41 Posts
13 Users
0 Reactions
16.4 K Views
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin
Topic starter

We determined that this was a threat against a Psychiatrist/Psychologist. Thanks to additional FBI files released under the freedom of info act, we know who this threat was against:
Dr. Edward Adams in Orinda, CA

SEAGULL posted this:
Dr. Adams was a psychiatrist!

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : March 29, 2013 7:46 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

Excellent work by our member Ricardo on the unredacted card "Zodiac is going to…You are next" which names Dr. Edward Adams.

http://www.mk-zodiac.com/Communication1 … eport.html

IMO this unredacted card is a major find, the biggest out of this new batch recovered by Morf.

IF this card is really from Zodiac, then there should be some connection or nexus between who Zodiac really was and this Dr. Adams.

At the link above, Ricardo has excellent large reproductions of the card, and analysis showing possible links between Dr. Adams and his circle of associates and TWO well known Zodiac suspects.

Ricardo’s website is www.mk-zodiac.com

—————————-

Interesting material found by PORTOFLEITH.

She noted that the threat letter said "the adamses are next", meaning the couple Dr. Edward Adams and his wife.

Both he and his wife appeared in the newspapers, one was a Nov. 1968 multi page spread on their very nice house and garden. Did that make Zodiac jealous? Angry?

Mrs. Adam was also active in women’s groups, library groups and feminism. The feminist event was noted in October 1969.

Did this trigger "Zodiac"? Or was it the 1968 photo spread? And/or was it Dr. Adams article about how to get people working again after nuclear war, or his association with Dr. Murray? Or random?

Posted : March 29, 2013 8:27 am
vasa croe
(@vasa-croe)
Honorable Member

Interesting thing about this note is the date pasted in of October 12 1970….that’s the date most of the papers reported the October 5th card.

Posted : October 9, 2014 12:56 am
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Interesting thing about this note is the date pasted in of October 12 1970….that’s the date most of the papers reported the October 5th card.

I’ll let someone else comment on that aspect specifically. Here’s the two dates beside each other though and they would appear to be from the same newspaper based on font and formatting. I’m pretty sure it’s been mentioned somewhere before but here it is again for reference anyway.

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : October 9, 2014 3:11 am
vasa croe
(@vasa-croe)
Honorable Member

I’ll let someone else comment on that aspect specifically. Here’s the two dates beside each other though and they would appear to be from the same newspaper based on font and formatting. I’m pretty sure it’s been mentioned somewhere before but here it is again for reference anyway.

If they are from the same paper that would be very interesting because that date font is from the Texas paper that has the cartoon in it. I can’t access it right now but will clip it tomorrow and post it.

Posted : October 9, 2014 6:04 am
vasa croe
(@vasa-croe)
Honorable Member

What newspaper did the Feminism article come from?

Posted : October 9, 2014 6:46 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

Oakland Tribune by the looks of it. It’s on the right hand edge of the last image.

Posted : October 9, 2014 8:13 pm
vasa croe
(@vasa-croe)
Honorable Member

Oakland Tribune by the looks of it. It’s on the right hand edge of the last image.

I think that was the Garden event article. The Feminist one isn’t in that paper. Any chance you know where that one came from?

Posted : October 9, 2014 9:56 pm
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator

I think that was the Garden event article. The Feminist one isn’t in that paper. Any chance you know where that one came from?

Ah, sorry just glanced and thought they were the same. Ummmm AK might know.

Posted : October 9, 2014 10:15 pm
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

While the fonts could have been similar elsewhere, they were used in the Chronicle.

The October 12 was used next to the FK crackproof card when it was published—to the right of "Zodiac":

He cut and paste the date from the Chronicle on the day Avery shared his (Oct 5th) card.

This is just more of someone getting their kicks off of Zodiac’s missives, imo. The cut & paste Zodiac scammer. ;)

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : October 10, 2014 4:38 am
vasa croe
(@vasa-croe)
Honorable Member

While the fonts could have been similar elsewhere, they were used in the Chronicle.

The October 12 was used next to the FK crackproof card when it was published—to the right of "Zodiac":

This is just more of someone getting their kicks off of Zodiac’s missives, imo. The cut & paste Zodiac scammer. ;)

Yep…i get that.

My connection is really to the comic thing. While it may be coincidence, the fact that he has been connected to a comic in a confirmed Z communication and another unconfirmed uses a comic again just seems like a very easy point to connect since we have a very easily searchable archive these days. Back then it would have been painstaking to do this type of work….thumbing through pages and pages of newpapers.

Posted : October 10, 2014 4:43 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Just to add…

Not only does the font date on the Chronicle match the Oct. 5th card and the October 12th card frome the Oct. 12th newspaper article (as originally noted by Theforeigner), but the content of the October 12th article matches what is pasted onto the "You are next card" to Dr. Adams.

HE CUT AND PASTE THIS EXACT ARTICLE. —Note how "change the….way" carries over (the quotation marks are there too) and how he had to cut-up "an-nounce".

…they may be dealing with one or more ersatz Zodiacs–other psychotics eager to get into the act, or perhaps even other murderers eager to lay their crimes at the real Zodiac’s doorstep. L.A. Times, 1969

Posted : March 10, 2015 9:40 am
Tahoe27
(@tahoe27)
Member Moderator

Interesting too we have this: A Berkeley man notifies the Chronicle of an incident he "witnessed"….yet no Berkeley police confirmation and apparently these girls never turned up.

I believe this to be the same man who sent this card to Dr. Adams and it would be no wonder he was a former psychiatric patient.

Regardless of one’s belief, it would seem this person read about Cheri in the November 16th, 1970 article in the S.F. Chronicle–another article by Paul Avery.

I’ve always questioned whether this really happened and now I question it even more:

Posted : March 10, 2015 11:24 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

I believe this to be something but it still requires more research:

Edward C Adams was born October 3, 1919 in Berkeley, Alameda, California to unknown Adams and unknown Frisbie. He married Aurelie unknown and they moved for a time to Walnut Creek, California. Edward had a sister named Marian. Marian was born July 27, 1914. She married an unknown Reynolds and also moved to Walnut Creek, California. I found a mention for a Lewis B and Marian A Reynolds in the Save Mount Diablo publication of 2015. This publication is after their passing so I am curious as to why they are mentioned. Unfortunately, for some reason, I am unable to download the file to see. I did find other publications for Marian that date, so far, back to 2005. Anyway, I am thinking here about the Benning compass on Mt. Diablo and the Save Mt. Diablo campaign that began in 1971 (perhaps earlier since this was the founding date for the organization). Maybe both Edward and his sister Marian had ties that also brought about the Phillips 66 map and cipher.

Lewis B Reynolds tied to Daily Californian (peoples park) and the Oakland Post Enquirer (Hearst)

Also, I think it important to find out who Edwards mother is. I found John B Frisbie of Vallejo to be quite interesting for the case.

Soze

Posted : July 8, 2015 8:15 pm
morf13
(@morf13)
Member Admin
Topic starter

I believe this to be something but it still requires more research:

Edward C Adams was born October 3, 1919 in Berkeley, Alameda, California to unknown Adams and unknown Frisbie. He married Aurelie unknown and they moved for a time to Walnut Creek, California. Edward had a sister named Marian. Marian was born July 27, 1914. She married an unknown Reynolds and also moved to Walnut Creek, California. I found a mention for a Lewis B and Marian A Reynolds in the Save Mount Diablo publication of 2015. This publication is after their passing so I am curious as to why they are mentioned. Unfortunately, for some reason, I am unable to download the file to see. I did find other publications for Marian that date, so far, back to 2005. Anyway, I am thinking here about the Benning compass on Mt. Diablo and the Save Mt. Diablo campaign that began in 1971 (perhaps earlier since this was the founding date for the organization). Maybe both Edward and his sister Marian had ties that also brought about the Phillips 66 map and cipher.

Lewis B Reynolds tied to Daily Californian (peoples park) and the Oakland Post Enquirer (Hearst)

Also, I think it important to find out who Edwards mother is. I found John B Frisbie of Vallejo to be quite interesting for the case.

Soze

The name FRISBIE, is sticking out to me for some reason. Hmm :? I will see if I can figure out where I know that name from. Also, regarding Save MtDiablo project, you may want to check with THEDUDE, since his suspect was involved with the same group. He may be able to tell you more about it.

There is more than one way to lose your life to a killer

http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
http://zodiackillersite.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/Morf13ZKS

Posted : July 8, 2015 11:39 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: