Zodiac Discussion Forum

408, the last 18- a…

Notifications
Clear all

408, the last 18- all roads lead to E, or maybe RS?

25 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
(@mr-lowe)
Noble Member

Doranchak .. Would a home made multi cipher ring give you that result

Posted : October 2, 2015 12:42 am
marie
(@marie)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Fisrt, thanks to doranchak for looking into it all, and I appreciate agreement and dissent. I needed a day or so break to let it sink in as my mind tends to explode and then things get messy.

My personal thought is 3% or less, and I assume that is for any letter being the tree root or however it wants to be explained is not coincidence, but I rule nothing out w/o satisfying proof. That then begets the question, what the heck with E? Is that the clue? I wasn’t looking for it, it existed. And I assume the 3% or less is for any letter (or symbol) being the root letter (or symbol)? If that is the case, E might be important as you would then have a fraction of that percentage leading to that. OR just poor and coincidental ciphering ability.

I do agree the "GYKE" finding is probably nothing, however, again, I am trying not to bias myself and thought it was important to point out since, while not my fave POI, I have not ruled him out and don’t want to bias anyone else’s opinion by a legitimate truth that I found in the cipher. And we all know there are a lot of coincidences in this case.

I have many posts in other topics that go unanswered or queried, but if I find something I find interesting, I post it. If it ends up being crap, I let it go. But with 50 years of this case, the answer will lay where no one has looked, IMHO. And I think different. Yup, I always use a Mac, always have and always will, and the poor grammar of their slogan drove me nuts.

So back to "all roads lead to E." I don’t know, but maybe that is the clue or maybe its coincidence. Ignoring anything that doesn’t fit your paradigm is not good research.

-m

The problem when solved will be simple– Kettering

Posted : October 2, 2015 6:30 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

There are many strange aspects of the last 18. There are 9 different letters used in the last 18. If you take the 9 letters used they can spell:

BOTH PRIME.

Intentional? Coincidence? A clue? Who knows :)

Posted : October 4, 2015 2:53 pm
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

Those 18 letters can make so many words.

Some of my favorite anagrams of them are:

I’M HERE TO BITE THE PIE
THE EERIE POET BIT HIM
I HOE THE TIBET EMPIRE
I BETTER HOPE I TEE HIM.
BE HERE. TIPTOE. TIE HIM.

You can even get them to say "HERMIT THEO" to indict your suspect! :)

http://zodiackillerciphers.com

Posted : October 4, 2015 3:03 pm
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

If you take the 9 letters used they can spell:

BOTH PRIME.

And also: BITE MORPH :D

Posted : October 4, 2015 3:05 pm
glurk
(@glurk)
Prominent Member

Just when I thought we had weaned AK off of the anagram diet…

-glurk

EDIT: I’d better add a smilie or two… ;) :roll: :lol:

——————————–
I don’t believe in monsters.

Posted : October 4, 2015 4:19 pm
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

Nah I’m pretty much off the anagrams, fun and interesting, but too many choices and possible combinarions, so they are a road to nowhere. Hmm, NOWHERE. Could be WON HER…

Posted : October 4, 2015 6:51 pm
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

Back to the interesting observation of the original poster…

In the section on the possible use of a typewriter to help make part of the 408 code, I noticed a similar sort of trail – I will bump it in case anyone wants to see it and compare it to this observation.

Posted : October 4, 2015 6:55 pm
doranchak
(@doranchak)
Member Admin

anagram diet…

anagram diet ==> I’m an aged rat ==> A radiant gem

(Apologies for derailing the thread :) )

Posted : October 4, 2015 7:09 pm
marie
(@marie)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Personally I like BITE MORPH if we are going to anagram, but for some reason I think the anagram diet would best be replaced by E foods- Eggplant, Eggs, Elderberry, Extra Virgin Olive Oil…

I glanced through the keyboard hypothesis, interesting, but will take a close look in a bit. If we are to assume Z did the Riverside Confession Letter that was typed, I would assume that would mean he has familiarity with the QWERTY keyboard. Were there any others available at the time?

I live near the original home of Smith Corona, I wonder if that was partly what sucked me into this insanity. That or they left some chemicals behind that leached into the ground water.

And for fun I should mention they had a secret "room" where they worked on Enigma decoders.

-m

The problem when solved will be simple– Kettering

Posted : October 6, 2015 12:25 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: