This case would be very easy to solve.

52 Posts
18 Users
0 Reactions
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

1. Take the watch found at CJB crime scene. Take the (body cell) smudge from below the watch. Put it into GED/DNA.
2. Use various Z letter’s DNA, from the envelopes/stamps, compare it to the one found in Riverside.
3. Arrest or unbury the suspect. If DNA is no match to SF/Vallejo, put suspect in jail for CJB.

I really wonder what makes this case is so ‘complicated’. I might be wrong and it might be Ross’ or even Alan’s DNA but I just don’t get it. WTF is Riverside PD doing, actually? Opinions?

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : June 8, 2021 1:01 am
(@luke68)
Trusted Member

RPD believe they know who murdered Cheri so won’t do anything.

Posted : June 8, 2021 1:10 am
Chaucer
(@chaucer)
Moderator Admin

They do not have a full DNA profile of the Zodiac.

“Murder will out, this my conclusion.”
– Geoffrey Chaucer

Posted : June 8, 2021 1:32 am
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

RPD believe they know who murdered Cheri so won’t do anything.

The one already ruled out by DNA?

Posted : June 8, 2021 1:47 am
(@vegas-lawyer)
Reputable Member

1. Take the watch found at CJB crime scene. Take the (body cell) smudge from below the watch. Put it into GED/DNA.
2. Use various Z letter’s DNA, from the envelopes/stamps, compare it to the one found in Riverside.
3. Arrest or unbury the suspect. If DNA is no match to SF/Vallejo, put suspect in jail for CJB.

I really wonder what makes this case is so ‘complicated’. I might be wrong and it might be Ross’ or even Alan’s DNA but I just don’t get it. WTF is Riverside PD doing, actually? Opinions?

QT

What makes you think the watch has identifiable DNA on it after 50 years? There wasn’t sufficient saliva on the Zodiac letters to get a DNA match. Even if you got DNA from the letters, that only tells you who licked the stamp or envelope. It does not necessarily tell you who wrote the letter or whether the person who wrote the letter killed anyone. It would be a huge break in the case to identify a suspect through the letters, but it would not necessarily solve the case. You would still need to place that person at a crime scene or tie them to a victim in some way. Obviously, DNA recovered from the watch at the CJB crime scene could do that. But, DNA simply from the letters is not dispositive without more.

Posted : June 8, 2021 10:20 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Not talking about the letters. Hard to avoid dna on the backside of a wrist watch. So far, nobody looked for it.

I had this idea min 5 years ago, what else to say. Wrote to RPD, no response. Anybody wants to try again? Guess it’s a coroner issue..

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : June 8, 2021 11:28 pm
(@monarch)
Reputable Member

Not talking about the letters. Hard to avoid dna on the backside of a wrist watch. So far, nobody looked for it.

I had this idea min 5 years ago, what else to say. Wrote to RPD, no response. Anybody wants to try again? Guess it’s a coroner issue..

QT

Maybe they did get DNA from the watch, if so they will likely keep it a secret.

Maybe this has something to do with the recent RPD "activity" on Cheri’s case that Morf and Tom have talked about ?

Posted : June 9, 2021 6:50 pm
(@simplicity2)
Trusted Member

Agree with Quick, it is a glaring yet apparently not a obvious gold mine for DNA. I do not recall that watch even being analysed for cells, ideally the metal plate on the back should be removed and tested.

And yes, it would only highlight the owner of the watch etc etc but that’s still hell of a lead on a cold case.

Posted : June 9, 2021 7:42 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

It would reveal the killer. The time stopped around the time of her murder. It was found AT the scene. The wrist was ripped – CJB did that very well. He and most likely his brother [Timothy?] both searched for the watch. Latter presumably not even knowing about what was going on, if he was there at all. The watch always WAS evidence, still is, eg the paint spots on the leather.

The person who owned that watch is Z, had vallejo ties, killed Stine and many, many others.

RPD taking its time..questionnable if they do anything with it..they should (be remembered? Unforgotten..).

CJB is the key.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : June 9, 2021 9:03 pm
(@vegas-lawyer)
Reputable Member

The person who owned that watch is Z, had vallejo ties, killed Stine and many, many others.

There is a really good chance that the owner of the watch killed CJB. Whether or not that person is Z remains to be seen. The odds of there still being identifiable DNA on that watch are very slim.

Posted : June 9, 2021 9:13 pm
(@simplicity2)
Trusted Member

The searching for a watch story has always sounded iffy to me.

Anyone know if the watch was water resistant or water proof? If only resistant then I would be amazed if substantial DNA had not found its way into the watch via every crevice. Even the leather loop attaching to the watch itself should be open and inspected.

Depends how well it’s be stored, handled etc.

Posted : June 9, 2021 9:17 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Here is the link to the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/riverside-poli … e_petition

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : June 9, 2021 9:19 pm
jacob
(@jacob)
Noble Member

I’m sure testing physical evidence in a cold case using new forensic techniques isn’t something Riverside PD has ever considered (sarcasm).

Posted : June 9, 2021 9:31 pm
(@simplicity2)
Trusted Member

I’m sure testing physical evidence in a cold case using new forensic techniques isn’t something Riverside PD has ever considered (sarcasm).

Happens literally all the time, evidence sitting in storage for many decades until someone prompts LE internally or externally to re-examine retest old evidence. I have never once heard or read about that watch undertaking any such testing or even consideration for such testing (it might have).

Posted : June 9, 2021 9:40 pm
(@monarch)
Reputable Member

Happens literally all the time, evidence sitting in storage for many decades until someone prompts LE internally or externally to re-examine retest old evidence. I have never once heard or read about that watch undertaking any such testing or even consideration for such testing (it might have).

One of our Moderators (Tahoe27) was told by Ken Mains that the watch was tested for DNA in 2017 and they did get a positive
result, However she said she did not know if it was a full or partial DNA profile.

Posted : June 9, 2021 11:19 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: