Clear all

Monticello – In the woods dies April 7/13/1971

137 Posts
25 Users
0 Reactions
47.6 K Views
(@zodiacclues123)
Estimable Member

Here’s a Monticello, California map before Lake Berryessa was formed in 1957. https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2211/5803 … c2bd_b.jpg https://www.google.com/search?q=Montice … 6494036439

Posted : June 3, 2017 4:52 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

According to the 1940 census when Ray was 5 years old and Dennis was 3 years old, their father was a cooper for a fruit company and their mother was a housewife. A cooper is a barrel maker. The parents names were William and Anita and the lived in the city of Napa on the census. He was 27 years old and she was 26 years old.

Dennis Land’s obituary states the he was a descendant of pioneer Napa families, so both of his parents families had been in the Napa Valley for many decades.

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : June 3, 2017 7:15 pm
(@zodiacclues123)
Estimable Member

Thank you. I’ll update my videos for my parts of The My name is solution on the 340 for you all to go with my Phillips 66 map and border template that led me to look at the Land Brothers. I’m not good at compewters so i’ll just do a clue at a time and how I found them. Found the map and border clues first and fast, that’s why I was wondering why it wasn’t a clue originally or was it just overlooked or maybe it was known and left out on purpose? idk yet. I got some more short ‘hmmmm’ clue videos to put up before, i’ll quit with the heavy metal music in my vids as well. Thanks again.

Posted : June 3, 2017 9:28 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

"Sought victims 21" could be the 21st victim or two victims , perhaps a couple both age 21?
I looked though the Calif. death list for that time frame and area ,for the name April but didn’t find any.

Ricardo and I have met several people who grew up and still live in Monticello, the next time we visit them I will be sure to ask about any bodies found near there. I do believe that when Zodiac gave a clue, he was giving us something to follow up on.

Whenever my suspect gives me a clue, it turns out to be a real clue to actual murdered victims. I never discount any clues given.

Posted : June 8, 2017 8:50 pm
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

This might be a stretch, but I was searching Jane Doe’s on the Doe network site and found a young girl who was killed 1970 -1971 . She was found in the woods off of the Redwood Highway on the "boarder"of Calif and OR. Her body was found fully clothed, she was between 14 yrs old to 25, 5 foot 2 to 5 -9. She had long red or auburn hair with blonde streaks. Slightly bucked teeth , dental development shows age 14-to 22. She had two rings , one with A.L.scratched on the face of the Perl like face.
That is what caught my attention, the A could be for the name April? She had a map of northern Calif.recreational sites.
We know that Zodiac liked having bodies near border lines to confuse the police about who’s jurisdiction it is. Also the body was found fully clothes which indicates no sexual molestation,something we also know about Zodiac’s victims.

Monticello is very far away from where she was found, but I wonder if that was where she was taken from? Something to think about and perhaps someone will read this and recognize who the young girl is?

Posted : February 26, 2018 2:43 am
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

The only one that matches the card is Denise Kathleen Andersen, who disappeared on April 13th 1971.

Posted : February 26, 2018 3:47 am
(@sandy-betts)
Noble Member

The only one that matches the card is Denise Kathleen Andersen, who disappeared on April 13th 1971.

I agree the timing and the area works very well, especially the waiting for 3 months to send a letter. (He likes the number 3) What I have a problem with is, other than Donna Lass ( who we don’t know for sure is a Z victim) Zodiac like showing off his kills. So much so that he would almost always call the police to direct them to the crime scene. Yet in the Anderson and Jane Doe case we don’t have that as far as we know?

I do believe that Zodiac was very busy in the Sacramento area around that time. Nancy Bennallack Oct 25th 1970 being one of his possible victims, even though the MO was very different from what we know about him. Zodiac couldn’t wait to write a letter that arrived two days later on the 27th to Paul Avery.

Being that the Jane Doe was found the way she was , fully clothed in the woods ,struck me as Zodiac like.
His Oct 5th 1970" My pace isn’t any slower", letter could have been just after killing Jane Doe and that was his way of confessing to yet another murder? She could have been number13 and the blood drawn cross could have been the victims blood?

Posted : February 26, 2018 6:05 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Between his 03/13/1971 letter (‘ I am crackproof’, claiming 17 victims) and the Monticelli Card, at least the following persons went missing or were killed in California or Nevada. In his Monticello card Z claimed 21 victims. There was an additional card (‘Peek through the pines’) as well as repeated calls to a woman at South Dora Street, Ukiah (claiming to be the Z). All of that happened in a 4-month period with the Monticelli Card being sent on the same day of the month (13th).

Four of those might be Z victims.

Linda Snyder 24 female San Francisco / Davis
Lisa Smith 17 female Santa Rosa
Michael Duane Burnett 14 male Oroville
Denise Kathleen Anderson 22 female Sacramento
Debra Theresa Pscholka 12 female Los Angeles / Corona
Karen Ann Signore 21 female Los Angeles / Santa Barbara / Goleta
Ingrid Angela Anderson 27 female San Francisco / Richmond / Walnut Creek
Lewis Barrett Welch 44 male Nevada City
Elizabeth Marie Cloer 21 female Sacramento / Lake Tahoe
Rosa Linda Zuniga 18 female San Jose / Watsonville

Irritating is the peek-through-the-pines card..it claims only ’12’ (victims). Thus he claimed less than in both, his previous and later writing.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : February 26, 2018 6:17 pm
buyerninety
(@buyerninety)
Estimable Member

Rancho Monticello seems to have had a memorable impact on Californians back in the time of Z.
You can get an idea of its resort style size and spread by viewing the first 20 seconds of this video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSjnkHitPJw

The earliest historicalaerials overhead is in 1993. (What a difference to the present day!)
https://www.historicaerials.com/locatio … 32/1993/16

(The reason why the buildings and facilities no longer exist at that location anymore is outlined here;)
http://www.ranchomonticelloresort.com/rmrhome.html
————–

The ‘Lieutenant Hector Sainez’ of SFPD, Homicide Detail (as mentioned back on page 5 of the
topic you are now reading), that was involved in the search for the Monticello document back
around 2011, has advanced in rank to Assistant Chief of Police;
http://www.sfexaminer.com/new-sfpd-chie … eadership/
Apparently, he is now in competition with other senior rank Police officials to advance further,
possibly depending on an assessment/perception as to how competently their particular sections
have been administered in past years…

Presumably, the S.F Chronicle occaisionally has cause to question such a public official. It is
unfortunate that the S.F. Chronicle does not attempt to question why there is no paper trail
for the current location of the Monticello document that the S.F. Chronicle passed in good faith
to the SFPD all those years ago. (It is possible that the S.F. Chronicle is not fully aware that
their document cannot be located by the SPFD. It may be useful for the S.F. Chronicle (legal
staff) to know this, as an example proof that it may not be in the public interest for the S.F.
Chronicle to pass requested information to the SFPD given the SFPD’s failure to locate a document…
should in some future unrelated event, a judge is considering ordering the S.F. Chronicle to pass
over some document to the SFPD.)

The ‘Inspector Kevin Jones’ also mentioned as "managing the information on the Zodiac investigation"
is seen as a Californian public employee (Kevin J. Jones , Inspector 3) in 2013.
https://transparentcalifornia.com/salar … n-j-jones/
After 2013, he is not seen with that job title. (Other ‘Kevin J. Jones’ can however be found as evident
employees of other Californian public entities, after 2013. Possibly the same person).

Posted : November 6, 2018 10:01 am
Pretty Polly
(@pretty-polly)
Trusted Member

So SFPD somehow lost the letter?

Posted : November 7, 2018 3:41 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

Of interest is that:

Zodiac’s posted his letter 7/13/1971
Denise K Andersen DOB 7/13/1948
So Zodiac posted his letter on Denise K Andersen’s 23th birthday

Additionally of interest:

Denise was last seen 04/13/1971
Zodiac posted letter 7/13/1971
So Zodiac posted his letter on the exact 3month anniversary of Denise K Andersen’s disappearance.

And then we have the "April" :
Zodiac wrote "In the woods dies April"
Denise K Andersen disappeared in April

Are this all coincidences ? probably, but who knows ?

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : November 7, 2018 4:58 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

Denise Kathleen Anderson
in the California Birth Index, 1905-1995
Name: Denise Kathleen Anderson
Birth Date: 13 Jul 1948
Mother’s Maiden Name: Vassilopoulos
Birth County: Sacramento

Denise Anderson
in the U.S. City Directories, 1822-1995
Name: Denise Anderson
Residence Year: 1971
Street address: 441 45th St
Residence Place: Sacramento, Sacramento, California, USA
Publication Title: Sacramento, California, City Directory, 1971

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : November 7, 2018 5:26 am
(@anonymous)
Noble Member

The birthday match is uncanny, considering the 3 month delay from disappearance to communication.

Posted : November 7, 2018 10:14 am
(@cragle)
Prominent Member

There is also a Monticello in San Jose which is nearby to Hollywood

Posted : November 7, 2018 4:37 pm
buyerninety
(@buyerninety)
Estimable Member

Posted : November 7, 2018 7:58 pm
Page 7 / 10
Share: