Clear all

Oregon letter to editor

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@cragle)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Probably nothing to do with the case but I did find this letter to the editor interesting as it was sent to The Capital journal, Salem, Oregon on Nov 1 1969. Just though it was interesting due to time period and the fact it was sent to a paper 60m form Brian Hartnell home town of Troutdale. The tone does seem familiar.

Posted : April 29, 2021 9:58 pm
Richard Grinell
(@richard-grinell)
Prominent Member

Nov 1st: "How can our police forces sit back and watch people die and not do one little thing about it?"
November 8th: "I get aufully lonely when I am ignored, so lonely I could do my Thing !!!!!!"

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/

“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.” Edward R. Murrow.

Posted : April 30, 2021 12:01 am
(@cragle)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Nov 1st: "How can our police forces sit back and watch people die and not do one little thing about it?"
November 8th: "I get aufully lonely when I am ignored, so lonely I could do my Thing !!!!!!"

It actually reminded me of the Badlands and strangely the Patricia Hautz letter, didn’t pick up that Richard.

Posted : April 30, 2021 12:11 am
(@alphadeltarho)
Estimable Member

Probably nothing to do with the case but I did find this letter to the editor interesting as it was sent to The Capital journal, Salem, Oregon on Nov 1 1969. Just though it was interesting due to time period and the fact it was sent to a paper 60m form Brian Hartnell home town of Troutdale. The tone does seem familiar.

Didn’t know he was from there. I lived in StJohns area for years, can’t imagine why someone would willingly move from there. Then again, California is much more crowded than it used to be. I miss Portland, I’m stuck in Arkansas because I couldn’t find any work anywhere else. Everything shut down except Starbucks and Grubhub. Will be back when Portland wants to take business a little bit more seriously.

Mah-na Mah-na

Posted : April 30, 2021 3:58 pm
Share: