Zodiac Discussion Forum

1970-plus….has th…

Notifications
Clear all

1970-plus….has this been worked through a million times?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@bill-bailey-2)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed a billion times. I suppose it probably has.

But have people researched what the major suspects did between 1970-through-1980ish? It seems unlikely that a serial killer, who loved public attention, would just STOP killing people and disappear. One thing people say is that the Stine killing and almost getting caught might have scared him, so he then went into secret mode and stopped telling the newspapers about his dirty deeds.

Have the personal lives of the main suspects been investigate? What did ALA do from 1970-1980? What did Sullivan do? It would be interesting if something did happen in their lives. Like one of them moved to SD in march of 1970, or in January 1970 one of their wive’s passed away. Meaning, did any of those major suspects have life altering changes (even just moving to a new city) happen to them in early 1970?

It would seem odd to me that the killings would suddenly stop. But the suspect would continue living life just as he always has, same city, same job, no deaths in the family, just same-ole-same-ole. It would make more sense if one of them went to jail, or moved to a new state, or something like that.

Posted : January 28, 2019 9:37 pm
 Khys
(@khys)
Estimable Member

Ross died in ‘77 and was likely in and out of mental institutions during the years prior. I can’t speak for ALA but I’m sure his thread discusses it somewhere.

Z said he was gonna stop being obvious with his killings in a letter. There is legitimate room for speculation that he killed more people past Stine as he claimed in his letters with the running tallies, just less obviously.

EDIT: Timelime for Ross

http://zodiackillerciphers.com/wiki/ind … s_Sullivan

Posted : January 28, 2019 10:03 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

ALA was ruled out and so will be Ross.

Of course it depends on which suspect, but you are right it is strange that Z had ‘stopped’ his killings. However, he at least moved away from his ‘crime area’ once (Riverside), imo.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : January 29, 2019 5:17 am
(@shrapnel18)
Eminent Member

Sullivan’s residences from 1968 (arrest date) to 1974 Santa Cruz are not documented anywhere. Interestingly, his move to Santa Cruz in 1974 coincided with the last confirmed letter. His brother, without giving specific details, explained that he was in and out of institutions.

Posted : January 30, 2019 7:12 am
Share: