Zodiac's profile composite

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
11.2 K Views
(@eduard-versluijs)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

There was/is rumor about a profile-composite that was made. Victim Mike M. said to the police he saw the assailant only in profile. I don’t remember if he ever was asked for a composite drawing interview. But he told the police about only seeing a profile and there could be a profile composite.

The picture below was seen on Jake W.’s website several years ago.

Accoording to Jake the pic was from the SF Chronicle, May 4, 1981, p. 5. Byline Bill Wallace, photo credit Gary Fong. The cutline reads ‘I get calls from people all over the country,’ said San Francisco Police Inspector Jim Deasy.

Is this the profile composite being referred to? It shows SFPD Inspector Jim Deasy at his desk. He’s obviously looking through some Zodiac material (notice the other composite in his left hand and under his right). What is the change that a profile sketch on a Z investigator’s desk surrounded by the other Zodiac composites could be unrelated ? I don’t know why they would mix unrelated stuff in.

If it was a profile of the S.F composite, then they would have shown a crew cut . The composite has a pompadour style of hair, like Mike had once stated. The composite has glasses on. Mike told the interviewers of the 2007 docu "This is the Zodiac speaking…" that his assailant wore glasses.

We can’t be sure at this time if this is a composite of the Zodiac at BRS or just an unrelated composite between the pages of the Zodiac files on Deasy’s desk.But I found it interesting enough to show you this pic.

Posted : April 17, 2016 12:56 pm
Seagull
(@seagull)
Member Moderator

Eduard, here is the article. The image with my copy is not any better than the one you posted and it may be worse! Perhaps the article will put the picture in context for you. There is a chance that I can go back to the library where I got the article and fiddle with the microfilm machine to see if I can get a better copy of the image. I cannot do it for a few weeks though. I have put it on my list of things to get from the Chronicle.

www.santarosahitchhikermurders.com

Posted : April 18, 2016 3:16 am
(@eduard-versluijs)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Wow, Seagull…

Glad you posted this to the forum. Interesting to read about Deasy and Ken Narlow and their take on this case. Thank you very much!!!

Posted : April 18, 2016 7:40 pm
Sam
 Sam
(@sam)
Trusted Member

Yes, I believe Cheney was referring to this.

“Nobody called him Arthur.”

Posted : April 24, 2021 9:17 pm
Share: