Monticello – In the woods dies April 7/13/1971

137 Posts
25 Users
0 Reactions
47.6 K Views
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

I’m posting because of a recent communication and for the fact that I only posted on this topic at the old site. It’s only my opinion.

"Near Monticello – shought victims 21 – in the woods dies April"

First, "victims 21", the zodiac would never have given a single number to what appears to be multiple victims. Second, "in the woods dies April", the zodiac has never mentioned a victim by name. Third, the Zodiac has never taken a victim, dead or alive, and hid them somewhere (dead or alive). He always left them where he killed them and it’s always been on public.

So it would appear that this communication was written by someone other than the Zodiac or, if written by the Zodiac, the Zodiac meant something other than a victim.

Picking out the particulars we have Monticello, 21, woods and April.

Not a whole hell of a lot to go on here.

Monticello:

Monticello brings about thoughts of Thomas Jefferson. Thomas Jefferson was the face on a stamp used by the Zodiac.

Hearst Castle, owned by the Hearst family, was often compared with Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello. The location for this home is in Pleasanton, California. Pleasanton being the mailing location for one of the Zodiac’s letters. Pheobe Apperson Hearst, mother to William Randolph Hearst, had also paid for electrical work to Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello. The Hearst’s owned the Examiner to which the Zodiac had mailed some of his letters. They also had their hand in the Chronicle a few years before this communication with the Sunday paper. So there is a a small connection of the Hearst’s to this communication.

Monticello, as stated by others, was once a town covered by lake berryessa. Lake berryessa being the scene of the suspected zodiac crime against Bryan Hartnell and Cecilia Shepard.

Monticello is also a road in San Raphael. San Rafael being the mailing location for one of the Zodiac’s letters.

There have been talks previously about the Sierra Club. The Sierra Club is pretty much the central theme to the "peek through the pines" card. In my opinion, the Sierra Club, is also the theme to the eyes on the Halloween card; the eyes representing the heirarchy of the club. It should also be mentioned that a Sierra Club member had a home right around the corner from where the Zodiac was last seen on the night of Paul Stines death. The member: Ansel Adams.

There have been talks about water being a central theme for the Zodiac. San Francisco has had water issues since the 1850’s and it is still going on. Pleasanton is in this as well. The Sierra Club has been in this mess since the 30’s due to San Francisco wanting to dam the Hetch Hetchy. PGE, also being talked about, had their hands in this mess. Seems San Francisco may have struck a deal with them for water and their pipes just happened to stop exactly where San Francisco needed it to. Of course this is according to all I have read on the subject of water.

This is just a few of the things I have put together concerning the Monticello portion. It would seem to me that the statement "near Monticello – shought victims 21, in the woods dies April" may be more about the Sierra Club than any victim could ever be.

Adding in the fact that the founder of the Sierra Club, John Muir, was born on April 21st makes it even more compelling.

I’ve discussed Monticello, 21 and April. Not mentioned is the woods portion of this communication.

Monticello road in San Rafael is 17 miles from what is known as Muir Woods National Monument. Muir Woods National Monument is dedicated to the memory of John Muir; founder of the Sierra Club. How close does Monticello have to be to be classified as "near"? I think 17 miles does it and believe the location referred to in this communication is Muir Woods National Monument.

Remember, whatever image the writer used to paste their message on would have to be a recognizable location. It was for "Sandy Beaches" and it was for the "peek through the pines" card. Why not Muir Woods National Monument?

If this is the case, and I’m just throwing all this out as a possibility, wouldn’t it stand to reason that maybe, maybe, Marin County might have this communication?

Soze

Posted : June 19, 2019 8:24 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : June 19, 2019 9:01 pm
(@cragle)
Prominent Member

I do wonder about this one. What must it contain for it to never be released.

Unless of course that it was written by Karl F. Werner, but that still wouldn’t explain the mystery around it.

Posted : June 19, 2019 9:16 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

Werner is thought to be the killer of Furlong and Snoozy. Furlong and Snoozy were once thought to have been killed by the Zodiac and thought to have satisfied the August portion of the "Des, July, Aug, Sept, Oct = 7" cipher. Werner is not the zodiac as he wasn’t in area of some of the Zodiac’s crimes. If Werner isn’t zodiac then furlong/Snoozy don’t satisfy the cipher mentioned above.

It’s entirely possible, as stated in my previous post, the writer of the woods statement wasn’t the Zodiac. Well if it wasnt the zodiac then who was it? Werner? If true then what is the communication for furlong/Snoozy? It wasn’t the cipher mentioned above.

Also, what’s the explanation for 21? Berlik was killed on the 11th. I can’t imagine a killer ever forgetting a detail of murder.

Soze

Posted : June 19, 2019 9:57 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : June 19, 2019 10:13 pm
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

The 17+ concerns the Zodiac. Werner wasn’t the zodiac. So a continuation from 17+ to 21 couldn’t occur with berlik, furlong or Snoozy. I do think it’s good that we agree the Zodiac was counting via his letters/communications. A shame we can’t agree that the count wasn’t about victims.

Soze

Posted : June 19, 2019 11:31 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

Posted : June 20, 2019 12:12 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Z never claimed these murders, his own ones could even have had happened out of state. These are all the cases I know between #17 and #21…with the Monticello 12 inbetween (fake?)

Linda Snyder – someone else was arrested (correctly?). Sacramento.
Lisa Michele Smith – was ‘only’ attacked, survived.
Michael Duane Burnett – missing teen from Oroville
Katherine Bilek – Werner confessed
Denise Kathleen Anderson – Missing from Sacramento
Debra Theresa Pscholka – Missing from LA
Karen Ann Signore – Santa Barbara / Goleta beach victim..
Ingrid Angela Anderson – Missing from Walnut Creek..
Lewis Barrett Welch – Nevada missing (Z wrote about ‘Na’..)
Mary Elizabeth Grant – only attack
William H. Bianco – only attack
Elizabeth (Betty) Marie Cloer – oh, this one is near Lake Tahoe area and lovers lane, too
‘Jane Doe’ (Case File 404UFOR) – body found
Rosa Linda Zuniga – San Jose
‘Jane Doe’ (Case File 581UFCA) – body found

Enough ‘potential’ to get from 17 to 21..

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : June 20, 2019 1:04 am
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

Posted : June 20, 2019 1:24 am
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

The zodiac claimed the first four crime locations. All numbers after that are, just that, numbers. No victims.

Soze

Posted : June 20, 2019 1:40 am
(@cragle)
Prominent Member

Zodiac wrote the Los Angeles letter claiming 17+ victims. Zodiac then mailed the Monticello card stating 21. These two correspondences were both sent by Zodiac. The Monticello card had nothing to do with Werner. He was arrested in April 1971, and the Monticello card was postmarked July 13th 1971. But Zodiac was insinuating in the Monticello card the murder of Kathy Bilek. Zodiac claimed 17+ on March 13th, Bilek was murdered on April 11th, Werner was arrested later in April, Zodiac mailed Monticello card July 13th claiming shought 21 victims and insinuating he was he murderer.

Zodiac claimed Furlong and Snoozy on November 8th 1969, by writing "Aug". These would have been victims 4 and 5 in his count, because they were murdered August 3rd 1969 (before Shepard and Stine).
Zodiac claimed Bilek on July 13th 1971 indicating 21. Zodiac was effectively claiming all of Karl Werner’s murders.
Werner had nothing to do with any communications and Werner is not Zodiac.

Sorry I’m confused now. So Z sent a letter insinuating that he murdered Bilek after Warner had already been arrested ?

Posted : June 20, 2019 1:48 am
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

Posted : June 20, 2019 2:03 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

"don’t listen to phonys"

Source?

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : June 20, 2019 2:12 am
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

Posted : June 20, 2019 2:15 am
 Soze
(@soze)
Prominent Member

*shaking my head*

Richard, Richard, Richard

Soze

Posted : June 20, 2019 2:40 am
Page 8 / 10
Share: