Clear all

SR Hitchhiker Suspect Possibly ID'd

20 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

DNA match this week to a 1996 cold case . . . Police are looking at similarities to the SR Hitchhiker crimes . . . 78-year-old suspect reportedly died in prison in December . . . 1996 crime reportedly solved via a fingernail scraping that yielded a DNA profile.

Posted : February 18, 2022 7:33 pm
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

Link to article?

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : February 19, 2022 2:52 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

The suspect in question I presume;

Convicted serial rapist, convicted of attempted murders, Jack Alexander Bokin, DOB March 20, 1943

Jack Alexander Bokin
in the California Birth Index, 1905-1995
Name: Jack Alexander Bokin
Birth Date: 20 Mar 1943
Mother’s Maiden Name: Craig
Birth County: San Francisco

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Michelle-Veal-cold-case-murder-solved-16924565.php

https://sfdeputy.tripod.com/jackbokin.htm

1968 he lived at : 1418 Florida St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA

So far I can not find any liks between Jack Alexander Bokin and Santa Rosa/Sonoma County at he time of the Santa Rosa Hich Hike murders.

BUT I found this, his Residence Years: 1998-2002 in Sebastopol !:

Jack A Bokin
in the U.S., Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002
Name: Jack A Bokin
Residence Years: 1998-2002
Address: 5095 Gravenstein Hwy N
Residence Place: Sebastopol, California, USA
Zip Code: 95472-2142
Phone Number: 707-823-0738

This post was modified 2 years ago by Theforeigner

Hi, english is not my first language so please bear with me :)

Posted : February 19, 2022 2:59 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

@theforeigner Bokin’s parents apparently lived in Santa Rosa during the period of the Hitchhiker crimes.

Posted : February 19, 2022 3:01 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Fair amount of information here.

https://hitchhikerkiller.com/

Posted : February 19, 2022 3:04 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @xcaliber

@theforeigner Bokin’s parents apparently lived in Santa Rosa during the period of the Hitchhiker crimes.

OK and I just found this for his Residence Years: 1998-2002 in Sebastopol (ca. 10 km west of Santa Rosa)  :

Jack A Bokin
in the U.S., Phone and Address Directories, 1993-2002
Name: Jack A Bokin
Residence Years: 1998-2002
Address: 5095 Gravenstein Hwy N
Residence Place: Sebastopol, California, USA
Zip Code: 95472-2142
Phone Number: 707-823-0738

Posted : February 19, 2022 3:08 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

@theforeigner <BUT I found this, his Residence Years: 1998-2002 in Sebastopol !>

Though it looks like he was incarcerated from 1997 on.

Posted : February 19, 2022 3:13 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Looks like the Sebastopol Bokin is the father.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/PAGE-ONE-Man-Held-in-Brutal-Attack-on-2802177.php

Posted : February 19, 2022 3:23 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

I have not found any adress on his parents in Santa Rosa/ Sebastopol/Sonoma County during the period of the Hitchhiker crimes.

However I found one news report of Evelyn E Bokin , Jack’s mother, living in Sebastopol in 1983

(in 1989 Evelyn was blind , she lost her sight to diabetes).

Earlier they lived in san Francisco, not sure what year they moved to Sebastopol.

Posted : February 19, 2022 3:42 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I’m wrong. The newspaper article says ‘near Santa Rosa’. So Sebastopol would qualify.

“Some of the cases Bokin was associated with bear striking similarities to the Sonoma County cases. In addition, Bokin’s parents owned a home near Santa Rosa at the time of the 1970s murders.”

Posted : February 19, 2022 4:09 am
(@serya)
Trusted Member

Thanks for posting this information, very interesting stuff.

https://borderlandjukebox.com/
https://offthebeatensoundtrack.com/

Posted : February 19, 2022 8:09 am
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Some apparent facts of interest:

Bokin grew up in the Mission District of San Francisco where his parents owned a hardware store. 

He was a reported child chess and piano prodigy.

His uncle (Ted Lusher) was an SFPD Inspector.

In the mid-60s he was sentenced to Atascadero State Hospital (no apparent overlap with Arthur Allen).

Indications are he killed his mother while she was in a care facility in Marin County.

He allegedly assaulted a woman on the UC-Extension San Francisco campus in which he disabled her car and then offered to help her start it.

He reportedly hired a convict to assault an SF building inspector who was failing his plumbing work.

Melvin Belli’s legal team was involved in a forgery case between Bokin and his cousin.

He fashioned a homemade handcuff key and during his trial unlocked his cuffs and leg shackles and briefly escaped his holding cell, with the bailiffs and judge running down the hall after him.

His cousin credited him with introducing her to philosophy, physics and Rachmaninov.

Posted : February 19, 2022 10:01 am
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

Bokin grew up in the Mission District of San Francisco where his parents owned a hardware store. 

In the mid-60s he was sentenced to Atascadero State Hospital (no apparent overlap with Arthur Allen).

Indications are he killed his mother while she was in a care facility in Marin County.

He allegedly assaulted a woman on the UC-Extension San Francisco campus in which he disabled her car and then offered to help her start it.

He reportedly hired a convict to assault an SF building inspector who was failing his plumbing work.

Melvin Belli’s legal team was involved in a forgery case between Bokin and his cousin.

He fashioned a homemade handcuff key and during his trial unlocked his cuffs and leg shackles and briefly escaped his holding cell, with the bailiffs and judge running down the hall after him.

His cousin credited him with introducing her to philosophy, physics and Rachmaninov.

Hi Xcaliber, seems like interesting info.

Could you please add sources for the various information ?

Posted : February 19, 2022 6:32 pm
(@theforeigner)
Prominent Member

Posted by: @theforeigner

Hi Xcaliber, seems like interesting info.

Could you please add sources for the various information ?

Found the sources myself.

http://www.crimemagazine.com/secret-life-sexual-predator-0

The Secret Life of a Sexual Predator
Oct 14, 2009 – by Lora Lusher

I don’t understan why you Xcaliber don’t provide the sources for the information you post ?

Posted : February 19, 2022 6:51 pm
(@xcaliber)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

@theforeigner Yes, from an article written by his cousin during the 1999 trial. 

http://www.crimemagazine.com/secret-life-sexual-predator-0

Posted : February 19, 2022 6:54 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: