and now that he’s dead I can share more. Including official documents about the DOJ investigation into his being the Zodiac.

Yep, two names… thedude… abides. It’s a movie reference.
Still your answer doesn’t really explain your complete lack of a response. For the person who puts himself smack dab in the middle of this case and presents himself as an expert open to give his opinion to others and then not even a courtesy response. Huh. You were probably just to busy.
Regarding Sam, sounds interesting and I’ll buy the book and read about it. But you know how this works, if you’re going to make a claim like those keys definitely belonged to Sam then you better cough up the details and the story on how that “fact” became a fact. Otherwise it’s just like everyone else’s baseless opinions without evidence. You would be saying the same thing.

Posted : April 19, 2021 11:13 pm
(@essa-berry)
Member Moderator

I’m really curious to know all the details of how it came about and exactly how he was ruled out. Didn’t Klingel live in Mill Valley and work at 3333 California Street (Fireman’s Fund) during Z’s active killing period? If so, I find his work location particularly interesting during this time.

Posted : April 20, 2021 8:37 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

You guys can’t be serious on this Klingel guy.

Posted : April 20, 2021 9:30 pm
Page 7 / 19
Share: