4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
traveller1st
(@traveller1st)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Reconstructed and combined version by traveller1st

I don’t know Chief, he’s very smart or very dumb.

Posted : April 1, 2013 7:02 pm
 Wier
(@wier)
Reputable Member

Was wondering if the following was just a meaningless coincidence (possibly even of my own making) or if it pointed to some method to Z,s madness.

We know from frequency analysis that the Letter E runs at approx 13% to the closest whole number.

Similarly
Zodiac has a message 408 in length and chooses to encode using 54 symbols…..54 is 13% of 408
Zodiac chooses to use 7 symbols to represent E….. 7 is 13% of 54
The most frequently used symbol represents M…the 13th letter of the alphabet.
In switching to the 340 Z curiously drops 7 symbols ( when he needs more)…. again 13%.

Posted : January 25, 2018 6:26 pm
Zresearch
(@zresearch)
Reputable Member

I initially tried to "section" the cipher using indicators found in the ciphertext, example below:

Then I decided To use the small dots To create individual lines of cipher text, which I then formed into even boxes. So I would take the cipher text and write it in a straight line, the line would stop at the "." , I would then take this line and create an even box with the text. By this means you get several individual boxes, much like the cipher that was split into 3 sections.

( the dots have red circles around them ignore the "luv" and "li" in red dashed lines, those were placed there for another project, and I did not want to attempt to remove them just for this quick post.

Ultimately I did not get very far with these attempts, but I have made some incredible progress using another mean, I Will discuss all my actual cipher work when I am finished with it.

I also did something similar To what you have done by combining the three ciphers into a single sheet, then dividing the z340 by the same dimensions.

Posted : January 25, 2018 6:52 pm
Zresearch
(@zresearch)
Reputable Member

This picture makes it easier To see the lines of text. Each individual line is taken and put into a box.

…like I said, I did not get very far here, but it was an interesting method of suctioning up the cipher.

*modifications To the cipher photographs by: topsy Kret / Mr. E. Mann

Posted : January 25, 2018 7:10 pm
Share: