Topic starter

Kevin Fagan
San Francisco Chronicle
12/11/22020

Article on 340 bring solved:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/

Zam*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted : December 12, 2020 3:47 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

I contacted him – still not understood the publicity-pushed self proclaimed ‘solution’ – I just could not figure out yet, how that should work. He said more to come but I have the impression that he simply relies on what is carried towards him. Anybody with a 1:1 explanation regarding the ‘solution’?

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 12, 2020 5:32 am
(@themikado90)
Trusted Member

Quicktrader, have you watched the video? It explains it really well and even accounts for the line which has some flaws in it. This solution seems rock solid to me…. words and phrases like ‘paradice’, ‘slaves’ and ‘gas chamber’ don’t just start rolling out of a code when this little manipulation has taken place.

Posted : December 12, 2020 2:31 pm
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

I HAVE watched the video. I also USED the KEY given in that video. Applying the method ("one below, two to the right") I get THIS gibberish, which might be accidential or not:

THUS, I can follow some words to be found (by using exactly this key). However, I do not get the same results as shown in the video but the text above. But even CHAMBER can be found, if creative, as it was CHAMBEF instead. Also I can see the SLAVER as well as the ECIDARAPDEATH, whatsoever.

But can you see more than this in the rest of the cipher? IF SO, please let me know. Because if you start to write ANY matching text according to this method as well as ADD some words such as LIFEIS or DEATH, you most likely will end up with a similar result??

All I ask is this:

Where is the complete solution of the cipher?

And the rest, using this method, imo is gibberish (rather all). So please, if you can – help and explain. Because I simply don’t get it, yet (call me stupid if you want to). :?:

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 12, 2020 4:46 pm
(@blackdoomer)

From what can I see, you’re trying to apply the method on the whole text, without preliminarily splitting it down by 9-9-2 chunks and/or without rolling diagonals to the beginning of lines, which is obligatory.

Excuse me in advance if I’ve mistaken.

Posted : December 13, 2020 3:09 am
Quicktrader
(@quicktrader)
Famed Member

From what can I see, you’re trying to apply the method on the whole text, without preliminarily splitting it down by 9-9-2 chunks and/or without rolling diagonals to the beginning of lines, which is obligatory.

Excuse me in advance if I’ve mistaken.

Ok, cut away the first nine lines – and show me the rest if you can. Because this exactly is what I can not see. The first part could result from having it entered into some program, ok. But the second part should comply. I cannot see more than e.g. two words in that one. And so far, the people who proclaimed to ‘having solved’ the Z340 did not respond on that.

On my first try, writing into such pattern any accidential text, I was able to set up a complete sentence over approx. 4-5 diagonal lines. But it did not work out with the rest – of course. At the moment I see nothing better than that.

1:1 transcription is missing.

And, to be honest, its like a nightmare to see media, people responding etc. without any solution SHOWN, yet. I asked about it at least 5 times in different threads, the guys did not respond (probably ‘busy’ with promoting whatever). Respectfully.

Thanks for the hint – if you can get me some cleartext out of the part shown at minute 7:40, I’d be happy. And I am NOT talking about finding three words with 4 errors in it there.

QT

*ZODIACHRONOLOGY*

Posted : December 13, 2020 4:06 am
Share: