Devotion Collected Poems by Bettye Harden

13 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Bettye Hardens Book of Poems is available.
Foreword by Leslie Harden Harper

Devotion
Collected poems 1938-2000
Bettye Harden

I feel blessed to have been sent this book.
It allowed me to ponder the depth’s of Bettye Hardens deep emotions.
Zamantha*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted : April 23, 2020 6:39 pm
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Bettye Hardens Book of Poems is available.
Foreword by Leslie Harden Harper

Devotion
Collected poems 1938-2000
Bettye Harden

I feel blessed to have been sent this book.
It allowed me to ponder the depth’s of Bettye Hardens deep emotions.
Zamantha*

To order Bettye Harden’s Book of Poems:
https://books.google.com/books/about/De … vBzAEACAAJ

If Zodiac ever joined a Z forum, I’m sure he would have been banned for not following forum rules. Zam’s/Quote

Posted : April 23, 2020 6:42 pm
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

Thanks for posting this information. I’ve always been interested in Bettye and Don Harden. I think they are the true civilian heroes in the Zodiac Saga, who made contributions just as big, if not bigger, then many of the police.

I think it might have been her daughter who was very upfront and wrote about her mother Bettye’s struggles with mental health issues. But perhaps Bettye’s way of looking at the world gave her some unique insights into the mind of Zodiac. I thought it was a brilliant intuitive feeling that she had that Zodiac was such an egoist and narcissist that he would start the code message with "I", and that as killing was most important to him he might start the message saying something like "I like killing". And of course her and Don’s intuition proved exactly correct.

Could you post one or two of the poems here, to give people an idea of what is contained in the book?

I hope Bettye and Don Harden are always remembered, and that there large contribution to the Zodiac case is remembered as well.

Posted : April 24, 2020 8:30 pm
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Thanks for posting this information. I’ve always been interested in Bettye and Don Harden. I think they are the true civilian heroes in the Zodiac Saga, who made contributions just as big, if not bigger, then many of the police.

I think it might have been her daughter who was very upfront and wrote about her mother Bettye’s struggles with mental health issues. But perhaps Bettye’s way of looking at the world gave her some unique insights into the mind of Zodiac. I thought it was a brilliant intuitive feeling that she had that Zodiac was such an egoist and narcissist that he would start the code message with "I", and that as killing was most important to him he might start the message saying something like "I like killing". And of course her and Don’s intuition proved exactly correct.

Could you post one or two of the poems here, to give people an idea of what is contained in the book?

I hope Bettye and Don Harden are always remembered, and that there large contribution to the Zodiac case is remembered as well.

I agree, I find the Hardens most interesting. And have learned more from Leslie. Hopefully some information that will be public in the future. The book gives some insight on Bettye herself, her feelings & emotions. Poems can be a very powerful to release emotions.
I received two copies, I will value the signed copy & note from Leslie.
The Book has a side of Bettye’s face on the cover & the other side on the back- perhaps showing two personalities.
I was looking at her verbiage & use of words.
Zamantha*
Unfortunately, I can’t share what’s in this book, due to copy right laws.

Posted : April 25, 2020 2:36 am
AK Wilks
(@ak-wilks)
Noble Member

Under the "Fair Use" provisions of the Copyright Act, you can generally post, in a non-commercial way, a very short excerpt a book, or one or two poems from a book of poetry, for purposes of non-profit and non-commercial education, research, discussion and reportage.

Could you post it the image of the front and back covers?

Anyway, thanks for your reply, it contains some interesting information.

Posted : April 25, 2020 2:57 am
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

A little information:

https://books.google.com/books/about/De … vBzAEACAAJ

Posted : April 25, 2020 3:23 am
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

The book is available on Amazon and has the "look inside" feature which will give anyone a chance to read sections of the book. I recommend that, and you can see the cover beautifully too. In Amazon just search Bettye Harden and Devotion and it should come up.

Zincerely, Zam*

Posted : April 25, 2020 3:59 am
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Both sides of the book cover.

Posted : April 25, 2020 11:01 am
(@stitchmallone)
Prominent Member

If you bought it you have every right to mention anything about it! It is made public when it was put up for sale!

Posted : April 26, 2020 6:40 pm
defuser351
(@defuser351)
Estimable Member

Thanks Zam – I just ordered the book and can’t wait to read it. From all my investigations Bettye was a tortured soul who eventually was diagnosed as being schizophrenic. She also was a keen follower of ‘Graphology’ which is the study into reading someones personality via studying their handwriting, which I find quite interesting.

Posted : April 27, 2020 8:14 am
(@in-bonus-fides)
Estimable Member

Hi Zamantha!!!

I feel that I should say hi and thanks for posting this!!!

IBF

Posted : April 27, 2020 10:15 am
Zamantha
(@zamantha)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Hi Zamantha!!!

I feel that I should say hi and thanks for posting this!!!

IBF

Hello back IBF,
Happy to see you’re still doing your Z research. A lot of us go back to researching a few forums ago!
There’s still a lot of information to find out there!

Zincerely, Zamantha*

Posted : April 27, 2020 6:32 pm
defuser351
(@defuser351)
Estimable Member

Bettye was a Victim of what we now call human trafficking. She was Kidnapped and as she described it, "sold into white Slavery." – Leslie Harden Harper

Posted : May 29, 2020 6:45 pm
Share: